Poll: Gamer by day, or gamer by night?

Sam6066

May 22, 2010
So, I was wondering when people like to game. I personally prefer the night; something about the enshrouding darkness and creepy silence enhances my gaming experience somehow. But everyone's different. Do you favour the sunlight of the day, or the shadows of the night?

On a related note (though maybe a tad stretched), take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRekiKCtc6M

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I do whatever. If I'm out in the day, I'll play at night; if I'm out at night, I'll play in the day...

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
A bit of both.

During daytime I play the grand games on cranked up 5.1 surround

but having neighbors beyond thin walls and ceilings, that needs to stop 10pm at the latest. So during the night I play everything that doesn't lose much on puny headphones. A lot of Minecraft lately, some Sins of a Solar Empire or Civ5.
Left 4 Dead 2 is good for both. Loud Hard Rain is awesome, but a late night shooting some zombies is just as good.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
I only game during the day at the weekends... when I have real free time during the day (weekend evenings are for violence). But when I'm sick or on holiday (after a fashion) you can tell what I'm going to do once I get out of bed... (watching anime/random writing/reading/Escapist aside).

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
I stay up until 3 in the morning on Xbox sometimes, I don't wake up early to play Xbox. Nighttime, definitely.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I play whenever I have the free time and the desire to game instead of enjoying one of my other hobbbies, but I prefer to play at night. Much like film, I find games more immersive and enjoyable when I can turn out the lights and have that bright screen shining in the darkness take up my whole field of vision. I guess it's theoretically possible to do this during the daytime, but I don't exactly have blackout curtains, so the effect is more pronounced at night.

Nicholas Woodruff

Cynical Cynic
Jan 2, 2011
A little biased, since most of us have answered Whenever we Feel like it. Because not all of us have days structured the same day after day. My week changes based on the shifts I work.
But usually, I'm gonna say night a little more often then day.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
I try for daytime over night, as a good amount of my friends I play with are three hours ahead of me. Generally this gets reserved for weekends though, as I get home from work at around 6PM. Then I have to make/eat dinner, do some form of cleaning like dishes and depending on what everybody else is doing we may watch a movie or then I'll play games depending on how I am feeling.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I prefer the evening/night in general, partially because at the moment it's a little bit cooler than the daytime. Other than that I just prefer to be awake at night anyway.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Uh, I'm usually not awake for much of the day, but come late-night I've got other things to busy myself with...Gamer by dusk I guess?

I do prefer the night though, so I guess gaming falls into that. But to be fair, that's mostly for horror games. Generally, it's late-afternoon, early-night, with the exception being when I'm playing with friends in the mid-afternoon.

Caffeine Rage

Mar 11, 2011
Because my sleep cycle tends to slowly rotate; I have to say I'm a both day and night time gamer. It just depends on when I happen to be sleeping.

I have to admit, I tend to prefer the late evenings for gaming. More people to play with and my friends are generally not as busy then.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Normally by night, but not entirely by choice. Some of us have work during the day, you know.