Poll: Has a game made you cry?

Jan 1, 2013
Unfortuanately, not lately.
I cried when I was playing through Final Fantasy VII for the first time. I'm sure there were other times, but I don't remember.

Tuxedoman

Apr 16, 2009
Mass Effect 3 is a common theme here, but I have something else that got to me more.

Dark Souls; re-encountering Sif.

It may be because I'm a dog lover and whatnot, but holy shit that entire scene was one of the saddest things i've ever seen.
Especially when he's wounded, and keeps on falling over while trying to protect his masters grave.
I swear to god, that is Seymour 2.0

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Technically yes, but that's only from laughter when the game(usually in combination with one or more of my friends) does something ridiculously funny. I don't think I've ever cried from sadness because of a game.

darksuccubus

Jan 11, 2011
Oh yes, I get very emotional over things. Cried at Silent Hill 2 letter reading scene, Portal 2 ending made me cry not because it was saw but because it was very moving, first Bioshock's ending got me slightly teary-eyed. The recent game that made me cry was Bioshock Infinite. I couldn't stop crying even when the credits started rolling, I cried through almost all of the credits and only walked back to the pc when I saw that there's a bit more to play. And even then I burst into tears, started googling the "Will the circle be unbroken" and cried again. Damn it, Bioshock Infinite, I don't remember a game that made me that sad recently.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
Yopaz said:
Xan Krieger said:
Yopaz said:
Xan Krieger said:
Yopaz said:
Xan Krieger said:
Every Metal Gear Solid game leaves me in tears at some point.

Valkyrie Profile, there's this woman who loves the ocean but her parents died at sea. One day she's down at the ocean and a wave drags her out to sea and she drowns, she had wished to be with her parents and that's how her wish came true.

Final Fantasy X, when Yuna does the sending for the people of Kilika.

Front Mission 3 when your sister sacrifices herself to destroy MIDAS

Fable when I killed my sister to keep the sword, reminded me of my own dead sister and I felt like I had just killed her.
Seriously, use the spoiler tags. You are exposing important plot events here and it's not certain everyone has played the games you are talking about. I have just got Valkyria Chrnocles and now I am going to try to forget what you said about it before I am going to play it. It's a matter of a few extra seconds and you avoid spoiling the games.
I didn't spoil it because the game came out over a decade ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie_Profile
"It was released on December 22, 1999 in Japan and on August 29, 2000 in North America."
That does not mean no-one is going to play it. I played Lufia 2 13 years after it was released for the first time.

If you are going to reveal a major plot event ALWAYS use spoiler tags. Don't care about the age of the game. It should also be noted that you did post Final Fantasy X spoilers, which is spoilers to a game that is being released later this year for those who either missed it the first time around or wants to replay it. So age is no excuse here.
my apologies, I have since edited the post. I thought after 10 years it was okay. I know not to post spoilers for games that came out within like the past 3 years but I thought a decade was fairly safe.
Yeah, it's fair to assume that no-one is going to play a decade old game, especially with console games that you can't actually play on any of the current systems. I apologize if I came across as rude, it's just that there has been so many blatant spoilers without spoiler tags lately.
No offense taken though I did have to look up what Valkyria Chronicles was, I'd only head of that game previously from a Zero Punctuation episode.
"I have just got Valkyria Chrnocles and now I am going to try to forget what you said about it before I am going to play it."
I understand the mistake you made thinking I mentioned that game instead of Valkyrie Profile, don't think the game I said sold all that well but it had a great battle system and I might have to play through it again.
Misread your post there then, Sorry about that.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
Just wondering (and 100% serious) did you actually really care about what people thought or where you just trying to make a thread with a lot of replies because as of posting almost 40% of your votes are for the bullshit not funny joke answer and which makes every other vote completely invalid. Not trying to be a jerk, just putting it into the best words I know how.

boradam

Jan 14, 2010
afroebob said:
Just wondering (and 100% serious) did you actually really care about what people thought or where you just trying to make a thread with a lot of replies because as of posting almost 40% of your votes are for the bullshit not funny joke answer and which makes every other vote completely invalid. Not trying to be a jerk, just putting it into the best words I know how.
I was genuinely curious, I've been reading through everybody's replies and I'm not sure if I'm emotionless or just not as affected by games as some people. I always figured there would be some people who wouldn't give a serious answer, so I added a poll with lol inducing options.

EDIT: I also figured most people voting mantears actually did cry, but weren't very serious about how they said yes.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
MrRaggaedeman said:
putowtin said:
inFAMOUS 2 (Evil Ending)
Totally forgot this one. Not the ending itself but what you had to do in order to achieve it.

Killing Zeke was really hard and I felt like a bastard afterwards
I have completed inFAMOUS 2 over fifty times (I run the wiki so I go back and play a level if I need to write about it) and have only completed the evil storyline once.... it just breaks my heart!

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Requia said:
Mass Effect 3, when I had to deliver the poem a dead Krogan write for his Asari girlfriend.
Actually...a lot of parts of ME3 had me tearing up. The 'Synthesis' ending of the extended cut really got to me and a certain event involving Tali (I nearly restarted the game when that happened). Say what you like about ME3, despite it's flaws I've seldom been that engaged in a game before.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
I've shed tears a few times and most recently while playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

That whole case touched a cord with me and that image in particular causes seepage.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
I don't think I've ever cried during a game, movie, television show, or even book. I don't consider myself a stoic person, but I've yet to be moved to tears by any media.

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
This was the first time I cried because of a game, there have been others but this will always be a very special moment for me.

Id also like to share a fan remix oft he same song , by a person who calls herself erutan, because all of her songs tend to make me a bit weepy.if you like jrpgs I urge you to have a look at her channel(she does tonnes of ff remixes and such), or if you like this song, she is really incredibly talented.

Daft Time

Apr 15, 2013
boradam said:
So, has a game made you cry? And if so, why?
The Walking Dead was the first, and only, game to make me cry. I've been hit hard by a few games - like Red Dead Redemption - but never even close to the point of tears. The Walking Dead made me cry like I had lost a pet, perhaps more so. The nature of the tears changed from time to time; I had tears of joy, tears of immense sadness, tears of pride and so forth. I didn't sleep the night I finished the game, and my thoughts were rarely drifted from the game. It was an incredibly profound experience.

It's worth noting that Video Games and the only medium apart from Music that has made me cry. I never thought I'd be so emotional as a result of a game before playing the Walking Dead.

Jubilant

Mar 10, 2010
Mass Effect 3, Tali calling out for Shepard, begging for him to not leave her all alone; Alternatively, Assassin's Creed 3, watching Connor's last words with his mother as their home and village burns around them. Lay on floor, try not to cry, cry a lot.

P.Tsunami

Feb 21, 2010
Yeah, I cried over Dragon Age.

The scene where Loghain talks to his daughter before getting executed made me bawl. Getting me that sympathetic to the villain is kind of impressive.

"Daughters never grow up, Anora. They remain six years old with pigtails and skinned knees forever."

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Well there was this time I was rushing after a person leaving at the airport, but I collapsed for an heart attack before stopping her.