Poll: I love steak...am I a terrible person

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
You're only a terrible person if you raise a cow, name it something like Steak Dinner, have a personal bond with the cow, and then take personal glee in murdering it.

If you don't do any of those things then you're solid, and besides, steak is delicious.

Mmm...steak...

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
I hated steak when I was a kid, only because my parents would always prepare it well done for me. I would chew on the same piece for several minutes before spitting it out, and saying I wasn't hungry anymore.

When I was 11 or 12, I tried a steak that was cooked rare...

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
MrBenSampson said:
Medium Rare steak is the way to go man. Everything else simply cannot compare, especially well done.

OT: If eating steak is wrong, then I'm a bad person.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Steak, Liara. I think about when there's so much steak. I fucking love steak.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
Yes, yes you are terrible.

The more steak you and other people eat means less steak for me and I loves me some steak.
I voted no but this post changed my mind. OP you are indeed a terrible person for EATING MY STEAK.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
if you happen to be a terrible person it's not because you love steak, so do I what's supposed to be so immoral about steak?

ok in all seriousness yes it is eating dead animals, but the cow is already dead, your not eating it is not going to bring it back, and whether the animal chose to sacrifice itself to become food or not is irrelavent the sacrifice was made, it seems ungrateful to me not to eat steak

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Without the complex proteins of fishies and meats our brains would never have developed, anyone that say meat is evil or your bad person for eating animals, just tell them to study evolution and brain formation and let them see that eating grass and leaves might get you thru the day but you would still be eating lice out of your fur. those complex proteins are amazing things, how how they kick start brain evolution, especially when you eat fishes.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
MrBenSampson said:
I hated steak when I was a kid, only because my parents would always prepare it well done for me. I would chew on the same piece for several minutes before spitting it out, and saying I wasn't hungry anymore.

Ha, the exact same thing happened with me, in my case I was eventually able to get my parents to try it that way, they were horrified with the realization that they ruined years and years of good steaks

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Steak is freaking awesome, so you're not a terrible person for enjoying it. You seem like an alright guy/gal in my books. :D

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Don't be silly! Of course not!

I don't really eat steak. But I'm guessing all the steak I've ever eaten was well done and too tough for me. Also, it was always baked, never grilled. So that probably has something to do with it as well.

One of these days, I'll have to try. Broaden my horizons and all that.