Poll: Gears of War 3 and you.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
cydvis said:
They only fun thing i've found fun in GoW is the co-op campaign... until I saw it's not a "co-op campaign with co-op challenges" (like tomb raider guardian of light or even some special ops in Modern Warfare 2), it's just the solo campaign with 2 players on it (like halo 3).
It'd be more accurate to say that the solo campaign is the co-op campaign with only one player on it. It's definitely got a 2 player focus to it

Meh. I'll probably pick it up eventually. But the housemate I'd play through it with has just moved out, so there's distinctly less motivation for me to get it now. Maybe once it hits the used section

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Epic Edition on Day 1. Super psyched for it! I can't wait for me and my friend to coop through the campaign and play some Horde and Beast mode. Best local multiplayer game going IMO.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Well, I'll definitely play through the campaign and play some Horde/Beast mode. I don't know if I'd buy it though. I'd put in a lot of time in Co-op modes but I doubt I will touch the garbage competetive multiplayer unless 3 suddenly doesn't nothing but shotguns.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Definitely getting it. I really want to see how the story finishes, new horde mode looks fantastic and the MP beta was the most fun I'd had online in ages.

TheSapphireKnight said:
Well, I'll definitely play through the campaign and play some Horde/Beast mode. I don't know if I'd buy it though. I'd put in a lot of time in Co-op modes but I doubt I will touch the garbage competetive multiplayer unless 3 suddenly doesn't nothing but shotguns.
I can happily confirm that there have been rebalances, and you can now play the MP effectively with other weapons. I got pretty good with a retro lancer.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Got the epic edidtion resered. Just need to wait. I hope my gamestop gets some replica lancers in stock with the realease, cause i am all over those 2. For those of you who dont get it, its not bad, it just does things a game should do, its not like the ones we see today.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I bought Gears of War 2, GotY ed months ago and only played the deleted scenes and, bot matches. I played through the actual campaign a couple days ago and beat the game last night. It was a fun freaking game and the Rift-Worm level is my new favorite level of all time in any game ever. I mean it's a combination level/ boss fight! I kinda hate that the Locust Queen runs away and is human...I also thought Skourge was a push-over. He didn't even really die. I guess the third game will be the one where you kill the two of them.

As for the original, I played through and beat the single player. I didn't really play the online modes for either but I still thought both games were pretty sweet and I loved how you have local co-op even though I couldn't find anybody to play with.

Anyway, I really want Gears 3 now that I've gone through 2 but I don't see how they can top the Rift-worm level. I'm going to end up waiting until there's a game of the year edition. I got Gears 1 as a birthday present and, Gears 2 for $20. I don't plan on paying $60 for the third one either but I still want it.

Akarezik

Apr 3, 2011
Zantos said:
Definitely getting it. I really want to see how the story finishes, new horde mode looks fantastic and the MP beta was the most fun I'd had online in ages.

TheSapphireKnight said:
I can happily confirm that there have been rebalances, and you can now play the MP effectively with other weapons. I got pretty good with a retro lancer.
I can vouch for those rebalances. My brother played the beta, and ended up in the top 2% of players pointwise, so I have a fair amount of matches to draw conclusions from. There was almost no latency for bullets (as far as I could tell), and with the less health/more mobility of this iteration, weapons like lancers are actually viable to use at a range, making shotguns more of an ambush weapon than for a straight-up assault like in the previous two.

OdyCay

Aug 29, 2010
one i saw the concept of the mec suit things/ power aromour i thought thats sh*t fudge this

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
You better believe it.
I played the beta and the MP in Gears 3 is a hell of a lot better than Gears 2.
Oh and also, the Scorcher execution is my favorite...I loved jamming that gun into my enemies guts a pulling the trigger.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Yes. But he story or game play isn't why I'm buying it.

I want to see how C. Carmine dies.....

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I'm gonna say "Hellz Yeah!"...

I really enjoyed the other games and you get a gun with a goddamned chainsaw attached to it... the only thing missing from that is Ponies and Fire!

...if there is a sequence where you ride Rainbow Dash into battle with the Lambent horde using your newly upgraded incendiary lancer, then I will literally shit myself...

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Tonythion said:
I want to see how C. Carmine dies.....
...and that... Isn't his name "Clayton"?

So I'm guess that I'm not the only person that noticed that the Carmines follow the alphabet through the games, right?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Not gonna buy it. The gameplay is actually good (at least from the 2-3 hours I played of the first one). But the story and characters are bland. The biggest killer of the game for me, however, is how it looks. It's a pretty damn awful art design.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
ssgt splatter said:
You better believe it.
I played the beta and the MP in Gears 3 is a hell of a lot better than Gears 2.
Oh and also, the Scorcher execution is my favorite...I loved jamming that gun into my enemies guts a pulling the trigger.
Yeah I agree on the multiplayer part.

Massive improvement from the best the older gears ever were. I'd buy it day one if the multiplayer came out exactly as it was in beta form it was so well done.

Plus horde's improved, beast mode seems interesting, and the campaign is great so long as you don't take it seriously. Baird and Cole are a great comic relief pair.