Poll: How Many of You Actually Play Sports?

sam_savage1393

Oct 1, 2009
Well I consider myself athletic, though I'm not on any specific team (because I can't due to facial injuries baseball season Freshman year). But I do enjoy playing a sport when it doesn't involve playing very competitive for school pride. Also, I work out almost daily to keep in shape.

Melancholy_Ocelot

Feb 2, 2009
I work out at the gym once or twice a week and a friend of mine is trying to get me into Ultimate Frisbee. I'm interested in the concept but after meeting a few people in the sport I have noooooo interest.

Also, I used to paintball but it got expensive.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
I haven't touched any real sport since middle school and I don't plan on doing so any time soon.

MrNickster

Apr 23, 2010
I used to play soccer and basketball, but ehy quickly got boring. Now I do Taekwondo, Judo and Haidong Gumdo. Being able to kick people, throw and choke people and be badass with a sword is way better than playing any sport with a ball and goals.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I have never held even a remote interest in any kind of sport. I just find them incredibly dull. There are a lot of things I despise about professional sports as well. When football players get paid more for kicking a ball around a stadium than doctors do for saving lives, something is wrong.

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
me and my buddies sometimes get together and play a few games of football(american version)and after a few games it always turns into video games though. nothing like hurting each other in real life before blowing each other up on a game =)

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Play?

I run.

Mostly to get a somewhat decent endurance going.

Last race I did 18,5 KM in 1:39.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Vortigar said:
Play?

I run.

Mostly to get a somewhat decent endurance going.

Last race I did 18,5 KM in 1:39.
Sweet! I run too, but I'm nowhere near tat good. I've been training for two months and can just about do 4.5 miles in 50 mins.

Steven McDriverson

Apr 20, 2010
I managed to get captain of my swim team my senior year of High school, but now I'm just on the intramural Volleyball team, and I train in Jui-Jitsu. Also, I'll be damned if you don't count morning PT as a sport :mad:

Alex The Rat

Jan 8, 2010
Yeah, I grew up playing soccer and tennis, but now it's mostly just tennis since it's way easier to get together with just 1 friend. Also, it's an individual sport in which I have complete control, so that's a + factor compared to team sports.

Edit: Are we counting poker as a sport? I mean, you see it on ESPN...

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Riobux said:
God no. I haven't even got the remotest interest in sports.
Same here. I don't see what the big deal is.

You kick around a ball for fun, I shoot people in a virtual world. Who wins?

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
I currently train ninjutsu, and i used to be the national champion at sports climbing. so yeah.
I spen dway more time on gameing though.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I play a bit of badminton. Just for fun and excersise, I would never play in a league in any sport.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Riobux said:
God no. I haven't even got the remotest interest in sports.
Agreed. Filler text so the mods don't put me on probation again, that really is the most bullshit excuse to put someone on probation for, not typing enough.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I've played Tennis for about 4 years. I quit it 1 year back though because they suddenly increased the price by way too much.