Poll: I Will Give You £500 to NEVER Play Atari Again!!!

Sarali

May 10, 2004
No. I play them maybe once every 4 years, but I don't like giving up my freedom.

If you offered me 10 grand I would consider. No less.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Forsvaine said:
I don't care for retro games. They're all either remakes of games from the last twenty years, or... actually, yeah, that's all they are. Or as Yahtzee puts it, "If everyone has to buy digital televisions before 2010, then that means you aren't allowed to suddenly ignore 20 years of gameplay innovation."
dude, you SERIOUSLY don't get what we're talking about here! we're talkign about THE retro games! the legends that were the very first video games! it's physically impossible for them to be remakes :p

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
You wouldn't even need to pay me.

That said, I might try to haggle you for a better price.

Also, what happens if I briefly forget? Like, I'm at a friend's house, and he's all like "Dude, I can totally kick your ass at Tetris!" and I'm like "Nuh-uh!" does my head then explode messily, or am I simply unable to play it?
let's say your head explodes

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Damn right, I'll go for that! I haven't played any of those for over ten years, I'm pretty sure I've put them behind me.

BRex21

Sep 24, 2010
Atari never was my kinda retro, i think the oldest retro game i play at any sort of regular basis is Ultima Underworld.
If i were to set an age that i couldnt play i would be more hesitant, and 500 pounts is a little light, although it would be tempting.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I don't have a problem with that. Sure, they were fun to play when I was a kid but nowadays I just use them as time wasters when I have to wait for something, like a train for example.

Teh Jammah

Nov 13, 2010
I went with 'a little higher'

a) because the definition of 'retro games' is somewhat vague
b) because £500 isn't a lot, comparatively, for what you're asking. I mean that's a lump sum for, depending on age and likely death expectancy 20-50+ years of time. that's a pretty pathetic £/hour ratio.

500 quid a year, maybe.

£500 a week... now I could live with that. Although that again depends on how retro 'retro' is considered to be.

Ninja edit for typos

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
As insanely useful as £500 would be to me I shall have to decline, I like my games too much to never play them again even if I rarely play them anymore. Plus Neverwinter Nights I Atari...

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I didn't know what an Atari was, so yeah, I'll take your free money. Assuming I'm allowed to play the most recent hacking / lockpicking minigame idea in games I play.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
No! If I get really rich, I'll feel pretty bad when I can't make a decent retro arcade room in my mansion. Which would be underwater. And guarded by space marines.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Well, shit. I can't accept that; I play snake all the time on Youtube while waiting for my videos to load on my painfully slow connection.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
interspark said:
ok, some one offers you £500 ($800) to NEVER play tetris, pacman, digdug, space invaders, snake or any other retro legend EVER again! and that includes modern day rip-offs or remakes, do you accept?
How far does this definition go? Space Invaders is a game where you shoot aliens. So is Halo. Is Halo thus considered out of bounds?

I don't really play Halo all that much anymore anyway but come on.