Poll: How many bronies watch Zero Punctuation

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I watch ZP but i've never seen...whatever it is that makes people a brownie...Bronie!

SaikyoKid

Sep 1, 2011
So this thread is still on the front page? Pretty obvious its already starting onto the way of flame war way, might be best to let it go quietly before it gets out of hand.

As for the original topic, kinda yes to both. Used to watch both shows, but they really have no relation to one another. But I guess the question works for for a no topic forum.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Lunncal said:
I don't really know how Zero Punctuation is linked, but I found it pretty surprising that this poll indicates more than half of the members of this site are bronies. (53% at time of writing)

I knew there was quite a lot here, but I never figured it would be such a high proportion. Then again, it could just be that a brony is more likely to click on a thread with the word "bronies" in its title, or it could just be an anomaly that will even out in a little while.
The percentage is probably lower, due to fans of MLP being attracted to threads like these like stray dogs to a succulent piece of meat. Non-fans stay away, thereby giving you a false image if the brony percentage.

Anyhow, this thread is really silly. It's like asking "How many bronies wear green socks?". Just... Such a weird question.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
RadioactiveMicrobe said:
Bronies are the most annoying thing on the internet for this reason.

There are lots of other groups on the internet, but it seems that only bronies have to let everyone know at every given opportunity that they are, in fact, a brony.
I agree. Some of the fans just won't fucking shut up, and it's making us all look bad. Trust me when I say that the majority just want to enjoy the show and what comes from it.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Better question: Why does it fucking matter if someone is or is not a Brony? Are people that insecure about the fact they actually LIKE a "Girly" cartoon that they have to remind everyone every where of every hour of every day?

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Pinkamena said:
RadioactiveMicrobe said:

There are lots of other groups on the internet, but it seems that only bronies have to let everyone know at every given opportunity that they are, in fact, a brony.
I agree. Some of the fans just won't fucking shut up, and it's making us all look bad. Trust me when I say that the majority just want to enjoy the show and what comes from it.
Pretty much this, nothing else to say.
OT: This kinda' thing... it's essentially pointless, people get pissy over these threads, just... don't.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Not a fan of bronies, but i do indeed like Yahtzee. I don't think I'm one who is capable of fairly commenting on the Bronie phenomena as i am a fan of the series which is MLP's polar opposite in everyway: Berserk.

Ok yeah, we followers of berserk lack the fanatacism of their fanbase (Or, some of us do anyway...myself NOT included) or even the same numbers. BUT! We Berserk followers and indeed our series posses' something that Bronies don't: Their Weakness and the one thing that can repel any assault instantly from them

Susumu Freakin' Hirasawa as a composer!

Captcha: tea with milk. Why yes, i do indeed feel that would be an appropriate beverage at this moment. Thank you Captcha.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
RadioactiveMicrobe said:

That's quite the universal observation. Too bad it isn't true. After all, I see you have Steam. Gabe Newell is a brony.
Infernai said:
Not a fan of bronies, but i do indeed like Yahtzee. I don't think I'm one who is capable of fairly commenting on the Bronie phenomena as i am a fan of the series which is MLP's polar opposite in everyway: Berserk.
I dunno... They're both violent, have a mix of colors and culture, bunch of characters fighting for the common good, medieval style, and...
Oh, what am I doing...?

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
Innegativeion said:
cswurt said:
Bronies wouldn't exist if normal people didn't think they were weird.
They're just attention starved, so they flaunt this MLP nonsense around everywhere so people notice them.
Why MLP? Cuz everyone else is doin' it and they just wanna be popular.
So to recap, according to your expert opinion, we exist because we are weird (IE, unpopular. You do know that's what weird means in essence, right?)

but we choose MLP specifically because it's popular...

self-defeating argument is self-defeating.

Please at least TRY to make sense if you're going to randomly lash out at select group of the escapist's community.

TheNaut131 said:
How bout no? Really, that's the immediate logic I see behind making this thread. You wanted to make a few friends by feeding off their interest in the show. Nothing wrong with that, persay, it's just not okay in a public thread.
Um, why is that not okay, exactly?

Isn't that the point of a public forum? To, you know, talk about anything. Isn't the point of a website like the escapist to serve as a meeting ground for people of like interests?
Just because something's popular doesn't mean everyone in the world likes it.
Pokemon was popular for years and years. But if you went into a gym proclaiming your undying love for Pikachu, you'd end up with a jockstrap shoved down your throat.

I'm sure in the small make-believe world that exists in your head, what you just said made perfect sense. But someday you're going to have to come out of your shell and join us here in the real world.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
cswurt said:
Pokemon was popular for years and years. But if you went into a gym proclaiming your undying love for Pikachu, you'd end up with a jockstrap shoved down your throat.

I'm sure in the small make-believe world that exists in your head, what you just said made perfect sense. But someday you're going to have to come out of your shell and join us here in the real world.
Maybe in a gym for the criminally insane. Most people I know don't go around shoving jockstraps down people's throats, no matter how annoying they are.

When's the last time someone's ran into a gym yelling that "twilight is best pony" anyway?

Are you using that hypothetical situation as a metaphor for the internet? Because if you are, I would like to remind you that, yes, people have and do go on the internet to proclaim their undying love for pikachu, or gordon freeman, or call of duty, or sephiroth, or whatever. I mean just look at this website. It happens all the time. Your metaphor just doesn't hold water, because no one actually does that.

