Poll: If you had to give up sex or meat which would it be?

Alien Mole

The Quite Obscure
Oct 6, 2009
Lowbreed said:
Quite a couple of vegetarians here I see.
Regardless, sex =/= hands, so that pleasure can still be achieved to a certain degree (and so can intimacy).
The taste of a freshly barbecued steak / ribs or some tasty chicken wings or hell a burger cannot be imitated, hence the only choice is to give up sex, also I eat meat literally every day, I hate veggies, but that's just me.
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but you hate vegetarians? Why on earth would anyone, in fact?

I actually had a whole rant prepared about why vegetarianism is a good thing, but I'd probably come on a little strong so I'll drop that. But I would like someone to explain to me how one could possibly resent an individual for simply not eating meat. I'm not trying to single you out, by the way. I've come across similar opinions a number of times, but I've never understood them. Enlighten me?

PS: This goes without saying, but yeah, on topic: I think I could live without meat. In fact it's worked out fine so far.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
Screw that I aint giving up nothing! that's right im a rebel! Fight the "Man"!

*Goes off to have sex while eating meat*

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Of the two, meat seems the wiser choice, given that meat is an environmental disaster [http://veg.ca/content/view/133/111/#diet] and sex apparently has no negative ramifications (other than unwanted pregnancies or disease if you're irresponsible/unlucky) and is significantly better for your heart [http://www.goveg.com/heartdisease.asp]. (Granted, these links are rather blatantly one-sided considering they're both coming from vegetarial websites.)

Yes, yes, the question is really phrased more in terms of personal preference than wisdom, but it so happens that a wise course of action is my personal preference.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Alien Mole said:
Lowbreed said:
Regardless, sex =/= hands, so that pleasure can still be achieved to a certain degree (and so can intimacy).
The taste of a freshly barbecued steak / ribs or some tasty chicken wings or hell a burger cannot be imitated, hence the only choice is to give up sex, also I eat meat literally every day, I hate veggies, but that's just me.
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but you hate vegetarians? Why on earth would anyone, in fact?

I actually had a whole rant prepared about why vegetarianism is a good thing, but I'd probably come on a little strong so I'll drop that. But I would like someone to explain to me how one could possibly resent an individual for simply not eating meat. I'm not trying to single you out, by the way. I've come across similar opinions a number of times, but I've never understood them. Enlighten me?

PS: This goes without saying, but yeah, on topic: I think I could live without meat. In fact it's worked out fine so far.
I think they meant that they hate vegetables, not vegetarians.

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
I'm not really into meat, and I've given up all hope of sex, so I'd go with meat even though neither is a big issue"

Curious Georgie

May 13, 2010
Pfff, I personally enjoy cuddling as much as sex, and still recall in horror the time I turned vegetarian to get with a girl, so I'd just give up sex.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Meat, what are you gonna do if you give up sex?

Invite a girl back to yours for some Cooked Turkey?

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Whilst I'm surprised how many people said sex, I have to admit I've had some pretty damned fantastic burgers. I could never give up meat.

Alien Mole

The Quite Obscure
Oct 6, 2009
JEBWrench said:
Alien Mole said:
Lowbreed said:

I think they meant that they hate vegetables, not vegetarians.
Well, I feel like a complete jackass now. This makes sense - my apologies. I do recall seeing a thread about how it's somewhat antisocial to refuse to eat meat on these forums a while ago, but that's a different discussion, then. Heh, sorry. This kind of stuff just tends to get me on my high horse.

That said, I'm still amazed by the amount of people who'd pick meat over sex, mostly because of the reasons stated by geldonyetich. But eh, to each his own, and I'd probably still have sex if it caused pollution, in all honesty, so I can see where a meat-fanatic might be coming from.