Poll: "I'm a cactus!" and other random phrases.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
You say random things at times.

Don't give me that look. You're HERE on this board, on the INTERNET, homeland of memes. You SAY random things.

This is not necessarily wrong or bad, though sometimes it can get repetitive (again, with the memes). But on occasion, you say things that have nothing to do with references of any sort that you can think of, but are intrinsically funny to you and perhaps your friends. Now, in most cases, it isn't considered a good practice to explain the joke, but this is really more of a case of telling the joke and maybe giving a bit of detail for curiosity's sake.

You have a phrase you say sometimes at random and a reason for it. Tell me about it.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
"Damn, that kid is sexy." And stuff of that ilk.

It's a bit of a running gag with me and my friends that I'm supposedly a paedophile.
Should be noted that there are a couple of people on this forum who think I'm actually a paedophile as well.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I voted other

becuse any brony will tell you the best random lines is

Oatmeal!? are you crazy?

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
''Because magnets,'' or ''It's friendship, I aint' gotta' explain shit.''
If something can't be explained, it must be magnets or friendship.

EDIT:
chickenhound said:
I voted other

Oatmeal!? are you crazy?
Also this!

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
I was drunk at a friend's apartment once and the subject of randomly scoring some pot came up. For some reason, I thought it important to point out that we were situated in a rather Orthodox Jewish area of Toronto and my friend, drunkenly and without missing a beat said "That's OK. Everyone knows that Jews have the best pot." So when discussions of drugs come up, I sometimes mention that well-established fact.

I also recall a time I was (probably drunk) at a work/bush party, and someone had brought a hookah with some delicious orange-flavoured shisha in it. I was with an old friend from high school and we were smoking it together. As soon as each of us took a hit of it, without any planning, we turned to each other and said "Orange!" in a deep voice. This was, a reference to a song we both liked, where one of the samples was a random man's voice saying the same. So now, when hanging out, we will occasionally turn to one another and say "Orange!" while people stare us down. The song:

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
"Did you try turning off and on again?"

Yeah it works pretty much whenever somebody mentioned something isn't working, but I really have to limit myself - today, I said it when I saw a picture of a car that had an accident. Once I said it to a friend who mentioned he had a headache[footnote]I don't think there was a hell bad enough he wanted me to be in at that point.[/footnote].

"<Chewbacca[footnote]Or "Wookie", if you want.[/footnote]-like-rawr>"

OK, it's only me and a friend of mine that use it and it's sort of a catch all thing if you have nothing to say. Inside humour and all, other people are not automatically are not expected to understand it. The problem is when it leaks outside. Like when my friend had a conversation with his mother over the phone and this was literally the only thing he responded with.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
"Like I said in the future-past..."
"I said ;IH UH UNHH!"
"Helo I have a letter in my mouth for you!"
"Where has my childhood gone Josie?"
"GAAAH...IDIOTS!"
"Why do all my thirty year old electronics keep breaking on me!?"

hi fives for anyone who gets them all.(nobody, not because they're obscure but because honestly who's going to actually read this?)

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
chickenhound said:
I voted other

Oatmeal!? are you crazy?
I am ashamed that this did not occur to me. I take my hat off to you, sir.

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
"Pandas!" if met with an invalid response then "Koalas?"
If people come to expect of me to say pandas, then koalas I replace koalas with "Mushrooms though?"

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Midgeamoo said:
I'm guessing the Latinos have mutated is a Dara O'Brien reference? If so that one.
If with only the smallest of changes...

Yup, that's the one.

Frostbyte

Jan 1, 2012
The thing I say is "I am the god of (insert thing here)!" when accomplishing trivial tasks. Also, I say "Gentlemen" in a bad french accent whenever I get out the car keys. You know, the ones that just flick out.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
When not receiving an immediate response to a question, I tend to ask
"Yes?
No?
Magenta?"

Because Magenta.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Sober Thal said:
What does -'Nathan Explosion.'- mean, Jack?

Never mind, it's some Adult Swim / Metalocalypse thing, eh? That's what google/wiki tells me.
He's a character from Metalocalypse, the most brutal show ever made. Of all time. Blacker than the blackest black, times infinity. They are also, at the time of the second season, the worlds twelfth largest economy.

Whitewillow

Mar 30, 2010
One of my favourites, and one of the most used in my family, is "It's not irrelevant, it's a Hippopotamus!"

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
"Chess grandmaster" is used by me and my friends, refering to anyone in any kind of situation, where they're thinking they are too clever.