Poll: Going Akimbo

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Akimbo is fine as long as they patch the range on the 1887s. Being Shotgunned from 75 feet away is pretty stupid.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
Just in case this hasn't been said loudly enough: DUAL WIELDING WORKS REALLY BLOODY FUCKING WELL IN REAL LIFE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!! Sorry for the yelling, but it really sounds a lot quieter than my pair of .38's as I gun you down.

Having said that: In games, dual wielding machine guns really is just pure retarded fun. What we need is a game based on realism ala Bushido Blade that explores the challenges of akimbo pistols.

Red|Zombie

Nov 8, 2009
Since the only game I play with Akimbo weapons is MW2, I'll talk about my experiences with it there. I love Akimbo weapons, but they're only good for certain maps. As soon as the person gets more then 10 or 20 meters away, you've got no hope in hell of hitting them more than two or three times out of the 100 rounds you just fired in their direction with Akimbo P90. I think it balances itself quite well when you consider the fact that up close it's absolutely deadly, but as soon as you're at a range, you can pick off Akimbo weilders without worrying about getting hurt.

I usually stick with the Akimbo UMP45 though, I 'hate' P90's. Sigh, if only they put the MP7 in MW2.

I mean the whole fair/unfair thing gets really tiring. Sure, the guy you're trying to kill wipes the floor with you with Akimbo shotguns. But that guy is completely useless at any sort of range, where you can pick him off in one or two shots and M203 the fucker. It all works out. Play what you have the most fun with and enjoy the GAME.

wax88

Sep 10, 2009
it's ok, adds a level of strategy-it's a trade off-less accuracy for more firepower at close range. so basically, know the strengths of your loadout and adjust your strategy accordingly. for example, try to go for paths which allow you to maximise your loadout's inherent strengths and minimise those which amplify your loadout's weakness.

oh and myself-i never appreciated the akimbo weapons-too inaccurate for my liking.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
BladeOfAkriloth said:
You my good friend would NOT like the multiplayer aspect of call of juarez 2.......... you'd go mad at the hombre....
Don't even mention that bastard's name. As fun as the multiplayer was...that damn mexican ruined it all.

As for the topic, dual-wielding magnums is incredibly badass. You can't help but feel awesome as you clear rooms with them.

mhitman

Sep 10, 2008
Atvomat_Nikonov said:
mhitman said:
I gotta say that dual wielding shotguns in MW2 is extremely cheap and really annoying to be at the wrong end of. What makes it worse is that its usually in the hands of a 10 year old
I actually find that offensive. I rock Akimbo 1887's because they are fantastic weapons, and I enjoy going up against them. It gives me a challenge, try and kill them before they get within range. Once you unlock them, you'll stop finding them annoying.

Anyway, onto the topic question. I quite enjoy akimbo weapons. With MW2 I used to make akimbo pistol classes and run around for entire matches with Akimbo USP .45's or .44 magnums. They really do add some fun to the game. The Akimbo SMG's are all retarded bar the Mini-Uzi, which is more sensible as it's rather tiny. Akimbo Pistols and Machine Pistols are fair game, with the akimbo shotguns being unrealistic but really really good.
Well of course when I unlock them I'll stop finding them annoying. Thats because I'll be using them :p

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
Well It's cool but SO unrealistic. I hated it in MW:2 it really didn't fit.

It really depends on what type of game it is. I don't mind it in Left 4 Dead because that's the kind of action hero, Hollywood, shoot'em'up game. Whereas MW:2 was meant to be REALISTIC!

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
I don't care for akimbo. I'd rather be accurate with one gun than inaccurate with two.
I love the heavy irony of that with your DP.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Sky Captanio said:
Whereas MW:2 was meant to be REALISTIC!
WHAT.

No it wasn't, it's an arcade game where all the combat is carried out 3 foot in front of you, with regenerating health and such.

Realistic games are like ARMA, actual military simulators.

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
Its fun, but really cheap (especially shotguns).
However, more unrealistic facts about MW2 piss me off than dual wielding, since they're killable.

What I'd really like to know is just how the fuck FLARES mess up STINGERS. Heat Signitures =/= Radar!
Seriously! I should be able to down Chopper Gunners and AC130s if I have a radar guided missile.
Maybe they should have put chaff in the game instead of flares, because at least then I would understand.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
WrongSprite said:
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
I don't care for akimbo. I'd rather be accurate with one gun than inaccurate with two.
I love the heavy irony of that with your DP.
Huh? What are you talking abo-

Oh. Heh, well, funny story about that, you see....

*throws down a smoke grenade and flees*

Kandon Arc

Mar 10, 2009
Never really been an issue for me in MW2. Never used it (love my red dot sight) and never been killed by someone because they were using akimbo. Seems like a bit of a noob tactic to me (based on the players I've seen use it) but I'm sure it can be used skillfully.