I'm going to choose to believe that the last paragraph is just to rustle the ol' feathers or make me say something stupid. After all, no one would actually be so presumptuous as to think that saying something doesn't make sense makes it so, especially when no evidence of any kind is presented... would they?

Weird is unpopular, which is the opposite of popular. Your previous statement remains self-defeating, and reliant on motivations you could not possibly know, besides.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
Innegativeion said:
cswurt said:

Maybe in a gym for the criminally insane. Most people I know don't go around shoving jockstraps down people's throats, no matter how annoying they are.

When's the last time someone's ran into a gym yelling that "twilight is best pony" anyway?

Are you using that hypothetical situation as a metaphor for the internet? Because if you are, I would like to remind you that, yes, people have and do go on the internet to proclaim their undying love for pikachu, or gordon freeman, or call of duty, or sephiroth, or whatever. I mean just look at this website. It happens all the time. Your metaphor just doesn't hold water, because no one actually does that.

I'm going to choose to believe that the last paragraph is just to rustle the ol' feathers or make me say something stupid. After all, no one would actually be so presumptuous as to think that saying something doesn't make sense makes it so, especially when no evidence of any kind is presented... would they?

Weird is unpopular, which is the opposite of popular. Your previous statement remains self-defeating, and reliant on motivations you could not possibly know, besides.
As intelligent as I'm sure you'd like to make yourself sound in front of all your imaginary online peers, nothing you have to say really holds any water for me. Because all you're doing is trying to speak in defense of grown men who have taken to fawning over 'My Little Pony', something that was originally marketed to little girls back in the 80's.

I've said my piece. And nothing else should need to be said.
But this is the internet, where people will talk on endlessly without consequence... and I'm sure you would be no exception.
If you'd like to carry this on for your own sake, feel free. Otherwise, I'll just let you get back to your stuffed animal tea party or dollhouse or whatever you're doing behind closed doors that you wouldn't want your father to see.

Regards,
cswurt

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
cswurt said:
Mudslinging. Classy.

Here I am trying to explain why closing yourself off is so pointless, and I'm getting insulted for watching a TV show. Maybe there's a good reason fans of the show get so defensive on forums. Is this how you talk to everyone with tastes that don't align with yours? Speaking of shoving jockstraps down throats, I'm sure if you spoke to anyone in such a way in perso-

this is the internet, where people will talk on endlessly without consequence
Oooooh, never mind I understand now. How silly of me to think you'd try to empathize with unlike opinions.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Lunncal said:
I don't really know how Zero Punctuation is linked, but I found it pretty surprising that this poll indicates more than half of the members of this site are bronies. (53% at time of writing)

I knew there was quite a lot here, but I never figured it would be such a high proportion. Then again, it could just be that a brony is more likely to click on a thread with the word "bronies" in its title, or it could just be an anomaly that will even out in a little while.
Or that it indicates 53% of the community that would click on a thread about bronies are bronies.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Hang on a minute!

Do I have to call myself a Disneyite then if we identify us selves by what cartoon we see?

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Lugbzurg said:
They're both violent
Admittedly both have fighting. BUT! Berserk has people getting eyes jabbed out, brutally tortured and even rape. MLP, while some characters come to blows, well...they don't end up with their heads torn off at the end of it and have their corpses paraded around on the edge of spear tips by a horde of demons charging off to do battle.

And before you ask, yes, that example happens in Berserk.

Lugbzurg said:
have a mix of colors and culture
Ok, not gonna argue with that one too much as Berserks world does look VERY impressive in some parts and the other civilizations shown are rather varied. Although, that said it's still a dark ages medieval world and as such the author goes heavily out of his way to showcase that the world of Berserk is VERY Crappy.

But yeah, it is still kinda colorful and pretty at times so i'll give you that one.

Lugbzurg said:
bunch of characters fighting for the common good
Pfft! Hehehehehe- Oh wait you're serious. In that case let me adjust my tone. *ahem* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, that was a little uncalled for and i apologize but...Guts? Fighting for the common good? OH NO!
Guts has been shown time and again to be under the archtype of Byronic hero: He's out there for his own reasons and his own reasons alone, so if he gets involved with something it's because he has something to gain. And the times he doesn't is because he's been forced into it or really has no choice either way.
Admittedly, Guts has gotten a bit better after the Black Swordsman arc and after he travels to the tower of retribution. But make no mistake: He cares only about himself and the people he loves, and to that the worlds health/greater good will ALWAYS take secondary precedence to him. So, fighting for the greater good is kind of a no-no for Guts.

Lugbzurg said:
medieval style
I'll give you that one. Although, from what i remember, i think the world of MLP is a whee bit more advanced then the Berserk world in most regards. Still, they are both medieval in styling so i'll give you that one.

Alright, that's it for my lesson on why Berserk and My Little Pony are...polar opposites.

Don't...ask me what the other half is, cause i sure as hell don't know.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Eddie the head said:
That's a random question. How many Heroes fans watch Unskippable? Where dose this come form and why would there be a special circumstances if they did?
How many Darkwing Duck fans watch Jimquisition?

THE WORLD MUST KNOW~!

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
RadioactiveMicrobe said:
I don't suppose you've been on the internet much then.
https://twitter.com/#!/MandaSwaggie
His fans are much worse. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this.