Poll: If Zero Punctuation would stop....

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
I definitely would. I enjoy MovieBob and Jims' videos, and I love reading the forums. And aside from the videos from the creators I just mentioned, there are plenty of series in the archives that are still fun to watch. I might not come here as often on Wednesdays, though.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
While it's true that Zero Punctuation is what initially introduced me to The Escapist, and if it stopped I would be greatly saddened, I would still visit The Escapist, I came for Zero Punctuation, but I stayed for a whole bunch of other stuff

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Yahtzee may have been the reason I found this site, but everything else it has to offer has made me a very regular visitor.

So, no. You'll still see me here long after Yahtzee's next book sells millions upon millions of copies and he quits the site to fully embrace his new-found stardom.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Probably would drop by now and again... but definitely not so much.
ZP is probably the main thing on this site, what made it so big, and is the main thing people keep coming back too.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
I stopped watching him some time now.. Just like I stopped watching LRR related materials a few years ago. I find the new Reel Physics hilarious though. I stay here mostly for the news and the forums, the videos are a nice addition.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Zero Punctuation was my gateway drug. There's plenty of other good content here, plus I like The Escapist's flavor of half news/half editorial.

Also I'm suffering from Space Janitors withdrawal and am eagerly awaiting the second season, which is currently in post-production.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Of course I'd still be here.

With forums like these? I'd be crazy not to stick around.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I watch virtually all the featured content, and try to find Critical Miss when I can. I think I'd stick around.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
thaluikhain said:
tippy2k2 said:
Zero Punctuation, while still entertaining, has really lost the spark with me. I used to get home on Wednesday and the first thing that would load on my computer would be ZP. Now...a few hours might go by and I'll get to it. Once in a while I completely forget and don't watch it until the next day. The "Take good games and rip into these few nit-picky things because nice doesn't sell" is just getting a little stale for me.
Seconded.

Now, to be fair, Yahtzee has had a very long run, and he's been funny for a good long time, but there's only so long you can keep that sort of thing going, and I think he's gotten past it. There's nothing so good it can't run out of steam eventually.
I don't know, he can still turn a phrase like no one else. Just this week we had Lara Croft, Brain Matter House Painter - now that's genius.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I have only watched 2 or 3 episodes of Zero Punctuation and they're nothing special. I'm not certain what made Yahtzee an internet celebrity on that.

Regardless, I'd still come here. Firstly because I am in one group chat here that I use more than the forums and secondly because LRR still uploads their content here.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
This time two years ago I would have said no. Now I wouldn't care that much if it stopped.

wadark

Dec 22, 2007
ZP was definitely what brought me here, but I've grown to enjoy MovieBob and the occasional Jimquisition. Plus there are some really interesting forum topics. And I always check up on gaming news here, so yeah, I'd still visit.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I was here for a year before I even entertained the idea of watching a ZP. So probably.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
i'm in four RPs atm.

that alone means i have a reason to frequent the site.

RP aside, i'm really more into The Big Picture/The Jimquizition the ZP anymore

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
If I can put up with the community, nothing's getting rid of me. :p

But seriously, I like the LRR stuff more than ZP. ZP is fun, but without it, we still have LRR, Jim Sterling, and that dog who keeps flying out of the screen to yell at me for not buying more games.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Nah. About a year ago, I would have said yes, but that was before I found out how awesome the forums are here.

Plus, I really liked Extra Credits, so if I survived them leaving I think I could probably stick around here no matter what.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Yes.
I didn't come here for ZP in the first place.
And the reason I did come isn't on the escapist anymore.
I came here for Unforgotten Realms.
Alright, I wanna cast a spell...
I CAST FLARE!
*You are now probably blinded and probably can't read this text... But maybe you can try to roll for a fortitude save*

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
I came for ZP, and stayed for how great the site is overall. Afterall, this is the only site I have an account on! :D