Poll: Harry Potter, "You'll be missed?" or "Good Riddance"

Exmigrant

May 19, 2010
I haven't seen the 7th movie(part 1 or 2) nor have I had the urge to read the book. I'm finding that my friends are a little upset, kind of like when your favorite show enters its final season.

So my question to you fellow escapists is this, "Will you miss the franchise?" if so what about it? Also, do you feel that the last book was a cop out to please the masses?

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Kinda. On one side it'll be weird not hearing or seeing a trailer for a new Harry Potter but on the other side you see what they've done and know they could have done better with somethings. But all in all I am debating still.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
The Movie's ran their course and while i have enjoyed them, I'm glad they are stopping here. Best to leave it strong then to wear it down to a watered down franchise on it's last legs. It shall be missed -.-

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
I lost interest after the first 2 movies. I guess the real thrill with Harry Potter was discovering the world and the magic. Once that was done, there was nothing left for me.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I hope it'll be missed.

Missing it enough that Rowling decides to pump out more...ugh.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Eh, the series has been over for four years now. A bit late to get sad about it ending, from my point of view.

the_hoffs_ego

Oct 11, 2010
I just read all the books and watched the movies in the last 6 months, so it'll definitely be missed. I wish there was more, but I realize that it's best kept the way it is and not milked to death.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
sravankb said:
Neither. For me, it will be cherished because it was a great series and most of all - it ended and wasn't milked to death.

P.S. I didn't want to choose "Missed", because that might imply that I want to see more of it.
Pretty much this. I grew up with the books and the movies, and am quite happy to say that I didn't see them overdone, or shoved down our throats. [sub]Except maybe on ABC Family, but that's a different story...[/sub]

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
"The book that got kids reading again" That no one has read since the movies came out.

Also book 5 onward sucked. A lot.

And Dumbledore is gay? Really?

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I missed it when the book got released in 2007. Since then I've moved on. Of course, with the last Inheritance book coming out soon I'll shortly be sad about that ending....
But yeah, I couldn't give a shit about the movies.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I'll admit I'm pretty sad about it. I grew up reading the Harry Potter books pretty much as soon as the first one came out. Makes me sad knowing that I won't ever be excited for the next Harry Potter book or movie. I'm not some crazy fan that thinks their life is over though, I have my other passions and you know a life.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
I never really got into the movies, because I'd already read the books and I figured that it wouldn't add much. However, I have since seen all but the last of them, and I think that for the most part they were well done. I really liked the casting and how they showed the magical world. There were some weak moments, most notably the entirety of movies 5 and 6, but so did the books. A friend practically had to drag me to the cinema for part 7 part 1 after that, and I thought it was awesome. And now I'm really psyched for the last part.

I wouldn't say that I'll miss HP, because I have other things to worry about, and it's good when things end on a high note. But it's definitely not "good riddance".

Ryu890

May 28, 2011
It was really the one series that me, my parents, and my grandparents all cared about. So, yeah. I guess I'll kind of miss it. But its not like the series is going anywhere. (Heck, they're still going to wind up making video games from now till a few years from now.)

And lets not forget the fanfics. Just like Pac Man is still among us, Harry won't be gone for a good long while.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009

I never got into the books, and only loosely followed the films. The franchise used to annoy me when i was younger, but now i am fairly indifferent.