Poll: How many of you play Magic the Gathering?

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
Used to play, from about Tempest to Odyssey block. Stopped playing around 11th grade because the habit was getting expensive and I didn't really have time. Also, didn't like the redesign.

Last deck I put together was a squirrel/opposition deck. I had been playing various versions of G/U since Urza's because... well... because I liked the combination. Sometimes it was Blue control with a splash of Green at the end, sometimes half'n'half, especially during Invasion block where it was more viable. Bounce, counter, manipulate, then stomp at the end.

The more I look at what MtG has become, the more convinced I am that I got out at the right time. Bah, nostalgia.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I odnt, but at the college i go to, i've seen people who play take up three large tables that could seat... maybe six max comfortable (theyre circular tables), take up almost all the chairs, and have to be obnoxiously loud. Its actually rather annoying, esepcially since they feel the need to take up the tables, and then give me weird stares when i sit at a table thats between tables taken and refuse to move.

Plus one of them when he does something monumental makes this sound that i can only describe as a Nerd's Orgasming OH! when they climax (yeah, i know, thats a graphic picture).

So because of them, i dont want to even think about playing because i dont wnat to associate with the people that play and be one of them. Besides, I'm a yugioh person at heart, and I'll debate to my last breath that its just as strategic and adult as magic. Anyone who's ever gotten into a chain battle (a good one, I know my friend and I used 100+ card decks and made a 23 card chain, whihc i ended up winning) knows that strategy can be epically huge in that game.

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
dark707 said:
All 5 colours Sliver deck. I LOVE SLIVERS.

SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER
I hate you.

Every time I would play against slivers, I end up having to fight against 80 of the bitches, and they all have trample, protection from green and black, flying, and shroud.

super_mumbles

Sep 24, 2008
I've played a few games against my brother MANY years ago whilst watching a tutorial video (that long ago) featuring people getting shocked if they made a wrong move. Was funny to watch.

I wanted to get properly into it after watching the recent LRR video, however I don't know a single person who plays it.
I could just buy the online version, but I think I'd prefer physical cards.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I play, but I have a very select group of people I play with. The Magic scene is far too competitive and the Meta Game is so easy to duplicate so long as you have a big budget that there is hardly anyone out there who plays for fun. My friends and I play with the intent to create decks that reflect our character and are enjoyable and involve our opponents.
Through this mentality we have proven that you don't need to spend $75 on a Planeswalker to make a deck that is great, and don't need to print out decklists of the internet to make a deck that works and is fun.

Brownie101

Feb 10, 2009
I play it and love it. Though, I more like making the decks, or making a decklist and trying it out. Currently I have an Eldrazi deck that tries to get Emrakul onto the field as quick as possible. Or if that's not an option, spam Eldrazi Spawn with a Broodwarden.

Next up is either a Persist deck with board wipes or a Modular/Proliferation deck.

Mar 30, 2010
I used to have a couple of decks. My starter White/Blue deck which ended up pretty powerful and an experimental Green/Black deck which I never quite got working properly. I eventually lost interest a few years ago but some of my mates still play.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I haven't played Magic: The Gathering in a while. The school doesn't allow us to play that much.

I have a ton of decks, especially Blue ones. These tricks grant me enough creative freedom to screw my opponents over.

Aug 1, 2010
I love Magic, but type 2 pisses me off. My best deck (non-type 2) is sort of a red/black beatdown deck. Lot's of Lieges and Redcaps. My favorite deck is a white/black removal deck that pisses people off to no end as 70% of the deck is JUST removal and all the creatures do something mean. My best type 2 deck, is a mono-black mush pile. The only thing that makes it worth while is Abyssal Persecutors.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I played, but my friends stopped playing, so i had to stop, too.
I really liked the game. I still have a load of cards somewhere, I'd love to blow some dust off of them and play a game or two, or a million.
I had a black deck, but didn't like it that much. I used a red/green one the most.
Ah, fun times. God damn, i want to play that game again...

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
I got into it a few months ago, and then it infected my class.
I prefer to use either my vampire or elf decks, my metalcraft for fun, and a Nicol Bolas planeswalker proxy deck, but I am yet to print it.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
dark707 said:
All 5 colours Sliver deck. I LOVE SLIVERS.

SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER SLIVER
Have you added Sliver Legion to it? Pure, utter, ownage with that card.

I play, right now using a Sliver deck, an Artifact/Plains deck, and my Blue deck. No real theme to the blue one though.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
I dabble. I have a friend who's into it way more than I am. When we go to PAX East we'll probably play a lot of it.

frostyvamp

Servant of the old gods
Nov 18, 2009
yeah, i play..
currently rock a red control standard deck; a white angels/knights standard deck, and 3 highlander decks; Grixis eye of the storm highlander, Nayan highlander and a blue/black/green highlander.
Oh. i also play the MTG roleplaying game from time to time, and draft when i can afford it :3

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Very rarely, I used to play a lot during Ice Age and then again somewhere around Planeshift block. Ive been through two complete card purges. I don't ever want more then 1000 cards in my collection. Last bit of collecting I have done was over the Ravnica and a few post Ravnica sets.

I prefer to play a blue/black bounce/discard deck. Warped Devotion, Recoil, Megrim and Urza's Guilt for multiplayer table wipes. They attack you, you send the creature back to their hand while they discard a card (usually more then one card) taking damage for every Megrim in play. Very weak deck against Tranquility and other enchantment wipes, but strong in hand destruction and creature removal.

The most current deck I have is a Blue/Green complete hybrid deck. Not one card is a non blue/green hybrid (except land of course). Its a pretty effective duel deck just like any other pure hybrid decks. Shorecrasher Mimics FTW.

I'm not an efficient player though, I like to build multiplayer wipeouts but they usually take to long to set up or are so obvious in their design that makes you a target when your opponents even get a wiff of what your deck contains (say like Blanket of Night, Karma, Prot: White combo, your instant target in multiplayer).

The Ambrosian

Paperboy
May 9, 2009
All Hail Lelouch said:
I recently got into Magic the Gathering and started playing at the local card shop. Surprisingly, many of the people there were much older than me.

Which leads me to my question. Do you Play Magic? If so, what kind of deck do you run?
Well I started on sunday :D
I only know one person that plays :(