Poll: How many of you play Magic the Gathering?

NeuroShock

Jul 14, 2009
I just got into Magic a couple of days ago, actually. Bought my very first pre-built deck, a Blue/Black deck with I guess a theme of Proliferation? I'm not sure, i'm still getting into the basics and trying to find someone to play with.

Lots of fun so far though. My friend also bought his first deck and now we're finding other people to play against.

anaphysik

Nov 5, 2008
Yep, but rarely nowadays.
I've only played in casual settings; format and the MtG metagame mean absolutely nothing to me: both Vintage and Standard can find other people to play them.

-U/R counter-burn-esque deck, filled with my Mirage and Tempest block goodies.
-B (suicide-black-esque) deck, which started with Carrion Crawler + Sadistic Glee.
-Ornithopter beatdown. A-yup.
-rare deck, made just to get some use out of the Ravnica rares I had laying around (particularly in green, which I rarely play); frequently hard-casts Darksteel Colossus, despite not being anywhere near a mana-combo deck.

chazweber

Oct 18, 2010
I started playing MTG in Middle school and got back into it in college. I only use cards that are pre -8th edition (when the artwork shifted) because i have found that they feel more balanced and there is a great sense of risk vs. reward. The newer cards seem exceptionally powerful and all to easily make almost perfect combos. I always go for creatures killing the other person rather then milling, burning, or poision counters

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
I just finished putting together my red and green deck yesterday.
still waiting to try it in a real match though