Poll: Guys playing girl characters

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
I usually only choose to play as a girl when playing single-player though. For some reason it just seems comforting to see the smoke clear only to see a girl with green eyes walk out of it unscathed.

savandicus

Jun 5, 2008
I generally alternate the sex of my characters so my first character is always male, next female next male. Which usually ends up in all my characters being females oddly, taking wow as an example the 3 characters i actually play more than once a year are all female for some odd reason even though i alternated with each new class i made.

JokerGrin

Jan 11, 2009
Hunde Des Krieg said:
Whenever I play I generally like my character to be an idealized version of myself.
Same. I've never chosen to be female in any game I've ever played.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
My characters are never meant to be representations of me, hence the 'characters' bit. Ill play a girl if i feel like it but if it was an MMO i'd be more likely to play guy more often than not to cut confusion.

Firest0rm

Jan 11, 2009
To be entirely honest here,
Yes. I do sometimes switch genders online.
But, I always try to be a male, resembling myself, but in games where if you make a male character of a certain race (i.e. Blood elves in WoW or high elves in EQ) you turn out looking as if you were a male pop star, when trying to make a character as serious as possible. This is when I switch genders. Or maybe when the class im looking to play is only playable if you are female. The fact that people look for a date online is also very funny, even if you never actually say you are a girl in real life they give you free stuff in hopes that you are.

(sorry for rambling on about this post)

oni565

Jan 9, 2009
Used to when i was really young but I prefer to stick to my gender. Now i get creeped out when my friends are playing girl characters.

moderndayvampire

Apr 7, 2008
it might just be my servr (on wow) but most of the time in groups when the healer is a male toon the healing isnt as good or consistant but when the healer is a female avatar the healing is usualy more consistant and i die less which is always good

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
though i don't play games online, if there is a custom character section i usually go for male but i occasionally have female ones

Haru_Elric

Jan 12, 2009
I tend to stay male online, cause if I wanted to imagine I had tits I'd be jumping on the sofa with socks in my t-shirt singing pop music...

Or as I call it, "Drunken Monday"

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Haru_Elric said:
I tend to stay male online, cause if I wanted to imagine I had tits I'd be jumping on the sofa with socks in my t-shirt singing pop music...

And hung... Tuesdays...

Hung-over that is..

/terrible joke

Apocalypse Tank

Aug 31, 2008
Whenever I get the chance really, I'd instantly make her teh hottest around with my personal tastes.

interesting if not arousing. Time past faster when you are constantly looking at a feminine character.

Haru_Elric

Jan 12, 2009
Bulletinmybrain said:
Haru_Elric said:

And hung... Tuesdays...

Hung-over that is..

/terrible joke
That's not a terrible joke. A terrible joke is "A man walks into a bar...Ow" Or "Why did the skeleton miss the party? Cause He had no "body" to go with" (Though that is quite hilarious)

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
I've done it in the past, I've noticed a big difference in attitudes if you play a female toon over a male toon regardless of gender.

Grimm91

Jan 8, 2009
I think its a bit weird to be a girl online. If I ever do I would feel like a transvestite.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
Hunde Des Krieg said:
Whenever I play I generally like my character to be an idealized version of myself.
Seconded... I tend to base a character on myself, only without the lack of excerise and maybe a haircut xD

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
i have a theory that in WoW, every race was designed with one gender in mind, and so the other gender ends up looking goofy.

races with goofy female models: orcs, trolls, tauren, dwarves
races with goofy male models: nelfs, belfs, most humans and draenei

gnomes and undead look goofy regardless of gender and I could never play as either. as someone said earlier, male humans and draenei are super-buff and look horrible as casters, and in the case of humans, most of the hairstyles make you look like a woman anyway.

i have another theory that female elves do flips/spins more often when you jump.

so yeah, that's why i played the genders i did in WoW. or maybe i just like boobs and am trying to justify it :/

ContemporaryStudent

Jan 8, 2009
Only game where it matters what gender I am online is WoW - I have a weird system. If I'm a caster (Mage/Warlock/Priest) then I'm female. If I'm Melee (My Paladin) then I'm Male.

Lazzi

Apr 12, 2008
For me its all about the characters expressions, see which ones have better emotes and if there no real differnce then ill choose a male avatar. How ever if the female has clearly better/more expressive movements ill choose the female.

But every oen ahs there own reason. I really dotn give a damn my self.