Poll: How intelligent do you consider yourself

BlueOnBlue

Jan 29, 2010
Hey escapist community, I've been wondering how intelligent do you all consider yourself to be, and please, be honest. Additionally, if you so please, post why you consider yourself to be of that level of intelligence.

I personally believe I'm somewhere inbetween the ehh kinda intelligent and fucking holy shit intelligent. The reason why I believe this is because throughout my time in school I scored many 100%s on the standarized tests we took yearly, read at the level of a high school graduate when I was about 11, and tested at an iq of 134.

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Eh kinda intelligent (for my age). "Kinda intelligent", isn't that sorta like above average?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Slightly above average. I'm not confident enough to say that I'm ultra intelligent, but I do tend to be able to work things out faster than most.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
I'm trivial smart, and historically, but i'm horrible at math.

That's why I voted for Kinda.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Let me quote my pal, the good ole Sokrates for a moment: "ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα hèn oîda hóti oudèn oîda"
What, ancient Greek doesn't show up at your computer and you don't know that language okay so maybe Latin then: "scio me nihil scire or scio me nescire"
No Latin either, well let's have it in English then:

"I know one thing, that I know nothing"

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Well, when I was eleven, I was shown to have the reading age expected from an "ideal" fifteen year old. I've always been somewhat of an intellectual type, and I became psychologically mature faster than other people. I'm not exactly a genius though. Anyone who saw me hit myself in the eye with the cord of my hooded jacket can attest to that. Then there was the time I was sent on a mile and a half orienteering walk with a crudely drawn map, took a wrong turn and did twelve miles, in about three and a half hours. Not bad for speed, but not the smartest thing I ever did. Yeah, hit and miss...

BlueOnBlue

Jan 29, 2010
Dr Jones said:
Eh kinda intelligent (for my age). "Kinda intelligent", isn't that sorta like above average?
Say it's a scale of 1-10 the very last option (duller than staring at a wall for 10 hours) would pretty much be 0 (somehow). The first option would be 1, second option about 2.5, third option 4, 4th option 5, 5th option 6, 6th option 7.5, and 7th option 10. the reason why the intervals get smaller closer to average is too account for the fact that there *should* be a larger amount of people in that area between 4-6 than others so I wanted a more detailed representation.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
If it wasn't for my language skills, I'd be on the low end of average. However, they apparently drag me to just above it.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
People call me a genius. As for what I think... well I don't really know. It's not something I really like to think about too much because I start feeling pretentious. >_<

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Considerably above average, not sure if I qualify for your last, rather... expressive option :p I know most other people who know me well would say I do, but I think I am a little below that.

I get 100s quite often, and excel at all but languages. My English mark is still good (78-82%), but my second language I couldn't give a shit about.
Maths, IT, Geography and Science I crack mid 80s to mid 90s...

I used to play chess at a competitive level and won just over half my games in the B-Section, that I gave up out of boredom though...

doggie135

Feb 2, 2011
I refuse to answer with anything other than "other".
The reason is because it's not intelligent to
A - Answer a poll on intelligence, when the answerer is subjective
B - Answer a poll when the options use terms such as "fucking holy shit intelligent" and "ehh kinda stupid".

Sorry :)

Takuanuva

Jun 12, 2011
Slightly above average... I'm not a genius or anything...
[sub]...though my psychologist claims, that according to the results of the recent test, I have MENSA-level IQ...[/sub]

shootandshiver

Aug 3, 2011
4MB ram, 46GB harddrive, 700TF procsessor

not unlike minecraft, Notch, Linus and Anders (glaring physical health, bulky, lazy, bleary-eyed, core inteligence, practical and 'not good, not bad, just not clan'.

^GLEE^

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
I fluctuate wildly between "pretty dang smart" (on a really good day) to "dumb as a post" (about 1/4 of the time).

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
"Eeeh, kinda intelligent", because it's the only response around average+ that doesn't sound arrogant. Also, there's more leniency in that statement. Also, it's the only option that conveys a "it doesn't really matter" message.