Poll: Help finalize the list of contenders for the Second Annual Reader's Choice Game of the Year

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
couldn't vote since I haven't played any of those games.. one of the nominees should be Persona 4 Arena Ultimax since it was so much fun and had the best story of any fighting game (after Persona 4 Arena of course)

EsotericEvil

Sep 19, 2012
Wolfenstein: TNO. Extremely well-made FPS from a talented team of people who clearly love what they do, and obviously have a huge amount of respect for the franchise. It has quickly become one of my favorite single-player FPS games, behind the ususal suspects (Bioshock, Half-Life 2, Doom 1 & 2, etc.)

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
This was a really awful year. I'm a little surprised Shadow of Mordor wasn't on here. I haven't played a ton of these, but South Park was the most fun of the ones I did, and it's rare to see a game be funny successfully.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Shovel Knight is the best game in the last 7 years.
It's the only option on that poll that deserves to be mentioned.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
no "child of light"? that is my game of the year. but valiant hearts was also a good game.
well, guess have to go for south park, since it was a lot of fun.

Ekrenz

Oct 24, 2013
Having not played too many games so far this year and not having played or picked up the incoming November titles my list will be short or might not even count cause some games were released between 2013-2014.

The Wolf Among US

The Walking Dead Season 2

Angry Birds: EPIC

South Park: Stick of Truth

Dark Purple Mage

May 21, 2009
I keep killing them, they keep killing me, we all keep coming back and I got to ride a beast. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor makes me smile long after closing a session. Reason enough for me to hope it hits one.
Borderlands 1.5 is fun as heck. and Cl4ptr4p actually works pretty well.
wish Beyond Earth was as engaging as Endless Space.
Evil Within is without evil but still a ride.
Too many good games this year. Shame on those darn publishers making us all poorer.
Oh, and Alien Isolation was a slow but fun ride. sorta like Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean ride with insta-death waiting in hiding.
......since Middle Earth isn't on the list
Jazz Punk
Divinity Original Sin

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
Another vote for The Wolf Among Us. Had a blast playing it, though I must admit I've played very few of the games on this list.

tyriless

Aug 27, 2010
- The Wolf Among Us
- The Waling Dead: Season 2
I am a choose your own adventure/ RPG lover and Telltale continues to push strong narrative in games forward. If I had to pick one I would go with FABLES: TWAU

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
I voted for the Wolf Among Us.

I know I'm a little late here with my question, but I would like to ask DrStrangelove (or anyone with the authority to answer) that if the new Assassin's Creed or Dragon Age ends up being sub-par, would you replace it on the list with whichever game comes in third in this poll? (Wolfenstein or Transistor would be third place as of this writing)

Dr. Escapist

May 13, 2011
I will admit, this was an underwhelming year for gaming. The one game I'd vote for, though it'll probably never be on any of the lists, is Danganronpa 2.

However, if I did vote from this list, I'd pick my 2nd runner up of the year...Stick of Truth.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Svarr said:
Dreamfall Chapters. <3 It's in here, yay!
Have you finished it? How does it compare to The Longest Journey?

If there's one thing I'm certain of from looking at this list, its that I did not play many current games this year. I played Dark Souls 2 and a bit of the Diablo 3 expansion

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
FYI everybody, we're also taking the third place game in this poll and adding it to the competition. Yay for Transistor! Thanks for voting and get ready to make your brackets next week. Woo!

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
Greg Tito said:
FYI everybody, we're also taking the third place game in this poll and adding it to the competition. Yay for Transistor! Thanks for voting and get ready to make your brackets next week. Woo!
I assume that means Unity is getting the boot it so richly deserves? This is why you shouldn't reserve spots for games that aren't out yet, especially when they have a post-release embargo.