Poll: Guys playing girl characters

creaney

Dec 12, 2008
My characters gender are pretty evenly split. When it comes down to it I'm too much of a munchkin to care.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
I don't see why not. *grins* besides if I'm gonna be looking at a characters *** for hours on end, it might as well be a nice one ^_^

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Not online. Eww.

Then again, on many RPGs I sometimes do become a cyber-transvestite.

Most notably Jade Empire, because Scholar Ling kicked everyone else's asses.

spuddyt

Nov 22, 2008
Playing naked female black woman made for an amusing experience in my 3 month sortie into age of conan... particularly when LFG

Rivana

Mar 26, 2009
I always roll female toons mostly because I don't want to look at male characters 7 hours a day 7 days a week in an MMO. I also tend to think female characters have better casting animations, and high end armor always looks better on a female avatar. For example, the Female Night Elf hunter in wow, is the only character that actually shoots a bow like a normal hunter would.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
I always play as zoey in L4D. There are a number of reasons for this. Mainly because i picked random 6 times in a row and came up as zoey every time. My friend commented on the fact that i kept turning out as zoey and sicne then ive picked her out of preference. People are nicer to zoey for some weird reason and i find her dialogue entertaining.

On MMO's I'm always male. I was going on this aim really: "If i could change anything about me instantly what would i look like?" Makes it far simpler really.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I always play a male character, because playing a female feels wrong, and just "not right".

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
I'm male, and I play male characters more often than not.

The only exception would be my Fallout 3 character, but she feels like a daughter to me.

Deft_trip

Mar 31, 2009
Me personally....no, have tons of Friends that Do.. It always scares me when I do group with one though.. small Girl char... Deep Male Voice... very confusing.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Any time I play as a female character, it's because I Don't want to look at man-ass.

Plus, it's not like it changes gameplay in any way. Ok, maybe in Elder Scrolls IV, but even so. If anything, it's just an asthetic change.

Renikor

Mar 23, 2009
The few times i make females characters is because usually:

A: They have better spell/attack motions.

B: If i sit at my computer all day, I'd rather look at a chick than... that.

C: Because I get tired of playing a male.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Hunde Des Krieg said:
Whenever I play I generally like my character to be an idealized version of myself.
i concour. i only play as a guy when all the girls look like guys....but usually i do female character....sexier than me of course.

Lord Kofun

Mar 18, 2009
I have a few times, but usually for the reason of opening up the alternate playing options that only the opposite sex provides. As in:

Mass Effect, Fable, KotOR I&II, where having a pair of breasts affects the events slightly.

I concede, I have played as a girl just once for the hell of it. But what can I say, staring at a girl's backside for forty hours is far preferable over staring at a guy's.

Every other instance, I have played as the closest representation of how I would look in a video game (pale-ish, tall, and with a hat that looks like Yahtzee's).

Bonde

Apr 9, 2009
To answer the poll, no I don't ever choose a girl as a character, but some of my friends do, and I think it's mostly because of varity they do it. I always like my charecters a bit like myself, and prefer a smooth talking, slow walking, melee brawler over anything else, so I have never had the need to change gender to get to play a certain class. I am actually quite surprised of how many guys that play as female characters(I don't think that it is too much the other way around).

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Tbh, sometimes a female avatar just suits the characther I'm creating better.
I WoW for instance. the dranei males are just, well.. stupid.
I wanted a shaman, I play alliance, so it had to be a female...
I just can't stand them damn dranei males...