Poll: Heterochromia

Dr. Win

Jan 2, 2011
Yeah I do, I never noticed it until now.
My iris is dark blue and light grey.
DanielBrown said:
My hair is the same. Every time I've dyed it my real hair colour has changed.
That's probably the dye, not you. 99% of dyes screw up your natural hair colour. It's pretty much unavoidable when dyeing your hair, which is why I haven't dyed mine.

_Cake_

Apr 5, 2009
Hoopybees said:
Recently I discovered that there's actually a name for my weird eye colour; central heterochromia, meaning that my iris' are a different colour in the middle than around the edges (in my case amber and grey). I'm aware that this is a fairly common phenomenon but I haven't found any proper statistics yet. I'm interested in the ratio of people with block coloured eyes to two-tone.
That's a lot of fancy talk for brown eyes ;)

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I don't know if it's a common trait among all humans, but my eyes' color can change quite dramatically at times. Normally, they are a nice deep blue-ish color; however, there are times when they change towards the lighter of the blue spectrum and, about a half a dozen times that I know of, when they've gone completely gray-ish. I find it both cool and somewhat frightening as I do not know of anyone else that has THAT much of a shift in eye color. I do have a sensitivity to bright light, and my night vision happens quicker than most other people as well. Also, I can see silhouettes of objects in complete darkness, making navigation quite easy for me.

And for those who have an active imagination after reading that - Yes, there have been times when I've worn my sunglasses at night.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
No, I do not have heterochromia. I'm stuck with "grazy green" eyes (that's my color according to a female friend of mine). Not the good kind of crazy either, more the "I cut open my arm to see the bone 'cause I was curious of what it looked like"-crazy (again, her words)... *sigh*

Oh, and btw, I find Complete Heterochromia to be a really attractive trait. If only more women around where I live had it...

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I don't, but my cats do! They have yellow eyes, with a small, green ring around the pupils.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I don't have it myself, but I know at least one guy who has.

For some reason, it seems heterochromia is quite a popular character trait in anime.

Hoopybees

Jun 22, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
I don't know if it's a common trait among all humans, but my eyes' color can change quite dramatically at times. Normally, they are a nice deep blue-ish color; however, there are times when they change towards the lighter of the blue spectrum and, about a half a dozen times that I know of, when they've gone completely gray-ish. I find it both cool and somewhat frightening as I do not know of anyone else that has THAT much of a shift in eye color.
Actually that's pretty common for people with blue/grey eyes, since the human eye has the most difficulty identifying shades of blue and green so even the slightest change in lighting can make it look drastically different.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Nope. Mine are just shit coloured and slightly short sighted.

I guess I wouldn't mind having different coloured eyes.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
I've got partial heterochromia, what do I vote? :p

It's just a chunk of one eye thats gold, looks kinda like this chart, but with blue + gold.

http://www.java2s.com/Code/FlexImages/DoughnutPieChartPieChartWithAHole.PNG

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Hoopybees said:
Actually that's pretty common for people with blue/grey eyes, since the human eye has the most difficulty identifying shades of blue and green so even the slightest change in lighting can make it look drastically different.
Interesting information. Thank ya! BTW, I was once told by my eye doctor that my sensitivity to light is very common amongst people with blue eyes, but she was surprised to know that my night vision was as strong as it is. Would you happen to know anything about this trait? I've always been curious to know if others have that same characteristic as I do...

(Captcha - approach prandati. I have no clue who, or what, prandati is but apparently I must approach it.)

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
None. My eyes are fully dark brown. So dark that peolple sometimes think that I have black eyes.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Dr. Win said:
Yeah I do, I never noticed it until now.
My iris is dark blue and light grey.
DanielBrown said:
My hair is the same. Every time I've dyed it my real hair colour has changed.
That's probably the dye, not you. 99% of dyes screw up your natural hair colour. It's pretty much unavoidable when dyeing your hair, which is why I haven't dyed mine.
Aye, I figured as much. :)
Got a pretty awesome hair color now though, so I won't dye it again anyways!

AwesomeSuperMelon

May 12, 2010
Then inside of my eyes are a darker shade of brown to the rest of it, but im not sure if that counts or not. Have a friend that has this though. His eyes are an odd blue on the youside and get green as you go in. Or was it the other way around?

Hoopybees

Jun 22, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Interesting information. Thank ya! BTW, I was once told by my eye doctor that my sensitivity to light is very common amongst people with blue eyes, but she was surprised to know that my night vision was as strong as it is. Would you happen to know anything about this trait? I've always been curious to know if others have that same characteristic as I do...
I don't know much about that. I have pretty good night vision but I always assumed it's because I spend so much time in darkened rooms. I find I get a lot of headaches in the summer as well when the daylight lasts longer, but when I was younger and spent more time outside I didn't get that, so maybe it's an exposure thing?

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
not central but one of my eyes is bright hazel, the other very dark brown

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Quite difficult to tell on me, very black eyes... sometimes can't tell the difference between the iris and pupil.

Weird thing: what do people think of Vincent Regan's eyes (he played Brad Pitt's number two in Troy and the Captain in 300)? Irish guy, so he has that blue eyes, dark brown hair thingy going, except that his eyes are almost white with a dark rim.