Poll: How many of you play Magic the Gathering?

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
I was exposed to MTG very early on in my life but didn't start regularly playing until recently.

When the game first came out in the early 90s, the older, "cool" kids on my block would come and play it at the picnic table in my backyard. Back then I had no idea what it was, but I thought the monsters "looked cool" (I was about 7).

Then though I'd seen the game often enough over the years, I didn't play it until I was about 19, when a few friends who were into it invited me to join in their games using decks they'd created.

It wasn't until this past summer that a different friend got me to play regularly. I still mostly stick to casual play but I've made about 8 different decks and really enjoy the game. My best deck is mono-black vampires but I'm currently working on a poison deck that I hope will be solid enough for FNM.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Played it once or twice. Bored me and didn't make a lick of sense, so I never enjoyed it and never really started playing it.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
No, but I did play the XBL arcade version with my brother. I was really fun night, but I cant see myself playing it fully.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I haven't played in years, but my White/Red and White/Black "Angel" decks were pretty wicked, as were my friends the en-Kor.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
Play the Xbox version. Love it. Wish the 3rd Expansion would hurry the fuck up and stop shitting on their original fanbase. I feel like one of nintendo's victims now.

theonlywildman

Mar 29, 2009
i play just about every color but my favorite to play with is my mono-green.
I tend to have bad luck with booster packs though i have opened up around 25 packs and got one mythic rare and 4 rare lands, my sister on the other hand opend up 4 and got two mythic rares.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
I used to play Magic. Dont get me wrong: i had a lot of fun with the game for a few years, but its just too damn expensive and too unbalanced.

If you want a cheaper and better option, i´d recommend A Game of Thrones LCG. If you read George R.R. Martin´s books, you´ll enjoy the game even more!

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
*Raises hand enthusiastically*

ME!

I have a number of decks. My main is a White/Green Soldier/Cleric life gain deck, I have a W/G/B Treefolk deck, a 5 color Sliver deck, a B/U Proliferate/Modular/Infect deck and my W/U Merfolk deck just came in the mail.

It's a major pastime for my group of friends, we have some retarded decks.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
No, and for multiple reasons.

No one I know plays it
Don't have money to buy cards
No shops sell cards
Don't want to learn rules
Probably have no time for it
Not much interest

And I hate being the new guy, mostly.

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
I prefer to rebuild my deck about every week to keep things fresh. But recently I've been using a lot of Red and Green Burn/Beatdown.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I used to play, but I stopped during the Lorwyn block for various reasons (Money, interest, and lack of people to play against).

Best decision I've made in awhile. That game ate every single spare dollar I had for several years.

That being said, my favorite deck (which I still have for sentimental value) was my Kaldra deck. It doesn't work EVERY time, but when I do manage to summon Kaldra, it's a freaking sight to behold. More than once I've had people just quit right there, because they knew they couldn't beat it. Good times.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Is the best card ever Enduring Renewal in conjunction with bunch of cards that make an infinite/infinite flying trampling chimera? In other words, yes.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm going to answer with a "kinda" because I have some cards so I could play with my brother. I'm not that great and I prefer Yugioh, there's just no one to play with >_>

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
i'm not great but i can follow along and play a red deck pretty well. i enjoy being the wild card who can't completely take out the best person at the table, but i still take a chunk out :p

sanguinator

Aug 23, 2010
i havent played it in awhile because i cant find anyone else who plays it, but i have a red/green deck, a goblin deck, and a massive white deck.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I play mainly a Bant (Green-White-Blue) deck that I have spent weeeks customising for the perfect balance. Me likey very much.