Poll: [If] England and America just went to war...

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
...who do you think your country would side with? Assuming both countries are equally at fault for the cause of the war.

This is a question that actually kinda plagues me as a Canadian. We're kinda naturally obligated to side with England because we're still under their power, but we're also right next to the United States and we rely on each other way more than we rely on England. And I also know that Canada wouldn't just sit there neutral, because that'd just piss off both of them.

edit: added another option to the poll

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
A majority of my country would side with America considering, you know, that its my country. Personally? I'd side with Canada. Hockey is more important than some old disagreement about taxes anyway.

Though, I would apologize about the tea. That was just plain rude.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
As a true Swede I chose "Neither side and remain neutral", though tbh I'd root for England.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
As a British person I don't want to see England nuked to hell, so I'll be on the side of my country :)

Chaza

Dec 15, 2010
Being english I'm going to have to support england. Rule Britania yada yada

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
I would honor the age old Swedish tradition called "Staying neautral". And then I would try to enjoy life as much as possible before the nukes starts flying.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
TestECull said:
I'll side with the nation that has the largest air force in the world, the infrastructure to put those planes over any patch of dirt on this planet within 24 hours, men and women capable of getting them there, and the ordinace to level whatever the fuck is underneath those planes.

In short, sorry England, you're the 51st state. We'll leave Top Gear alone, though.
Agreed. It wouldn't really be a fair fight.

Sep 19, 2008
Being a Brit ofc I am gonna side with britain.

But with it being 2 of the nuclear capable countries that stock icbms im also gonna run as far away from civilization as possible and wait for nuclear winter/to die.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Leon Last Lord Shyle said:
Being a Brit ofc I am gonna side with britain.

But with it being 2 of the nuclear capable countries that stock icbms im also gonna run as far away from civilization as possible and wait for nuclear winter/to die.
I most heartily agree my fellow British person...

I'd probably bugger off to Italy in any case (my dad is moving there) as we'd get screwed either way: nukes or no nukes. I think that no nukes we could give them a run for their money. Until they actually tried that is...

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
well Canada is part of the commonwalth country so I am assuming that we would side with england.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
EllEzDee said:
I'd take whichever side had a population with original thread ideas.
lol, this is different than all those "If [place] was invaded, would you care?" threads.

Besides, this is a question I've legitimately wondered.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
neither; germany cannot afford to wage war against a western country. also, our politicians don't have the balls to do so... wait, our chancellor is female... that eyplains the lack of balls... oh well, however, we have sort of a history regarding wars, and today everyone is just all about being politically correct, so war is a big no-no (it took us almost 9 years to call that thing in afghansitan a war... can you belieeve it)