Poll: If you hate X game Company so much

SwagLordYoloson

Jul 21, 2010
I don't buy Ubisoft nor EA. It isn't as hard as one would think there are plenty of better gaming alternatives compared to the crap they seem to be churning out these days. I just pray to god they don't start gobbling up my favourite developers/publishers like Paradox and Bethesda.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
The only company I really "hate" is EA, and they have their withered necromancer hands in so many pies I've given up trying to evade them.
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say, except you can add "Activision" to that.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Really, there aren't any developers that I really hate. Some I don't care for, but not really hate. Now, I do have some issues with publishers for some things they do. But is it really fair to hurt the people who actually made the games by not buying the item they spent years making just because I don't like the people who published and/or backed it? That wouldn't really be fair to the developer to target them because of the publisher.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
If they make a good game I like, I want to show my approval on the chance they might make more like that one. If they do something bad I don't buy it, if they do something right I give them praise (by my wallet) so they may change.

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
This whole "company hate" thing seems to be a PC gaming thing :/ I can't say there's any publisher I hate, but then again I don't deal with DRM (although I do feel bad for those who do).

Nonetheless, I'm pretty damn sure that a decent-sized chunk of people who ***** about Activision and CoD still buy the games each year.

psicat

Feb 13, 2011
I don't really hate any company. I dislike Valve for Steam. But, as far as games go I judge the game on how interesting it looks before hand, and how much I enjoyed it afterwards. I don't give a damn who developed or published it.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
If I don't like the company, I don't buy their games. It's really not difficult. I don't miss out on a damn thing by not playing their stuff.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
If I buy a game I do it because it seems intresting(or is cheap as fuck), and I wouldn't throw it in the garbage can just because I found out Activision had something to do with it.

Direbaka

Jul 10, 2010
I voted "I don't" but that isn't completely true. I will not buy games full price from companies that I have a problem with. I will, however, get their games if there is a huge sale (think steam 75% sale or something). The more I dislike a company the lower the price has to go before I even think about it (assuming a game I want, I can just ignore ones I don't want).

An example of sorts. I really wanted to get the game spore (this is before it was released). I loved most sim games and this was supposed to be huge, but there was this problem of some nasty drm (one of the early online-activation required games). I didn't buy it and found out, through reviews, that the game was actually pretty mediocre. Fast forwards until last month, I had an opportunity to buy it for 3 dollars. I can live with 3 dollars even if the game might refuse to install at some point in the future. I bought it, played it, got bored, and might uninstall it soon. But 3 dollars was a good price point for that game for me.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I don't really hate any developers or publishers.

There's several who I don't think are up to much, but I don't hate them.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I haven't bought a new game in around 3 years, so I guess I don't support anyone not even the companies I like.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
I only care about the games, many times I'm not really sure who the publisher/developer even is until it flashes on screen before the main menu.

If EA or Infinity Ward make a good game they will get some of my money, that's just how I roll.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
I don't hate any games company. I reserve my hatred for creators of products that actually affect my normal life. (Such as trash newspapers and the people who repeat stories from them like facts.)

If I don't like a game, I don't have to play it. So it's difficult for a video game company to get on my nerves that much.

Unless - I don't know - the board of directors at EA start shooting homeless people for sport. Then I might stop buying their games!

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
A get games for any of the following reasons:
1) I liked it's predecessor (Portal 2)
2) I like other games made by the same developer (Crash Bandicoot->Jak & Daxter->Uncharted)
3) I'm bored of what I have and want something i've never played before (Mass Effect)
4) A significant portion of my mates are buying it and I have money to spare (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3)
5) My sweet relatives buy it for me (Assassin's Creed)

I have never purchased or even rented a game that I thought to be crap, or whom's developer I despise for prior offences, I'm not crazy about games like COD, but they're not as god-awful as people make them out to be (just because they make heaps more than an alright "indie" title)

The only kind of games that I hate beyond belief are sporting titles, soccer, cricket, football, tennis, yadda yadda yadda. But that's more because of what they are rather than evil developers or publishers

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I don't. I hate Ubisoft and I've been skipping all their games for a few years now, even though they've put out games that I really want to play, like Heroes 6 and Anno 2070.

I dislike EA and Activision, but not so much to completely drop them from my list. However, I refuse to use Origin and will be skipping games for it, with the possible exception of Bioware games, but even then I'll likely buy a physical copy of the game and crack it so I don't have to endure Origin.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't (buy them new). I get the game they feel I deserve and I still get to play the thing. Most of the time anyway, with some games I just get fed up and move on. When Dragon Age 3 eventually rears its ugly head I'll just wait until the thing drops and read about the ending on a wiki. I've already done it with Arkham City (though I plan on grabbing that from PnT once the price gets low enough) and may very well do so with Mass Effect 3. If I don't like what a company does, I don't give them my money. Or rather, I try to...the PS3 annoys me to no end but...you know what, none of my other personal electronics are Sony except for the old, used ones so never mind.