Poll: I think there's something wrong with me.

Cilliandrew

Jul 10, 2009
Eh, the majority of girls i've run into in the gaming world are fishing for the attention they can't get in the real world. I hate to say it, but it's what i've experienced.

I hate when i group up with a random toon in WoW for a group quest or something, and we start chatting as we quest, and then she does this whole "I'm a chick ya know"..And it's like "Great", and then she'll post a link to a picture and ask "What do you think?"

Did my healing turn you on THAT much?

Though about a year back i got into a semi-pug on Magtheridon, and the guild that made up most of the group had a vent, and there was this ONE girl in vent whose voice was pure sex. I could not believe how sexy it was. I nearly signed onto the guild right then and there.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
I know many girls who play WoW, none in real life that play FPS, but i can't see why anyone would have a problem with that. Unless it's on xbox live, I'm not trolling xbox owners or anything, but the reason I never play on xbl is because it is literally only 12 year olds, if a girl was on xbl she would be... murdered verbally?

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
theownerer said:
When a girl joins vent I leave because the raid will consist of 20 horny teenage boys with boners just wanting to talk with her all the god damn time.
Hell of a point but your right.

Plus we all know there are no women online, Just 40 year old men that want our soft supple bodies...

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
I assume every woman I meet doesn't game, and I'm pleasantly surprised when I discover she games. I'm very welcoming about girls gaming, of course (hell, my favourite Escapist usegroup is Gamer Girls)

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
I will go easier on them and actually let them win if that counts. But really i just don't care.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
It's one thing if she sucks, but if she's good, have at it.

I make up charts and things for the games I play and get attached to. I don't consider myself a gamer per se, but if I couldn't play anymore, I'd be piiiissed.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
I don't see girls play online or with my friends alot which is a good thing because my friend is one of those oh look its a girl online. i'm going to talk smut. Yeah well lets just say he forgets sometimes that i'm next to him and our other friend who can rip up sapplings will snap him if i say so.

My wife can have the necron army up in 13 minutes with a monolith and nightbringer and reserves ready. I say most girl gamers are better sometimes because they have to compete with the testosterone. It's not being sexist it's if you are the odd one out, sometimes it's better to be stronger incase they turn on you. (i've seen 6-2 match's were i was the only one that stayed with the girl everyone else traitored...it sucked)

Girl or guys i don't care.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
SICK0_ZER0 said:
I know many girls who play WoW, none in real life that play FPS, but i can't see why anyone would have a problem with that. Unless it's on xbox live, I'm not trolling xbox owners or anything, but the reason I never play on xbl is because it is literally only 12 year olds, if a girl was on xbl she would be... murdered verbally?
yeah i'm older then 12 and own a 360 with xbl but i get your point. It is really bad out there, in the wilds of live. I hit the mute button faster than the trigger sometimes.

Plus even if they are older, sometimes owners feel like they have to be real big idiots to impress other idiots.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
It's unusual enough that my mind marks a girl joining a game as a significant event. Not very significant, but I do notice it, and chivalric programming does inspire me to proverbially sit up straight and be more polite. I note it as being a good thing, generally, because dealing with nothing but guys gets insufferable real fast.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Not really, I scan random peoples Gamertags in the lobbies of most games, and when I come across a girl I 'm a little bit surprised, and I usually expect them to be the cause of 90% of my deaths in the next game.

I was really surprised the other day however when I learnt that a girl I know plays Unreal Tournament 3. Just doesn't strike me as the kind of FPS girls would like..

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Well, it hasn't happened to me before, unless she didn't have a mic, but I'm neutral to be honest, they're just people who want to have fun

OR......
theownerer said:
When a girl joins vent I leave because the raid will consist of 20 horny teenage boys with boners just wanting to talk with her all the god damn time.
she wants attention.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Nah, gives me someone I can beat easily.

I joke (of course) but the only time I can ever actually remember it happening was on TF2 or Counter Strike: Source.

You know you get those 10 year old boys on some games? Well this girl sounded about 10, was American (with that ssort of whiny accent a number of them seem to have going) and even if she was any other nationality her voice would of still sounded like a huge whining noise.

Did my bloody head in - she wouldn't shut up on the mic.

Other than that it might of been one other girl/woman who's joined a game I've been in.

Aug 25, 2009
I haven't generally played enough online for it to be a major issue, but if I'm LANning it or any other form of multiplayer I have literally no reaction. This is largely because when I play games I get really focused just on winning, not on who I'm beating. (Or losing to)

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
Actually, I find women -or at least girls over the age of 16- playing videogames to be quite...erotic. That probably makes ME the weird one.

Osloq

Mar 9, 2008
I smack talk just as much to girls as I do to guys but that's because it's not filled with obscenities. I have no issues with gaming with girls or talking to them on Team speak or vent. I do have an issue with swearing in front of them until I know where they stand on it. Most women tend to be cool with it with a few words that are complete no-nos, which is the same for a lot of the crowd I tend to game with.

So in response to your post I say I am completely different. I think the fact that your exposure has been pretty minimal for however many years you've been gaming so you have pre programmed feelings towards certain things. I think just wait it out and in time it'll go away.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
Haunted Serenity said:
SICK0_ZER0 said:
yeah i'm older then 12 and own a 360 with xbl but i get your point. It is really bad out there, in the wilds of live. I hit the mute button faster than the trigger sometimes.

Plus even if they are older, sometimes owners feel like they have to be real big idiots to impress other idiots.
When i played CoD4 for a while, i would mute as many as possible between matches, there's probably a better way to mute lol.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I've never met a girl gamer who was a dick which is refreshing because I usually play with assholes. I'm sure there are girls who play like dicks but most I've played with were cool