Poll: Gamer Girlfriends

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I want one but I dont know if it will work, the girl I like is my best friends sister.......and that is soo akward.....yeeesh *tugs coller* any tips would hepl people....

ArchAngelKira

Mar 25, 2010
Darkauthor81 said:
My girlfriend just recently got into Disgaea. Since she's never played a tactical rpg before I have to help her out a lot. But she's a completionist and she loves the characters and the art style. So once she gets her head wrapped around the game mechanics I'm sure she'll take the game farther than I ever did. (There's tons of content after the main story I never touched)

She got me into pokemon and Persona and our roles were reversed with me having to ask her something every five minutes.

So, do any of you have, or have had, a gamer girlfriend? Share your experiences.

PS. We recently bought a bearded dragon lizard. We named him Laharl. :)

I couldn't play disgaea with out ether cheating though it or quiting on it. Wow shes better then me

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
My girlfriend is a very casual gamer. She plays Brawl with her friends and is obsessed with Sims 3.

Jan 29, 2009
Not that I have one, but I know a pretty cool girl.
-Plays Xbox
-Has Legos
-Once started a conversation with "You know how in Firefly..."
Yeah, she's awesome.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Woodsey said:
Souplex said:
A gentleman doesn't tell. *Smug smile*
Its not like he's asking if you got to enter through the "back door" - although that would certainly earn you a smug smile. Hehe.

OT: Nope. I play quite a lot, but I couldn't care less if they didn't have any interest in it.
There's always a "back door"...

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
SegaJanesis said:
RAKtheUndead said:
I'm largely of the opinion that women who game heavily are generally less interesting, more intolerant and more unpleasant people to be around than those that don't play games at all.
This is true. Unfortunately, most girls who game know that they're a commodity and use it as a license to act like fools. Women who don't game don't get lulled into that false sense of security that they're beautiful and attainable no matter what they do. I think this makes the non-gaming variety a lot nicer most of the time.

You have to weigh the possibility of an extreme attitude and unwarranted sense of entitlement against the challenge of convincing someone to doesn't play games to like your hobby or at least let you enjoy it guilt-free.

Both suck. Wait for the right girl who fits into your lifestyle effortlessly. Use all your freetime while waiting to play more games.
One of these days I hope to find a lady, not unlike yourself, that can appreciate my varied (and frankly, a little bizarre) taste in games.

One day maybe.

:p

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
Blitzwarp said:
I would be a gamer girlfriend if I had a boyfriend.
True story.

A friend of mine's girlfriend doesn't play video games at all, so we got together once and I tried to teach her "how" to play a bunch of different games. She's just not into that kind of stuff, but I thought it was nice that she tried.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
I am a gamer girlfriend, more of a gamer fiance to my gamer man... then again, I'm also his mistress. *grins*

I enjoy brawlers and fighters, shooters and such, more than most of what tries to pass itself off as RPG's these days, but give me my SEGA Saturn or Super NES and almost any game and I'm a happy gal. My man is a sexy thing who enjoys watching me brutalize the bad guys almost as much as I do him. Gods, all the times I've just dozed off in his lap while he hammered his way through Bioshock or Borderlands, or whatever XBLive game I've downloaded for us... He's a wonderful fellah

My current favorite is Splatterhouse on the 360 and screw what all the critics say, Rick grabbing some monster by the face and squeezing it's head in his massive forearms until it crunches and pops the red stuff everywhere, all the while listening to Five Finger Death Punch roaring out "Dying Breed"? Pure cathartic joy that never gets old...

Oh yeah, almost forgot... he's a gamer nerd, and He's MY gamer nerd. *squeezes her man*

TheNewDemoman

Feb 21, 2010
Don't know
, w
I just don't know

I really like fancy women, but at the same time I want a girlfriend/wife supportive of my habits.

-_- oh well never been with a girl ever, only gonna date when I feel like I am ready to marry.

DuderSkanks

Jul 17, 2009
We were both into Video Games before we met. She had a NES as her oldest, My first was an SP. We've been going strong for over a year!

dkcecil

Mar 8, 2011
My wife has two older brothers who were gamers, so I had them to thank for her interest in games. She loves mostly games like Puzzle Quest and Zuma but she takes a break from them every so often for fighting games...mostly DOA.

She's a huge Legacy of Kain fan and told me she would leave me for Raziel. So needless to say it's been pretty awesome. Been together 10 years and married for 3.

RemSaverem

Aug 13, 2008
SegaJanesis said:
RemSaverem said:
I am the gamer in the relationship. Well, we both game a fair bit, but I'm the more mainstream gamer of the two of us, plus I have a job in the games industry. So :p
Oooh, cool! What do you do?
I translate video games from Japanese to English. It's loads of fun. :) I also write/translate strategy guides.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Zenacra said:
i am a gaming girlfriend, and i've had a couple of girlfriends who were kinda into games and one who was a Guild Wars addict. i'm the kind of girl who's more into gaming than anyone she could possibly date, male OR female. i can kick my boyfriend's ass at Reach, and he knows it. i wish i knew more girls into the type of games i like, though, like Blade Kitten or Record of Agarest War, games where there's either really fun platforming or where the characters are actually a factor in the progression, unlike your run-of-the-mill FPS where the story progresses by you shooting everyone in the face with your machine-gun-testicles. (no offense to FPS-fans. i like FPSes, but the story is just too weak in most of them, which is why i restrict myself to Halo titles and the rare non-Halo title which i think looks promising.)
I have to ask... were you just saying you don't like first person shooters with weak story, yet that you play the Halo series in the same sentence?
You just completely contradicted yourself honey.
Also, Blade Kitten was fun for about 5 minutes til i realise the controls were like walking on ice. I wasn't even able to keep myself occupied enough to finish the demo.
The gameplay left much to be desired.
-Tabs<3-

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Ergh, I guess I am one. We both work in game development, so games are a pretty big part of our lives.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
"They always mace me when I ask them to play with my joystick"
LOL, this made me laugh irl. Fortunately for me this does not apply to me. Unfortunately for me "I've never known the touch of a woman" does apply to me =(