Poll: How intelligent do you consider yourself

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Nah, I am pretty dumb. I have managed to achieve some intelligent things in my life, graduated from a good University, getting a pots-graduate scholarship...however, despite any achievements I gain, the extent of my own stupidity never ceases to amaze me. If fact, I do even believe that my stupid achievements far outweigh, and are more impressive and spectacular than my intelligent ones.

Just the other day, I was writing a report on paper, made a spelling error and tried to correct it by pressing the area repeatedly with my finger as one would with a smart phone....doh!

Annnnd, I microwaved a mars bar once. It was so much fun licking caramel off the microwave door

MasTerHacK

Apr 15, 2009
Yureina said:
People call me a genius. As for what I think... well I don't really know. It's not something I really like to think about too much because I start feeling pretentious. >_<
Some girl from my class said she was scared of me, cause I'm a genius.
That was the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

BlueOnBlue

Jan 29, 2010
Malrock said:
Ehh kind of intelligent.

On the one hand I have an IQ of 168 (I'm in Mensah), but unfortunatly that is offset with a very short attention span. If I am not interested, I will zone out completely.

Fortunately I have found a career I find interesting lol so it's not all bad.
Great job trying to illustrate your intelligence, but, next time, you should check how to spell MENSA.

Les Awesome

Mar 29, 2010
"If I claim to be wise man then that truly means I don't know"
Kansas -carry on my wayward son

Malrock

Dec 18, 2010
jagula_sector said:
Malrock said:
Ehh kind of intelligent.

On the one hand I have an IQ of 168 (I'm in Mensah), but unfortunatly that is offset with a very short attention span. If I am not interested, I will zone out completely.

Fortunately I have found a career I find interesting lol so it's not all bad.
Great job trying to illustrate your intelligence, but, next time, you should check how to spell MENSA.
I also have dyslexia, but that was not OT at the time.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
I should've put 'fucking holy shit intelligent' if I knew everyone was going to put 'ehh kinda intelligent'

I have an IQ of 132, so if the average person has 100, and kinda intelligent is 110-120, then yes I'm in that top tier there. It has trade offs, everyone else seems so fucking stupid, it can get irritating. Ignorance and stupidity really are bliss.

DelphiSantano

Feb 11, 2009
Most people I know consider me to be very intelligent, but I personally don't think I am.
I know I have the capability to do something amazing, but I also rarely feel like I have the incentive to do so.
Plus, I'm easily irritated, by anyone and anything, including myself, which doesn't really help.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I'm pretty book-smart. I did really well in school and everything. I can be kind of awkward socially, though.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
This type of post comes up pretty often but I can say that I am the smartest person in the world. I know not to poke bears with sticks and I did well in school. I even finished two years of a chemical engineering degree and I speak three languages. I am, however; socially awkward and I have a tendency to say the rather blunt things without thinking. I've been working on it.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I'm a giant brain in a jar, so extremly intelligent :p

Seriously I'd probably say I was above average intelligence, although that doesn't stop from occasional lapses into facepalm worthy moments of stupidity. I don't now my IQ so I can't say for sure how intelligent I actually am, though people do tend to comment on my intelligence (with some suprise which worries me a bit). Still if a phd psyhics students tried to explain the ins and outs of the LHC to me, my brain would probably explode.

dorkette1990

Mar 1, 2010
I say slightly above average. Mostly because that's what people tell me. I really think they mistake high intelligence with creativity - solving problems in abstract ways makes people think you're intelligent when really you're just a crazy artist.
But I've been told "just because you're smarter than me, doesn't mean you have to make me feel that way", so I guess I'm an intelligent ass?

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I'm an evil genius so that means, i really don't know what that means.....

And i'm that damn smart because my mommy says so.

merck88

Mar 15, 2011
I'm impressed with the humility in this thread. Last time I saw a flavor of this thread, people rated themselves much higher.

I have been described by several people as 'smart' or 'intelligent' or 'bright' as some of my more defining characteristics but I really don't thing those are the result of some innate ability or attribute. Really, I just have a legitimate curiosity for the world and act upon that curiosity. I have met people who are truly intelligent. It is a great humbling experience when I have a big head and an even bigger learning experience once I get over my pride. For what its worth, I voted average.