Poll: How did you find out about the escapist website?

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Penny Arcade occasionally linked to escapist articles back when it had that "illustrated" format, but i never got around to bookmark the url. But then i eventually did it when i was linked to it again and finally took a look around the pages and bookmarked it.

I'm a bit surprised that the majority of people found the site through ZP, given how long it is around...

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
Scotti13 said:
Eagle Est1986 said:
I'm sure there's plenty of those 'cool kids' that joined before the first ZP hit youtube, oh how I envy your coolness! ;)
Oh gosh, how I envy them too. *blushes*
Wow, I've never been a cool kid before. What, do we wear shirts or something?

WlknCntrdiction

May 8, 2008
Ya know, I don't actually remember how I found this place. Seems like I've been here and known you guys forever, like I was here in a previous life, not:D
But honestly I can't remember how I found out about ZP

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
actually, a bit of a story.

A few years ago, back when I was a moderator and news writer for a certain company-specific video game music website, someone posted a link to an article on this site (can't remember which). I found the idea of an E-zine that focused more on gamer culture than on games themselves to be quite nifty, and subscribed.

Fast forward to about eight months ago, a fiasco on the 'fore mentioned site led to half the staff, including myself, leaving. So April comes and I was looking for a new gaming forum to hang around on, and remembered this site. "And that, as they say, is that."

I do miss working on that site though. Maybe I'll start writing some reviews of game soundtracks in the forum review section...

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Same with Lazzi, I happened to catch a preview of Yahtzee's review of Sim City: Societies on X-Play. I didn't start watching them at first because at that point, I thought Yahtzee was just some whiny British blogger who nit-picked his way through every "review." And then I watched some more of his videos, and I realized that the guy has more merit than I originally thought, and he's funny.

Kovash86

May 23, 2008
I discovered ZP through X-play. I saw it one week, then a few weeks later I saw it again and said "I must fine this it is awesome."

orreso

Jun 27, 2008
ZP around when yatzhee did one of his more early episodes (don't really remember which) However I just recently started going to the forums

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Well, this company I worked for decided they wanted to try their hand at something new and put together a website spotlighting "New Games Journalism" style editorials... ;)

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
A mate showed me Zero Punctuation. After watching all the reviews I noticed something interesting in the "Current Topics" thingy, and started lurking the boards, took me an awful long time to actually register D:

Zemalac

Apr 22, 2008
I actually saw the site over the shoulders of my friends as they were checking to see what the new ZP was while they should have been doing something else. I went to the site and thought some of the stuff in the "Current Topics" tab looked a lot more interesting than whatever ZP was. I read a lot of the stuff on the forums and most of the FullyRamblomatic.com site before I bothered watching any Zero Punctuation.

Took me a while to register, though.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Someone on the Sillysoft forums posted a link to Yahtzee's BioShock review (yes, back before half the internet found out about him. I guess that makes me an oldie).

I laughed at ZP, sure enough, but it wasn't until I read a few of the other articles that I thought about signing up.

klc0100

Feb 29, 2008
I found zp on youtube showed it to conqueror Kenny he found the forum an i kinda followed him here

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Found ZP on youtube and eventualy led me here.. Now im kinda over it.

Purps got me to join the forums tho.. Defently not over them =P

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I was walking out of the school computer lab after a class and saw someone showing his friends the ZP 'Heavenly Sword & Other Stuff' and a couple of days later I Googled it to find out about that dealie. And the rest as they say is history.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Some people in my class were laughing madly during work time and was curious to see what was going on. On the Escapist, Heavenly Sword.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I was linked to Yahtzee's console video during a flame war on the Call of Duty 4 website. I showed one of my friends the video and a few days later he informed me that there are more Yahtzee videos and so I came back for my zero punctuation fix. The I started to do other things and eventually joined the forum.

Never looked back.