Poll: Forgot about Reach?

GodsAndFishes

Mar 22, 2009
I'd be playing more of it except its my final year at uni and have absolute arse-tonnes of work to do.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I'm still playing it, but I'm enjoying it less and less with every day. The campaign was pretty lackluster, and while I really liked the multiplayer portion, I find it pretty insufferable now when playing by myself.

It's camp-happy, it's hard to get into a decently balanced game and some of the weapons are frankly cheap. Maybe I just don't like the whole "fight for the power weapon" gameplay, but I did enjoy Reach beforehand.

However, the most frequently chosen maps are pretty bad, and the good ones never get picked.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
If I have lernt one thing about Halo games over the past 10 years of playing them, then its this, they have a huge life span and tend to go in and out of fasion during their time.

When people finsih Fallout/Fable 3 the might stick halo in their xbox and get hooked all over again.

Black ops is a little different since COD is one of the only games that truely competes with Halo in terms of Multiplayer.

What im saying is new games will come out, people will play them for 3 weeks or whatever, then move back to Halo. Thats how all Halo Games play out.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
I still play it whenever I get the chance. I can't get enough of the campaign, I just love it - as with all the Halo games I've played, the combat never gets old for me, probably because the levels are less linear than many shooter games (or rather, the combat situations are).

I also dip into multiplayer from time to time. It's most fun with friends, of course. The only feature of Reach I haven't played extensively is Forge World, and that's because I have a creativity deficit and just like the other features too much :p.

So, yeah. Pay no attention to the haters, the elitist PC gamers or the disloyal guys who just move on to the next big thing when it comes out. Halo is still great and fun.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
If I still had my 360 I'd be on it with me chums. Now I have a PS3 I've got some single player goodness to do. (God of War Collection, Just Cause 2, both Uncharted games)

I don't miss it, but I wouldn't say no to a couple of split-screen games on it.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Knight Templar said:
I never heard any hype, but most people I know are playing it. Or they've boosted to the top rank and become bored.
Really? You didn't see trailers posted everywhere, the comments about game of the year and the spartan taking off in a jetpack for a promo? That stuff was everywhere

I don't own it but haven't forgotten about it - theres a fails of the week video every monday on the achievementhunter site. Man those videos are priceless - quite like what Irridium posted earlier

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I still play it fairly regularly and I'm gearing up for my solo legendary playthrough.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I gave up on Reach after 4 or 5 hours of the multi.

It felt so slow and boring compared to COD.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Black Ops. People are excited about the new Call of Duty and are forgetting about the "old" Halo. But really... were you expecting Halo: Reach to be something that people are still freaking out about for months on end?

Wadders said:
I played the campaign, thought it was alright, played split-screen MP with mates for a few weeks, then went back to Bad Company 2 - where I shall remain till something better comes along.
Something better... like this?

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
Black Ops. People are excited about the new Call of Duty and are forgetting about the "old" Halo. But really... were you expecting Halo: Reach to be something that people are still freaking out about for months on end?

Wadders said:
I played the campaign, thought it was alright, played split-screen MP with mates for a few weeks, then went back to Bad Company 2 - where I shall remain till something better comes along.
Something better... like this?

Something exactly like that. The sooner they release that, the better :D

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
I'm actually playing it right now. It is a tough sell considering how different it is from the others and all the competition it has. The other Halo games practically had an open year when they launched. They had nothing to compete with on the Xbox. Reach has to deal with New Vegas, Black Ops, Medal of Honor and several other games. Its just a bad time to launch.
Actually, games like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Modern Warfare, and Assassin's Creed all came out in the same season as Halo 3, so it's not like it was released in a vacuum. Even with that kind of competition it still seemed like Halo's popularity never took a hit, whereas this time most people I know have already started to ignore Reach entirely. I guess time will tell if that trend continues.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
OK, so I just finished having hilarious fun with my friend on splitscreen (while playing online as well). This reminds me why I will never get the "blah blah multiplayer is pointless bullshit" people.

Laughing hysterically as we blow shit up in Rocket Race? Fun that will never be forgotten.

Laughing hysterically as we employ the good ol' "MORE DAKKA" approach on Sniperfight? Fun that will never be forgotten.

Laughing hysterically as we reach 1,000,000 points in 10 minutes on a modified Firefight gametype? Fun that will never be forgotten.

Even when the campaign eventually loses its charm (and I dunno if it will tbh - Halo 3's never did for me) the multiplayer will still be going strong. Having fun with friends never gets old.

May 11, 2010
TheEvilJester said:
I still play Muliplayer. Honestly though, I'm waiting to kill zombies with John F Kennedy. I'm sorry if that makes me some generic shooter loving prick but fuck it. Zombie mode is damn fun.
You speak the truth. Zombie mode is the only reason why im getting blackops. Maybe try out the multiplayer

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Thunderhorse31 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
I'm actually playing it right now. It is a tough sell considering how different it is from the others and all the competition it has. The other Halo games practically had an open year when they launched. They had nothing to compete with on the Xbox. Reach has to deal with New Vegas, Black Ops, Medal of Honor and several other games. Its just a bad time to launch.
Yes, but its been 3 years since its launch and Call of Duty has since stolen the show with 2 games. It can't really compete against a series that has hooked its fanbase while Reach and ODST were in the making. Not to mention that AC and Bioshock and Mass Effect were decent games, their new emergence put them at a disadvantage against a heavily rooted FPS game with an addictive mutliplayer.

This year we're seeing tons of sequels. New Vegas, Black Ops, Brotherhood in 2011, Bioshock 3, and a few others. Halo now has to keep against more franchises then ever before.

tinkyyy

Nov 17, 2008
TheEvilJester said:
I still play Muliplayer. Honestly though, I'm waiting to kill zombies with John F Kennedy. I'm sorry if that makes me some generic shooter loving prick but fuck it. Zombie mode is damn fun.
I too am like you, I still play multiplayer a bit, but I am also a "generic shooter loving prick" (I quite like that as a name actually) waiting to shoot Zombies :)

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
I still play it a lot. It definitely hasn't died for me. It had the best campaign and multiplayer in the entire series.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
It's the strongest of the campaigns but it ended. As I could not give a shit less about multiplayer in Halo I forgot about it pretty quick though.

That said however, slick ending.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I play Reach at a friends as much as I can. People don't talk bout it, but I still see everyone playing it. I would be playing it too if I had a TV to play it on.