Poll: If you had to give up sex or meat which would it be?

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
As much as sex is needed to reproduce, I'd rather have meat than sex. After all, sex makes things complicated. What's complicated about consuming meat?

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Alien Mole said:
That said, I'm still amazed by the amount of people who'd pick meat over sex, mostly because of the reasons stated by geldonyetich. But eh, to each his own, and I'd probably still have sex if it caused pollution, in all honesty, so I can see where a meat-fanatic might be coming from.
Well, given that is is trendy to say "I don't care about sex" of course people are going to say "gimme MOAR MEATZ!"

Me? I can live without meat as I mentioned in my first post. But I don't think my wife would appreciate me giving up sex.

Novander

Oct 30, 2009
I'm 24 and I know it's a bit weird, but I'm a virgin and I'm not particularly bothered about it. I've no interest in casual sex and I've not been in a relationship for quite a while now where I've thought "yes, you might not be 'the one' but we do get on awesome and maybe we could bang?".

I do, however, quite often see meat and think "You are the bacon equivalent of 'the one'. I must have you inside me."

Wolvaroo

Jan 1, 2008
I would choose meat > sex any day. Sex is alright and everything, but after you've had it for awhile it's just kinda meh. Pulled Pork sammiches on the other hand...

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Gonna give up on the meat. My other half doesn't eat meat, and I think in this decision her needs would absolutely dominate.

Smokeydubbs

Mar 18, 2009
I would give up sex. Meat is just to damn good. Chicken and beef are staples in my diet. And a good steak is just impossible to pass up.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Fuck you man! Fuck you!

You can't force me to make decisions like that /cry

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
This is pretty much a no-brainer. I'd probably get bluballs and die if I didn't have sex, but the nutrients and enjoyment I get from eating meat are easily substituted.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
I'd give up sex rather than meat. I lived for a lot of my life before I first had sex without feeling particularly deprived (and even now don't have a particularly intense sex life) so I can easily cope without sex if I have to. On the other hand, meat is my favourite food group and I'd feel seriously deprived without it. I seriously love meat.

Fortunately, I draw solace from the fact that this is purely hypothetical and I don't need to make such an unpleasant choice in real life.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
Alien Mole said:
Lowbreed said:
Quite a couple of vegetarians here I see.
Regardless, sex =/= hands, so that pleasure can still be achieved to a certain degree (and so can intimacy).
The taste of a freshly barbecued steak / ribs or some tasty chicken wings or hell a burger cannot be imitated, hence the only choice is to give up sex, also I eat meat literally every day, I hate veggies, but that's just me.
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but you hate vegetarians? Why on earth would anyone, in fact?

I actually had a whole rant prepared about why vegetarianism is a good thing, but I'd probably come on a little strong so I'll drop that. But I would like someone to explain to me how one could possibly resent an individual for simply not eating meat. I'm not trying to single you out, by the way. I've come across similar opinions a number of times, but I've never understood them. Enlighten me?

PS: This goes without saying, but yeah, on topic: I think I could live without meat. In fact it's worked out fine so far.
As someone correctly pointed out I refer to vegetarians as vegetarians first, and veggies = vegetables.
So thar.
Though some people who were distantly related to me were vegans, and died cause of it... Crazy people.