Poll: How bad do you procrastinate.

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
Well I am currently typing this to avoid doing an essay I have had a month to work on and haven't even started and is do today (its almost 1:30 in the morning here).

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I can't tell you how many times I started writing a paper mere hours before I had to turn it in. All I can say is that number is at least 50. I also can't tell you how many of those papers I got a 80 percent on or better. The problem with procrastination and me: I got really fucking good at it.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
I have literally just now finished an assingment that I've had about over a month to do that's due in within the next 5 hours. You tell me.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
As far as school work the day before it's due, every time. But I still got out of college on with Dean's Honors (3.5-3.9 GPA). But yeah I would write 10 page papers (doing research and all) in a single day and still got anywher from B-'s to A+'s.

Charvale

May 17, 2008
Hmm, let's see. I've been meaning to publish an entire series of books for about 10 years now... does that qualify?

Kriptonite

Jul 3, 2009
I have a five-page paper due today and I haven't started it. We have had a month+ to work on it...

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
I have procrastinated to the point where i'm on the border of oblivion. I realize it's a matter of willpower and that i have very very little of. These two things can be rooted to 85-90% of the problems in my life and if anyone know some steps i can take to gain that willpower to stop doing so i would very much appreciate you telling me. I don't want my procrastination to ruin my life and dreams. Help me please T-T

kotorfan04

Aug 7, 2009
I had a rough draft of a paper due Sunday, things kind of got screwed up, I am still waiting to start work on the paper.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I am not too bad when it comes to procrastinating. I usually do stuff 2-3 days before they are due (but not a day before!). Sometimes I am worse, but that is rare. It has worked well so far (not a single failed class yet).

I am actually just now finishing up the draft of a paper that is due on Thursday (it is Tuesday now), if that gives you any idea of my procrastinating habits.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Very very badly. Had a 25 or so page paper due for a Research Methods class, all month to work on it, spend time playing flash games in class everyday. Four days before it is due, work my ass off, pull off a B+ on it. Works for me.

I also do voice acting work and I always end up for most things not recording until the week it is due, which for when you have a movie's worth of lines to record is quite a bit in a week.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
I used to be a terrible procrastinator. I'd wait to start studying for big exams and finishing big papers the night before they were due.

Then, something hit me during the spring semester of my Senior year in high school. I was overcome with so much stress with a semester long book report that I had to finish it. I not only finished the paper two weeks before it was due, but it was also three pages longer than necessary. Since then, I've been getting stuff done many days before it's actually due, and freaking stress about something even if I have a week to finish a simple assignment. Some would call being punctual great, but I call it a curse.

I have finals next week, and I hardly have to study because I've been so studious throughout this semester and I've never been prouder of myself. I'll surely have a 4.0 GPA this semester.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
procrastination has caused some pretty big issues in my life...

I hope I can learn from my mistakes

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Terribly. But in a fucked up way I do better when I procrastinate. I got an honorable mention for the science fair project i did the night before. The one I did a year later with 2 weeks of effort got a C. :|