Poll: How many of you play Magic the Gathering?

All Hail Lelouch

Feb 5, 2010
I recently got into Magic the Gathering and started playing at the local card shop. Surprisingly, many of the people there were much older than me.

Which leads me to my question. Do you Play Magic? If so, what kind of deck do you run?

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
I've played it before and got the PS3 game that just came out but I'm not into the current real card playing set of Magic: The Gathering.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
It's kind of funny how people think all card games are for kids, but most people I know who play MTG are past their 20's. I know six other people my age (mid-teens) who actually know how to play it, and only three of them actually have their own cards.

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
No but loads of my friends do, I've tried a few times and it's quite fun but I just don't have the time effort or money to start playing.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I like TCGs in general, but only in digital versions.

But actually buying the cards and shit?

HELL NO.

Not after Pokemon and Yugioh. Hundreds of dollars to build a great deck, with very few chances to use it.

At least digital versions give you all the cards for the price of the game. And let you play AI opponents, too.

Uncreation

Aug 4, 2009
Double A said:
It's kind of funny how people think all card games are for kids, but most people I know who play MTG are past their 20's.
True. Mtg is the first trading card game. Quite a number of people started playing 10-15 years ago, when they were 10-12 years old. Now those people are in their 20's unsurprisingly. I'm 25 and i started playing about 6 years ago. I don't play that much, right now, because the prices for single cards has gone up too much in my opinion. Ok, actually not the prices for cards necessarily, but the prices for the good rares in Standard (or T2 - that's the most often played format), the ones you need for a competitive rare. Now i play mostly Limited from time to time.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
I have deck but I don't really know anyone else that plays, so I never get a chance to use it.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
I would, since I've seen the stereotype of geeky computer nerds proven in my computer science classes; alas, with my other expensive nerd hobbies, I don't really want to throw out more money than I can enjoy doing so.

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
I'm more of a Yu-gi-oh! person really. I'd like to play magic but nowhere in my area that I know of holds any kind of tournaments so I don't have anyone to play with.

dark707

Apr 15, 2009
All 5 colours Sliver deck. I LOVE SLIVERS.

SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER

Hman121

Feb 26, 2009
Just started playing a month ago and bought an Essentials 2011 deck, the one with Overwhelming Stampede green/red one.

Physics Engine

Aug 18, 2010
Not since high school, which was...

Uhh... about 14-15 years ago or something. I think I still have my cards lying around too.

I didn't know this game was still going to be honest. I though Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh had taken over the limelight. Shows what I know :p