Poll: If Zero Punctuation would stop....

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Not at all- ZP may have started it, but these days I'm more of a diehard LRR fan. If it weren't for Feed Dump being on the same day, I'd probably forget to watch ZP some weeks altogether.

Now, if LRR left, I'd probably stick around for Moviebob/Jim Sterling/ZP, but I think I'd start forgetting about it after a while.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Henkie36 said:
Would you keep visiting the Escapist? I noticed a similar thing happening on TGWTG, because when the Nostalgia Critic stopped, I only heard people say ''Well, I never really visit that site anymore'', myself being one of them. But now that he is back, I keep going there.

So to pull this back to the Escapist, what if Zero Punctuation would stop? That really is thi site's main attraction, so I'm pretty curious who would keep coming. Me, I'd stay. I follow more then just ZP, like Escape to the Movies and Reel Physics. So I think I'd be coming back for them.
I'll tell you this, your poll is going to be very skewed. because the people who only come here for ZP are also people who are not active in the forums and thus would not see this thread.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
There was a time when I'd say yes but I've stopped actively following ZP weeks ago. Now if Jimquisition stopped....

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I'd miss Yahtzee, but I'd keep coming. There are a lot of other shows and comics I keep up with here, as well as the articles, and I've made some valuable friends here that I don't want to abandon. So yeah, I'd keep coming even if ZP stopped.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
You should add a maybe option, as I really wouldn't know. ZP is the reason I came here, but I do like a lot of the stuff on here, so at the moment I just do not know.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I'd at least be on once per month. (Miracle of Sound!)

But i still lurk the forums on other days of the week and the LRR crew is the highlight of my mondays. Then there's Escape to the Movies on fridays which i also watch now and then if there's a new movie out that i'm curious about.

Plus the Escapist's own reviews are nice if you want things presented in a more serious way.

EDIT: Oh, and my annual marathon of Doomsday Arcade on Lazer Cat day. (25th of February!)

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Like many people, I first came to the Escapist for Yahtzee. ZP is still my favorite Escapist feature, but if he went away I would still come back for Jimquisition and LRR's stuff.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I got bored of Yahtzee a while ago. I just don't find his humor funny any more and looking back on his earlier videos, I don't know why I liked them so much either...

So ya, I'd stay if we left.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
If ZP wasn't on the Escapist, I never would've started coming here, that's for sure, but there's enough good stuff on here to definitely hold me if ZP goes. Hell, I've noticed myself looking forward to Jimquisition more than ZP by this point. That and all the things the LRR crew does, as well as Big Picture (Not that big a fan of Escape to the Movies, but that's because I'm not much of a film person) are way more quality content than needed to hook me to this.

And, as much as this sounds like a cheesy attempt to be nice to people, these forums are probably the most reasonable and least irrationally-hate-spewing gaming forums on the internet, so that's a definite reason to come here (Even if I'm more of a lurker myself, just look at my post count vs my join date).

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Zero Punctuation was never really the thing that drew me here in the first place. I do watch it but I come here for a bunch of other content as well. There's something nearly every day that draws me here from The Jimquisition to Critical Miss and a few other things in between plus the forums occasionally.

Garyn Dakari

Nov 12, 2011
Yes, I'd still come here. I was actually introduced to this site because a friend introduced me to Jimquisition...And now I'm following all the video shows(Except Top 5), and nearly all the written columns...Plus lurking the forums is fun too.

But yeah, I love ZP, and I'd be sad if Yahtzee stopped/moved, but I'd still visit this site every day like I do now.

Dagda Mor

Jun 23, 2011
Eh... ZP is the reason I visit regularly, but I would still drop by sporadically to check out what everyone else is up to.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
I'll be honest, ZP isn't as good as it used to be, or it could just be I've grown more used to his style and as such I don't find it as amusing any more. That's not to say I don't still watch, look forward to and enjoy every new episode, but it doesn't hold the pull for me that it used to, so if it left, yeah I'd be sad, but I have plenty of other shows on here that I enjoy, some more so, so I'd be fine.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Not really, there's still Critical miss, LRR(love those guys), Bob, etc. While it would be sad if ZP stopped theescapist has a lot to offer. Plus there's always neat topics on the message boards, with most of the posters being cool people.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I'm sure if Zero Punctuation were to stop, the Escapist would greenlight whatever he has in mind to do. Whilst ZP did bring me here, there's plenty of content to keep me coming back. Gotta procrastinate somehow.

Iron Criterion

Feb 4, 2009
I'd still be here for Jim and Moviebob, but if they went as well then I'd leave: the community here is too fucking horrid to be my primary reason for visiting.