Poll: I regularly stay up past 5 in the morning...

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I hit the hay at about 7 in the morning, but that's cause I work 3rd shift. Soon, I'll become a flex officer, which means I'll pretty much work any time they need me, so goodbye sleeping pattern.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
For a straight year I wouldn't fall asleep until about 7-9 in the morning. That was a good year.

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
I absolutely cannot sleep before midnight then my dumb ass parents take the internet away @ 11 which leaves me bothered & hot till like 6 am

epialesofaergia

Jun 6, 2011
I've just been like that since I was in high school. I'm not really sure why. I've always stayed up until at least midnight for as long as I can remember, but started going to bed around 3ish once I got to high school. For a few weeks, I started going to bed as soon as I got home from school (about 3pm) and would sleep until around 3am, then I would wake up and kind of dick around for about three or four hours and then take another nap about an hour before I left for school. Plus, when I lived in Miami, I would regularly get out of work at about 3:30am, so that didn't do much to help me.

The last time I had a (more) regular sleep schedule was when I was working in NYC. I would wake up at 5 to catch the 5:30 train into the city and transfer to the subway which took me to my job in the Upper West Side, where I would arrive at about 7 am. I would get out at around 10:30 or 11pm (since the restaurant was brand new, it had plenty of hours to give). I would do the same train-hopping process in reverse, which would bring me home usually by around 1am. Then I would get the only sleep I could before doing it all again the next day.

Yea, that's the most regular my sleep has been for almost my entire adult life.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
dex-dex said:
GOOD GOD HOW??? FIVE IN THE MORNING???
I usually go to bed at midnight but then don't fall asleep by one.
Be college student....Drink Mountain Dew, Play LOL, or WoW or....anything on vent...everyone keeps each other awake.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Usually 1 or 2 in the morning. I have work in the morning, so I try to get a decent amount of sleep. On nights where I don't have to work the next day, I go to bed anywhere from 8pm to 5am, it really depends on when I get tired.

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
During the last few months of my doctorate i would hardly sleep. I was awful. now i can't sleep for long periods go to bed at 2ish and get up at 7-8ish. then off to work. :(

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
My sleep pattern is a complete lack thereof.

I go to sleep when I go to sleep. That time usually rotates around the clock. Such as by Monday I may go to sleep at 8pm. By sunday It has gradually changed to 3AM. By next sunday it is noon.

That is of course unless obligations interupt my sleep cycle.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Gudrests said:
dex-dex said:
Be college student....Drink Mountain Dew, Play LOL, or WoW or....anything on vent...everyone keeps each other awake.
but I am a college student and so some times drink mountain dew. but I don't play wow I see now!

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
I'm generally up till 7, 8am. Always intend to go to sleep earlier but with the internet and all its shiny distractions that plan's FUBAR pretty fast.

Used to sleep through the day back in high school and still haven't readjusted my schedule.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
dex-dex said:
Gudrests said:
dex-dex said:
but I am a college student and so some times drink mountain dew. but I don't play wow I see now!
Human interaction can force the brain to stay awake as long as it is interisted until the body forces it to shut down...IE STARCRAFT 2 CAME OUT...and my eyes burned after the 46hr mark no matter if they were open or closed...also burned for a week after....and HIA!!!

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
university ruined my sleep pattern, i don't have any classes before 1pm(and if i can't get around it i stay up later so 7am morning classes are like late night for me). I am just incredibly grumpy the first few hours after getting up and prefer to use those to just hang around my apartment and play games and what not and do productive stuff later. I works kinda well except for exams that are at 9 in the morning, it takes me 2 week to bring my sleeping pattern back in order to attend those.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I go to sleep at 11.30pm everynight, then I am up at 4ish 5ish and 6ish to settle the baby and then up to go to work at 7am. I live on caffine. One day my boy will sleep through the night, one day...

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
I go to sleep usually between 10-12, wake up at 1:30-2:30, stay up(can't go back to sleep) and run at 4, then I relax and try to get tired(which doesn't work), go to sleep again around 9-10:30, and finally wake up around 2.

ManWithHat

Apr 1, 2011
I go to bed sometime after midnight. It varies, but is never "early". Sometimes it's at 1:00; sometimes it not until the sun rises at 6 or 7. My chronic insomnia makes it difficult and has since high school. There will even be days that I wake up at 8:00 am for work or something with only 4 hours of sleep and I still won't go to bed until sunrise.

Smerf

May 4, 2011
i sleep when i want to. lately its been 2-5 but i can switch it to 9pm anytime i want. ive always been able to sleep whenever/wherever i want.