Poll: If all drugs were legal...

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Sure. Why not. I'd hate to promote this sort of irresponsible behavior seeing how I would probably die at the age of 40 if I try it. but look at the plus side. It is making the waiting lists for a good retirement home much shorter for the rest of you by offing myself. Now that it taking one for the team....... What was I talking about ?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
No, the legality isn't the reason I avoid them in the first place. I've heard a person say they were glad started doing drugs when they were younger, but I've met lots of people who were the opposite though.

In fact, making drugs legal would make me even less interested in them, because now it's not even rebellious or cool anymore.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Probably yes, but only weed. I have no need to try anything even remotely stronger than that.

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
I generally dislike the idea of risking dependence and addiction as well as the idea of the mind being altered on that level. I don't drink alcohol for the same reason. It just doesn't seem right to alter ones thinking and behavior with chemicals for the purpose of entertainment. I'd keep away from it all.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Seen way too many people's lives ruined by drugs. I don't care how many peers are pressuring me, I would never take any willingly, legal or not.

Billy D Williams

Jul 8, 2013
I'd try weed if it was legal and if I liked it I'd smoke the shit out of it. I don't see why not there's nothing wrong with weed is you use it responsibly, really the only reason I haven't tried it is because I'm going into my countries military and they drug test so if I get caught I get kicked out.

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
Some, yes. Weed and LSD are pretty much less harmful than alcohol anyway. Anything else, I'm gonna stay away from. (Also, first I would have to find actual LSD - most dealers just take the last bit of liquid at the bottom, soak some papers in it and call it LSD.)
I actually keep away from tobacco. Just not enough effect for way to many drawbacks.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Probably not. I don't even take any of the drugs that are legal (coffee, alcohol, tobacco) so I doubt I'd be lighting up a bong or anything like that the second they legalized marijuana, or anything else really.

I don't really like the idea of being under the influence of a drug or other things that alter my brain chemistry, that's why I tend to avoid them when I can.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Nobody really cares about pot here in Canada but I don't smoke it anyways cause I don't enjoy it so I guess thats my answer.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Well I'd try a pot biscuit. However I'd not combine it with alcohol, I hear it gives people blackouts and causes them to vomit. Although if they drink 9 pints of lager I'd imagine that would have something to do with it. Who would do that though?

I stick to alcohol and caffeine.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I've already done more of them than I care to list off. However, I would not try any new ones just because they were legal. I've reached the max I'm willing to put my body through already.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
Well I'd try a pot biscuit. However I'd not combine it with alcohol, I hear it gives people blackouts and causes them to vomit. Although if they drink 9 pints of lager I'd imagine that would have something to do with it. Who would do that though?

I won't drink without cannabis because its all that stops me from vomiting when I'm drunk. Crossfaded is better than being drunk, but I usually prefer just the other anyway.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
2012 Wont Happen said:
Evil Smurf said:

I won't drink withou cannabis because its all that stops me from vomiting when I'm drunk.
Admitting to illegal things is against the forum rules man. I don't think you want a warning.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
Nope. I got stuff to do, and I am not interested in trying to do that stuff while under an altered mental condition.

Funyahns

Sep 2, 2012
tippy2k2 said:
Nope. I'm boring...

The only (currently) illegal drug I would have even considered would be weed but I have asthma so basically anything smoke-related is out the door.

As to other drugs, I either don't like the loss of control I would have (LSD, alcohol[footnote]Yes, I realize alcohol is legal. I'm making a point about loss of control of your body :D (see this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.829602-Poll-If-all-drugs-were-legal#20212182] post right below for a better clarification for what I mean)[/footnote]) or would never even risk the incredibly shitty side effects (heroin).
You know that they have Cannabis sports drinks and stuff now? I saw all the different things they are doing in Colorado, seems interesting. Have a drink, but instead of getting stupid drunk you feel mellow

Funyahns

Sep 2, 2012
Admitting to illegal things is against the forum rules man. I don't think you want a warning.

I don't think it is illegal in all places now. If you live in say Colorado you are within your legal rights.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
Evil Smurf said:

I won't drink withou cannabis because its all that stops me from vomiting when I'm drunk.
The thread is about drug use, and has an option for those who already use drugs despite their illegality. If the site wants to punish meaningful contribution to an ongoing discussion then this site is not worthwhile forum for discussion.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Anyone who wants to take them can easily get them and go party. See that's one reason the whole illegal drug thing is stupid.
Since the existence of drugs humanity has been takin' them and some laws won't stop people from doing so, reality proves that.

But makin' them illegal brings a big pile of new problems: Fighting drugs is expensive, due to being illegal the stuff isn't checked thus often mixed with not-so-healthy-for-you stuff and people takin' them get branded a criminal which brings another boatload of complications (economical/social).
Making them legal and sold by the state, distributed by drug stores could earn a decent amount of money in terms of taxes, keeps the stuff clean and does not have negative economical/social impact on the consumer.

I would've thought people learned from the prohibition, it seems nobody did.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
Probably not. Alcohol and legal drugs seem to affect me far less than they do others, so I don't bother.