Poll: Heterochromia

Hoopybees

Jun 22, 2010
Recently I discovered that there's actually a name for my weird eye colour; central heterochromia, meaning that my iris' are a different colour in the middle than around the edges (in my case amber and grey). I'm aware that this is a fairly common phenomenon but I haven't found any proper statistics yet. I'm interested in the ratio of people with block coloured eyes to two-tone.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I don't have heterochromia, but I have a friend who does, and then her sister has it even more noticeably, apparently.
An interesting little trait. I wouldn't mind it for myself, I suppose, but I'm okay with my current eyes.

Sep 19, 2008
I have something like that in my case its a light brown to a darkish green its funny watching people try to decide which colour is actually my eye colour

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I do have central heterochromia. My eyes are blue around the egdes, then green and then light brown around the center. :)
I didn't know it was a common phenomenon, but I guess that makes sense.

Funny story about that though, I'm from Sweden, and once I said to a girl with really green eyes that "I'm just a boring old swede, tall, blonde and blue eyes" to which she replied, "your eyes arent blue..."
And then she spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out what color they were...

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
My eyes are green around the edges, with an amber/brown star-shape in the middle.

The odd thing is, I had amber eyes to my teenager-years, and then it started retreating towards the center. Maybe eventually I'll have completely green eyes?

Personally, I think my eyes are very pretty.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Grey and blue heterochromia, with small 'bubbles' of colour too.
I do have a friend with one eye brown and the other with the top half brown and the bottom half green, which is quite cool :)

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Lexodus said:
Grey and blue heterochromia, with small 'bubbles' of colour too.
I do have a friend with one eye brown and the other with the top half brown and the bottom half green, which is quite cool :)
Same, except no 'bubbles'. But I shouldn't complain, compliments for my eyes (except for my tatoos and my hair) are the most frequent I get.

Wutaiflea

Mar 17, 2009
My eyes have elements of blue and hazel in them, but the general consensus among everyone who meets me is that my eyes are green, so I wouldn't say I have any form of heterochromia. I think of the flecks of colour like highlights and lowlights :)

Arean

Windwalker of Shaundakul
Apr 24, 2008
I have partial Heterochromia.

I have grey eyes, but the top half of my left Eye is brown. When I was younger it was a small spot, and it's grown as I've gotten older. I think it's a fun little trait.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
My eyes are mostly green. If you look close enough I do have gold and blue specks here and there but not enough to be considered heterochromia.

Edit: Damn ninja's
Wutaiflea said:
My eyes have elements of blue and hazel in them, but the general consensus among everyone who meets me is that my eyes are green, so I wouldn't say I have any form of heterochromia. I think of the flecks of colour like highlights and lowlights :)

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Yes I've got this, my eyes have a narrow ring of exceptionally dark green around the outside of my iris, then a lighter green in the middle, and another narrow ring around the pupil that seems to change between a dull brown and a bright amber depending on the light. It's quite cool when it's a bright amber, I like it.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
my eye's are just every shade of brown, with the darker color on the outside, and lighter on the inside.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I have a large yellow ring around the pupils in my eyes making my blue eyes look green in some lights.

It runs in my family and I suspect its a dominant gene as all my siblings have it whereas only my mother has it.

Edit- this isn't my eye but looks exactly the same

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
No, but my eyes do change color in the sunlight. Usually they're dark green, but when in direct sunlight they turn blue. It shocks most people that notice it and some people ask if I'm wearing special contacts to do it. I never even thought to find out if there was a medical term for it and I don't know anyone else like it. I may have to do some research.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
I have central heterochromia in both eyes, I have gold rings around my pupils with blue iris' and a very dark blue... possibly black... ring outlining the iris'.

I also have it with my hair... how people normally have their hair highlighted blonde happens naturally to me along the underside of my fringe and some strands along the side too. I suppose its fairly interesting, never really paid much attention to it before.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Don't have it, unless darker rings around the iris counts. They seem to change color though. When I was a kid they were clear blue, then they went to blue with a green tone and now they're most of the time just green. Sometimes there's a hint of blue again.
My hair is the same. Every time I've dyed it my real hair colour has changed.

I do have a brown spot in my right eye however. Probably due to my distant indian blood!

BoredPixel

Jan 31, 2011
Nope, just have grey-ish blue eyes. I know a fair amount of people who do have it though, so I suppose its pretty common.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Yeah, didn't realise there was a name for it though;
Scorched_Cascade said:
I have a large yellow ring around the pupils in my eyes making my blue eyes look green in some lights.

It runs in my family and I suspect its a dominant gene as all my siblings have it whereas only my mother has it.

Edit- this isn't my eye but looks exactly the same
My eye looks pretty much the same.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Nope, my eyes are a deep, dark brown all the way through. From a distance it almost looks like they're all black.