Poll: Harry Potter, "You'll be missed?" or "Good Riddance"

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Eh, neither, at this point. I loved it when I was younger, but I grew out of it when I was about fifteen or so. Last book I read was the fifth one, last movie I saw was the third. So yeah, I think Harry Potter was a great thing for the people who liked it, but I never became a hardcore fan.

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
To me the movies are like an added bonus. The franchise ended for me a long time ago when I finished the book.

prince_xedar

Aug 25, 2010
if you had asked me this after 4 i would have said missed, but now Good Riddance. 5, 6 and 7.1 were terrible, and 7.2 was slightly better. Yates is a terrible Director, why am i the only one who sees this

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
I missed the franchise at the 5th book when I got immersed in it, just to get extremely pissed off at points.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's had its ups and downs, and I'm happy to see it end. Not that I didn't like it, but more of a nice for it to end well kind of thing. I'll probably rewatch it and like it a whole lot more one day, but for now it was only okay.

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
ever since seeing Avatar the last airbender(The cartoon not the racist movie) tackling the same subject much better,Harry Potter became complete rubbish for me and I haven't seen the last few movies.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
SvenBTB said:
The Stonker said:
SvenBTB said:
The Stonker said:
SvenBTB said:
The Stonker said:
One question.
snip .
snip
Also, J.K. Rowling is a talentless hack who even quit her job just to write her goddamn books.
And that the only thing that she really does is mix school with magic. Which is like clashing the Breakfast club with Gandalf.
Doesn't quitting her day job to write kind of make her, you know, a writer? I can guarantee you that Stephen King doesn't have a day job on top of writing. How does that prove a thing? As far as the talent thing goes, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. And since WHEN is mixing two things together such a horrible thing? There have been countless fantastic books/films/albums/games/ect that result from that. Complaining about her mixing two things together is just petty. If you have a legitimate point to make besides simply "I don't like her/HP" and want to use examples to support that, that's fine, but don't just say random things and hope it makes you look smart.

Ugh... it's terrible that peoples troll detection is wavering.. What a shame.
So me taking you for your word on a forum that doesn't allow trolling, when I've been warned for trolling on said forum for doing even less than your "troll" attempt (which I'm calling BS on btw), in a thread that isn't a "Everyone's being goofy haha" thread, is somehow my fault? I'll just remember to never take anything you say at face value again. So much sense has been made today. *rolls eyes*
But I made that comment yesterday!

Leather_Raven

Jun 28, 2009
Catie Caraco said:
The Stonker said:
There will never be another Pratchett book. He needs a home health aid to remind him to put on his socks, among other things. He still has ideas but doesn't have the capacity to put them down. Perhaps his daughter Rhianna will pick up where he left off. She has some of his talent, she wrote the plot for Overlord the video game and its sequel, and you can see how she learned from her father.
I don't normally post on this kind of thing, and I don't know where you're getting your information from. I appreciate your enthusiasm and concern, Catie, but I can categorically tell you that my father is most certainly still writing, mainly via voice recognition software. The 'home health aid to remind him to put his socks on' part isn't true either. He will keep writing as long as humanly possible. Believe me, he'll only give up on writing the same way Charlton Heston will give up his shotgun.

Rhianna