Poll: I think there's something wrong with me.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
To answer the poll: No, I don't

To answer your question: If you grew up with that implanted in your mind, then no it's not weird at all
But try to be more openminded

EDIT: To answer the title: That must be the understatement of the year
God, you're nice, I don't suppose you have one flaw at all?

Like maybe derailing the subject?

azurawolf

Apr 27, 2009
Hey!
I love playing video games.
It is true that girls playing video games is rare but that is what makes it all the better.
What I do hate is when I do play video games with guys is when they think they can tell me what to do because they are a guy.
Makes me angry because my best guy friend did that when we played RE5. I kept shooting him in the game so much because of it. Hehehe...

Silver

Jun 17, 2008
I usually distract my female friends by putting them in front of a computer running mount and blade or similar. Works pretty well.

RagingScottsman

Jul 21, 2009
I have no problem with it. I've found that the talent range of female gamers is just as broad as with males. I found as a raid leader in WoW that often times they would be more effective in certain roles than males in fact. Often they seemed to be more dedicated and focused healers. They were also less concerned about topping the dps charts and more worried about the over all success of the raid. This makes them ideal for support roles where I might need them as dedicated dispellers rather than dps'ers. However generally (GENERALLY, not always) they weren't as good at tanking as males typically were. I think they lacked the machismo unwillingness to fail that a tank has to have. I know this may sound unfair, it was simply what I observed, and as a raid leader observation is crazy important.

ActualOvaltine

Jul 1, 2009
It never bothered me. I always strike up a conversation with most of them. No wait, I do that for anyone. Silly me.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
The only time it pisses me off is the rare occasion when a girl will get all emotional because somebody killed her, but I've seen guys do that too. So, I guess what I'm saying is I hate emotional people.

Steindorh

Sep 18, 2009
I "voted" no.

I don't mind if there's a girl playing with me or not, but I do find myself trying to be more polite and uh... more tame in the way I phrase things. Also have to check myself before saying "dude" to her/them.

theownerer said:
When a girl joins vent I leave because the raid will consist of 20 horny teenage boys with boners just wanting to talk with her all the god damn time.
^
|
Too true, too true.

In regards to the topic title... perhaps you should seek confirmation on that? I did, and am all the happier for it xP

secretsantaone

Mar 9, 2009
I don't honestly care if a girl joins a game.

However if said girl openly advertises the fact she's a girl and expects to be treated differently because of it, there's nothing that makes me rage more.

LimeJester

Mar 16, 2009
When a girl logs onto a server she knows what she is getting into. They aren't ignorant fools who are expecting a skip through the daisy patch (unless they are playing Daisy Patch Skipperoo 3000), so why bother trying to censor the shit talking more than you normally would just cause a girl is there? Treating them any different, bad or good, because they have two X chromosomes and you have an X and a Y is sexist.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
I, when I was younger, felt that way. It was more to do with the fact I couldn't relate to girls so it felt like they were intruding. For clarity, this is something that happened in real life, I really don't play online that often.

It doesn't bother me now, both on and off line, it was just something I matured out of and left behind.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Yes. Not in a negative way of course but like the way you describe. I always "knew" the average girl doesn't play videogames and any that do are brought up in a household that had two or more brothers. But it doesn't bug me anymore now. I still get a little surprised though when a girl joins a room in games like CoD: WaW or Gears 2. I almost said CoD 4 but it's a light M just like Halo 3.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Jedamethis said:
I always find myself subconsciously going easy on them, so yes I suppose
As much as I hate to use the common phrase...this. Plus I'm going round the house of the girl I like tomorrow to play her at Halo, and I'm good at Halo...I have no idea what to do >_<

Project_Omega

Sep 7, 2009
To be honest I never really minded. It only spiced up the game(WoW) but if the girl was playing a male char. and then calling me 'sweetie' (or something) It would be a bit weird.
So girls, if you play, PLAY AS A GIRL!

thatcanadianguy

Feb 15, 2009
not at all. occasionally whenever i discover a female is playing in a game of COD ill think 2 things. either how shes just cleaning house with the loud mouth pricks, and or two how its nice to see everyone, regardles gender enjoying a game. i dont mind playing with the girls. i kick, and get my, ass kicked about the map anyway so whats it matter right?

also, on a side note, some of you girls out there can REALLY talk trash! i just cant help but laugh when some prick starts up, only to be slamed, HARD, by a girl who knows how to do it. way to go girls!

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Shinoki said:
When a girl logs onto a server she knows what she is getting into. They aren't ignorant fools who are expecting a skip through the daisy patch (unless they are playing Daisy Patch Skipperoo 3000), so why bother trying to censor the shit talking more than you normally would just cause a girl is there? Treating them any different, bad or good, because they have two X chromosomes and you have an X and a Y is sexist.
Where can I buy that game? It's "uh" for a prank, yeah a prank!

OT: It depends what game it is. If its Mabinogi I don't care because nearly half the people are girls. If its anything else I'm surprised, but than forget about it in a couple seconds.

leet_chris

Apr 14, 2009
i find anoying when online and a girl actually plays a game and some little retarded 12 year old starts shouting out things