Poll: Has Naruto gone too far now?

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
wait its still going? what bad guys from the original are still around?

Eh i stopped caring for naruto long ago

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
RichardMNixon said:
Naruto sucks and has always sucked. Read One Piece instead. More content, more humor, less crying; problem solved.
Less crying? Wut? Do you even watch/read One Piece? Every character has cried at least once...

VanityGirl said:
you know what? fuck it, i like it.
i don't care if people think it's lame.
i enjoy it.
i also enjoy bleach, outlaw star and black blood brothers.

the only problem i have with naruto is i feel it has a DBZ complex. it wants to DRAGGGGG some things out (like fights).
All of those are awesome. Black Blood Brothers was just right, which was weird considering it's length.

Neonsilver

Aug 11, 2009
joshthor said:
i hate all anime. its too hyper and it focuses too much on little kids with incredibly odd hair (that must take HOURS and TUBS of hair gel)
There are many different animes.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
When I heard they were only half-way through (when that time was) I flipped. I mean, I'm an old man before the end of the series. And it's pretty obvious it's going to end with Naruto becoming Hokage or dying.

dommyuk

Aug 1, 2008
I never saw the appeal of an adolescent ninja, that thinks orange is a good colour for camouflage. And every thing I saw of it was boring and unimaginative. So I stuck with Full Metal Alchemist (which is as long as an anime should get) and found that every episode was interesting while having little-to-no filler, unlike Naruto and on the same subject Bleach which has more filler than storyline progression.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Unborn023 said:
great point... but fuck at least its better than bleach
fucking DBZ wannabe
Let's not forget that DBZ is just the mutant, horrible offspring of the original Dragon Ball.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
comadorcrack said:
wrecker77 said:
Never liked it. BELEIVE IT!! Beleive what? That you need a new catchfraise!?
Thats the American Anime, and yeah it is a bit gay ¬¬
But I read the Manga. And I still like it I suppose.
Its no Death Note, But it'll do.
Well the only American voiced anime I though was really good was Full metal Alchemist. (I see you share that thought :)

OblivionRegained

Nov 13, 2008
Naruto looks horrible in my sincere opinion, true i have never read/watched it so i cant really comment but i like my anime adult dark and interesting, like Ghost in the Shell etc so yes it has gone too far :p

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
comadorcrack said:
wrecker77 said:
Never liked it. BELEIVE IT!! Beleive what? That you need a new catchfraise!?
Thats the American Anime, and yeah it is a bit gay ¬¬
But I read the Manga. And I still like it I suppose.
Its no Death Note, But it'll do.
well the only American voiced anime I though was really good was Full metal Alchemist. (I see you share that thought :)
Thats True. But I'd also check out Outlaw Star for a good Dubbed Anime.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Chibz said:
Unborn023 said:
great point... but fuck at least its better than bleach
fucking DBZ wannabe
Let's not forget that DBZ is just the mutant, horrible offspring of the original Dragon Ball.
Remember that there was no distinction in the manga, and the only difference is that there was a different name for the new season when they started animating the Freiza arc.

The point is true though. No matter what ideals a shonen manga writer has when he or she starts writing, once it gets fed into the giant shonen manga sausage machine, what comes out the other end is Dragonball.

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:

Oh and OP, One Piece has been going on longer than Naruto, that thing could probably go on for another 9 years and probably not even run out of steam.
It probably will run for another 9 years. About a year ago they reached what is technically the half way point of the journey and then basically had to start over again. But it doesn't get boring.

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
|[ said:
Kaneda1007[]|]Naruto looks horrible in my sincere opinion, true i have never read/watched it so i cant really comment but i like my anime adult dark and interesting, like Ghost in the Shell etc so yes it has gone too far :p
i love ghost in the shell! its so much more mature than Naruto.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
PirateKing said:
ChromeAlchemist said:

Oh and OP, One Piece has been going on longer than Naruto, that thing could probably go on for another 9 years and probably not even run out of steam.
It probably will run for another 9 years. About a year ago they reached what is technically the half way point of the journey and then basically had to start over again. But it doesn't get boring.
The wackiness of it means they could pull anything out of their ass, so long as it's interesting. And it has been, it needed to pick up steam at first, but once it got past ep 50, it was epic.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
I really don't give a shit about it. I just know that it's some kid running around in an orange jumpsuit and a head band that makes him look like he escaped from the short bus.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
letsnoobtehpwns said:
I really don't give a shit about it. I just know that it's some kid running around in an orange jumpsuit and a head band that makes him look like he escaped from the short bus.
My opinion exactly. I tried to like it, I really did, but that show just grinded my gears.

SirMax

Dec 24, 2008
Disliking something because it's popular is as always an annoying thing to do, but Naruto seems to be giving in to fan opinion too much these days. Maybe if the author didn't get to find out what the readers thought, she'd stick to her own plot and the series might be better for it.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Naruto's plot is very weak, even for a shonen manga. All it's good for is the fighting. I used to like it, and I still plan on at least checking out Shippuuden, but as it stands I don't think it deserves all the praise.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
i actually still look forward to new episodes of manga every week i,m deeply intriqued by the main story.

i don,t take much interest in fillers, and basicly fly over them.
although fillers usually have the most epic fights.

like bleach more though(they have sharp thingy's)

PirateKing

Nov 19, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
PirateKing said:
ChromeAlchemist said:

The wackiness of it means they could pull anything out of their ass, so long as it's interesting. And it has been, it needed to pick up steam at first, but once it got past ep 50, it was epic.
Yeah. It can be a little slow in the beginning. It's all worth it for the Grand Line though. Plus, it has enough unfinished plot lines(Void Century, Pluton, Elbaf, Fishman Island) to never get boring. Nothing seems too out of place in that world.
I wonder if the success has anything to do with very few characters getting killed.
Crocodile, Mr. 3, Mr. 2 and Mr. 1 all reappear and agree to help Luffy save Ace.