Poll: Gears of War 3 and you.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
No, I don't have a 360 and I wouldn't if I did 'cause I played some at a friends house and I did like it much. I just couldn't get into it despite it looking awesome.

catman61

Aug 13, 2011
i just want to see all the boss's with my bud's on online the killing them so yay i am getting the game plus there is base's now yiypy the game is going to be so fun but i will how to save some cash so i will propably get it 2-3 weeks after it comes out

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Tonythion said:
I want to see how C. Carmine dies.....
...and that... Isn't his name "Clayton"?

So I'm guess that I'm not the only person that noticed that the Carmines follow the alphabet through the games, right?
Is it? I haven't been up to date on anything Gears. I just know there will be Carmines. So Clayton Carmine ey?

Yeah so far they've been in order
Anthony Carmine: Snipe to the head
Benjamine Carmine: Digested in a giant worm (really effed up mind you)
Clayton Carmine: HOW WILL HE DIE DUN DUUUN DUUUN

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Tonythion said:
Is it? I haven't been up to date on anything Gears. I just know there will be Carmines. So Clayton Carmine ey?

Yeah so far they've been in order
Anthony Carmine: Snipe to the head
Benjamine Carmine: Digested in a giant worm (really effed up mind you)
Clayton Carmine: HOW WILL HE DIE DUN DUUUN DUUUN
Pretty sure it mentioned "Clayton" in the book...

...yes, I read the books...

...but personally, i think their gonna let C live, just to fuck with everybody!

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Pretty sure it mentioned "Clayton" in the book...

...yes, I read the books...

...but personally, i think their gonna let C live, just to fuck with everybody!
There are books? BOOKS?! More video game novels to add to my collection now.

Well I really hope so but only if he has a personality like the other Carmines. That's what I liked about them they were funny in the green horned way not at all badass.

Hopefully he can be fun and badass.

If Epic Games does fuck with our minds I will love them forever.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Was looking at the poll. "Are you going to?"

.....yes! I am so going to!

As for Gears 3, it looks pretty cool. But I need to get a new 360 (Old one from 07 finally died!), and I plan on getting the Gears 360. Same price in NZ as a normal 360 which comes with Kinect. Only the Gears ones comes with two Gears controllers instead of one black one. I have no problem with this.

Der_Bradly

Jul 6, 2011
Pre-ordered, so yeah. I really do believe that is should get more hype than it has now, because its a wonderful game series and the new Beast mode and Horde 2.0 look absolutely amazing. Seriously, Havent you ever wondered what it would be like to play as a Ticker??

xorinite

Nov 19, 2010
I won't. I played the original on PC in 2007 and thought it was tedious and repetitive, on par with Kane and Lynch 2.

As far as a I recall the plot was we have to find steroids which are underground with some mole people, thus we have to plant bombs under the earth and blow them up. So we have to go find some map somewhere, but it turns out we had it all along.

I was utterly flabberghasted at how everyone else seemed to have played some kind of god of a game which was flawless in every regard. Whereas I played an utterly generic dull third person cover based shooting gallery. It weren't no Deus Ex thats for sure.

I don't care if I am in a minority here, I think it sucked and since I have seen nothing to address what I hated about the original in the second or the third I won't be touching it.

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
Got it on preorder baby, main reason is because Gears is fucking Amazing.
Second reason is because me and my mate are going to have a hilarious time bayonet charging people together.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I really loved the co-op so I am always going to buy it due to that and the fact that there are many violente deaths.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Tonythion said:

Well I really hope so but only if he has a personality like the other Carmines. That's what I liked about them they were funny in the green horned way not at all badass.
the books are by "Karen Traviss"... Pretty sure theres only 4 ("Anvil Gate", "Aspho Fields", "Jacinto's Remnants" and "Coalition's End") and they do a lot of backstory and explaining... Really makes you appreciate the characters a lot more!

Like for instance, I never knew that Hoffman was the one that activated the Hammer of Dawn strikes across Sera, even though he knew that his wife would die in them

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Day 1 purchase. Why? All of the previous games have had AAA production value and have impressed me tremendously. And I REALLY enjoyed GoW2's multiplayer, as well as 3's beta.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Day 1 baby

I will enjoy it until the day I die. I promise to take it to the afterlife if they make a Ben Carmine character model playable for online.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Tonythion said:

the books are by "Karen Traviss"... Pretty sure theres only 4 ("Anvil Gate", "Aspho Fields", "Jacinto's Remnants" and "Coalition's End") and they do a lot of backstory and explaining... Really makes you appreciate the characters a lot more!

Like for instance, I never knew that Hoffman was the one that activated the Hammer of Dawn strikes across Sera, even though he knew that his wife would die in them
Ahh thanks a ton for that. Saves me time searching for them. Off to the book store! Thanks mate.

I read the spoiler and screamed out "why did you tell me!?" even though you put up the spoiler warning lol.

pandasaw

Mar 18, 2011
Gears is one of my favorite game series of this console generation. I will be getting it at the midnight release.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I love the Gears series, own 1 & 2 for the 360 and own 1 for the PC. Sadly I've grown weary of Epic / CliffyB's crap on how they treat PC gamers. And a bit enraged on their recent announcement that they openly admit that they are planning to commit consumer fraud and are actually touting it as if they are proud. That honestly sickened me to a point where I cancelled my pre-order.
If I do break and decide that I really want to play the game, I'm definitely buying it used so Epic doesn't see a damn penny from me.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Hoffman did tell his wife not to leave the city and it was Prescott who pressed the button and had the hammer of dawn fired on the cities controlled by the locust
...but Hoffman had one of the 3 keys and the choice to not fire the Hammer, they couldn't have done it without him...

I would have gone deeper into explanation but it would have revealed to many spoilers...