Poll: Forgot about Reach?

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I still haven't gotten it.
I want it, but not enough that I can't wait for the holidays.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
I'm still playing it, and this comes from the hype-killer (don't believe me--look at the hate-storm that came from me saying that Black Ops wouldn't be worth my money.)

Reach is probably the best in the series since the first one.

It's also the last game I'm buying until TES V comes out (WHY, BETHESDA? WHHHYYY RELEASE ANOTHER FALLOUT BEFORE TES V?!)

Altgough, I might take a look at Brotherhood after all...

Seatownstriker

May 19, 2010
I still play it a ton. And don't get me started on New Vegas. Not impressed with a company that thinks it can release a broken game, then come out with patches later. Thats like turning in a school project 3/4 of the way done. Then telling the teacher, oh yeah I'll get the rest in later?

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
It's just not getting so much attention now because it's actually been released.
Most of the games that get massive amounts of post-release attention here are the ones with choice systems of some kind; the ones where people will have had very different experiences, and so can discuss them at length. Alternatively, the ones with a depth that really wasn't expected of them (see Red Dead Redemption)
Reach is fun, sure, but not particularly worthy of discussion. Few shooters are. Now excuse me whilst I go play Invasion mode some more.

FlyAwayAutumn

Rating: Negative Awesome
May 19, 2009
I play MP when I get the chance but I'm mostly busy trying to finish other games

here's my recently played games

Fable 3
Castlevania: LoS
Fallout: NV
StarWars: TFU 2
Dead Rising 2

I play Reach in between. At least once a day to finish the daily challenges.

Dxz5roxg

Aug 19, 2009
It kind of lost popularity among my friends. Personally I overplayed it then got sucked up in Fable 3 and haven't paid much attention to it. I'm waiting for Black Ops cause I know I'll have a lot of fun with it but I'll be getting Assassin's Creed first. Halo just kind of got left behind for me. There's to much else out there. I'll be coming back to it though.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I'm still playing it. I think it's more of a slow burn game, to be honest. I mean, a large number of people were playing Halo 3 for more than two years. I suspect Reach will last even longer than that. Sure, many players will fall away, but a significant number will remain.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Eh, I'd rather play my Halo 2, then spend 60$ on a high-polished version.

But, I have to admit... I had started to forget Halo Reach even existed. xD

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
Still play it for my online FPS needs, alongside Bad company 2.

The only real major thing that annoyed me is the promise of large maps, only for most to be small and getting that damn "10 seconds to return" whenever trying to go anywere.

deonte9109

Sep 8, 2010
Oddly enough I havent played it yet and I still want to. I actually ended up getting new vegas cuz of a gamestop deal but im gonna trade NV for reach with a friend once im done with it.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Tankichi said:
skennedy929 said:
I'm a long-time Halo fan and Reach will be the 360 game I played the least of.

It's old, boring, and more or less the same game I've been playing since Halo 2.
I heard there was 1 fun game mode. Thats it lol.

OT: 200 million in advertising? Are you sure you got that right?
No that number is way, way off. The advertising for Reach was more likely ~$10 million; Halo 3 had like $7 mill in advertising and Reach was supposedly more than that.

It was Kinect's advertising budget that is gigantic ($400 million), which is where my exaggeration came from. Still, I haven't seen a commercial for Reach is a long time, while I can't spend 20 minutes without seeing ads for New Vegas or Black Ops or Brotherhood or Goldeneye. It just seems like Reach is an afterthought as far as the general public is concerned.

bfgmetalhead

Aug 4, 2010
halo 3 was more fun as the custom games were better as party chat didd'nt exist for the first year of halo 3's life, it was the only way to communicate on mass so take reach's forge and halo3's weapons and no armor abilites and you get SUPAR HALO MASTAR CHIEF EXPLOSIN OF AWSOME 3

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Thunderhorse31 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
I'm actually playing it right now. It is a tough sell considering how different it is from the others and all the competition it has. The other Halo games practically had an open year when they launched. They had nothing to compete with on the Xbox. Reach has to deal with New Vegas, Black Ops, Medal of Honor and several other games. Its just a bad time to launch.
Actually, games like Bioshock, Mass Effect, Modern Warfare, and Assassin's Creed all came out in the same season as Halo 3, so it's not like it was released in a vacuum. Even with that kind of competition it still seemed like Halo's popularity never took a hit, whereas this time most people I know have already started to ignore Reach entirely. I guess time will tell if that trend continues.
I've played pretty much daily for the past month*, and it's a slow period when the in-game counter shows fewer than a quarter-million players on. I'm not certain it's tapered off that drastically compared with H3... I won't compare it with H2, though; its popularity was ridiculous, because it really was the only of its kind at the time and it gained crazy loyalty because of that.

-- Steve

* Started playing on launch day, even had the day off work to burn off some unused vacation days. Alas, a week or so afterward I got an inner ear thing; vertigo + FPS = whoopsie, so I had to set it aside for a good two weeks. I begrudge that time...

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Nah not really I mean I havent played it thanks to Fable, Fallout and soon comeing BlackOps. Too many good games have came out and my attention can only be in so many places.