Poll: I'm Batman.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
lRookiel said:
I really like the new dark knight alot because the movies and games are action packed thrill rides, but on the other hand Adam west is just too damn fun to ignore, cant decide...

Quick Robin, get the Decision helping spray!

*Sprays on self*

Its gonna have to be Adam west.
Actually the games are within the continuity of the 93/98 cartoons.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
93 TIMM/PAUL 93 TIMM/PAUL OH GOD 93 TIMM/PAUL!
I grew up with him. I didn't even know about Batman and Robin or the Tim Burton Batmans until like 1999. I saw Adam West every now and them but I thought the whole BAM POW CLUNK! was really cheesy (even before I hit the double digit mark).

For me the best Batman series will always be the early 90's cartoon version. It has the right amount of grit and darkness without sacrificing the whole aspect of being a childs' cartoon.

I read Batman: The Cult by Jim Starlin
Batman Gothic by Gran Morrison
Batman The Dark Knight Returns By Frank Miller
and Batman Year Two by Mike Barr

as a child and let me tell you I was slightly traumatized yet entertained...especially Gothic because of Mr.Whisper. I laid off the comics for a while, even now I still find them a bit gritty. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE these damn comics but I could watch the 93 cartoon forever.

Mark Hamill's Joker was the best too!

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Wow, Nolan's example gets a video trying to trash Nolan's batman? A bit bias, no?

I would go with Nolan's Batman because as a whole, he is better written. Miller is a close second, but Miller goes too cheesy for my tastes often and he can really put a damper on "gritty" and make it come off as contrived. But as I said Miller still does come into a close second.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Souplex said:
If you're going to do a poll like this, at least try and not make it so obviously biased. Yeah, fine, you don't like Christian Bale's Batman voice, but you didn't have to go make everyone who actually likes Christopher Nolan's interpretation feel about as welcome as a turd on the dinner table.

On Topic: Nolan's version is the only one I really know, and I love it, so I guess I have to go with that. However, I have heard good things about the animated series and was planning on getting into it at some point.
Exactly, only one of those videos really had a dramatic tone and guess which one it was? It wouldn't perhaps be the OP's favorite would it? If we are going to show retarded scenes from all the other shows how about we show the final battle from the one the OP thinks is the best:

The 93 Batman has a lot of retarded crap in it. Especially, when Batman shows up. That is why the OP showed a scene that Batman isn't even in.

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
OmniscientOstrich said:
Hand me down...the shark repellent, bat spray...love that, especially with no one operating the helicopter and the shark explodes for some reason...but yeah, I like the Christopher Nolan films, they easily have the most amount of depth, style and intelligence of any Batman adaptation even if Christian Bale's voice does kind of grate on you.
Because it's anti-shark spray! Like matter and anti-matter. You thought it was like shark repellent, nope, he just destroyed that shark. Haha

Denizen

Jan 29, 2010
the tim burton movies, both 90s paul dini/bruce timm all the way up to justice league, and the nolan movies. Everything else comes second.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Savagezion said:
Wow, Nolan's example gets a video trying to trash Nolan's batman? A bit bias, no?

I would go with Nolan's Batman because as a whole, he is better written. Miller is a close second, but Miller goes too cheesy for my tastes often and he can really put a damper on "gritty" and make it come off as contrived. But as I said Miller still does come into a close second.
I simply picked the first thing that came to mind in regards to each one, and in terms of Nolan, I always think of the voice. If you can provide a better clip, I'll use that.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Laxman9292 said:
Because it's anti-shark spray! Like matter and anti-matter. You thought it was like shark repellent, nope, he just destroyed that shark. Haha
Ah, but of course! See these are the kind of subtleties in the writing of the TV series that has clearly eluded my feeble mind. Truly, that show was ahead of it's time. :3

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Souplex said:
Savagezion said:

I simply picked the first thing that came to mind in regards to each one, and in terms of Nolan, I always think of the voice. If you can provide a better clip, I'll use that.
Here ya go.

I am not a big fan of Joel Schumacher's but here is a better one for its fans:

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
Honestly Nolan's films weren't great because of Batman, they were great because of Cillian Murphy and Heath Ledger. Christian Bale was mediocre at best.

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Still trying to figure out what exactly what is wrong with Christian Bale's Batman voice which the OP alluded to. It's just meant to conceal his voice so people don't recognise him, and it does that. I mean it's fairly reasonable to assume that people would recognise Bruce Wayne's voice if he didn't conceal it.

If that didn't tip you guys off, I prefer Nolan. As absolutely hilarious as shark repellant was I prefer my stuff serious.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Tonythion said:
93 TIMM/PAUL 93 TIMM/PAUL OH GOD 93 TIMM/PAUL!
I grew up with him. I didn't even know about Batman and Robin or the Tim Burton Batmans until like 1999. I saw Adam West every now and them but I thought the whole BAM POW CLUNK! was really cheesy (even before I hit the double digit mark).

For me the best Batman series will always be the early 90's cartoon version. It has the right amount of grit and darkness without sacrificing the whole aspect of being a childs' cartoon.

I read Batman: The Cult by Jim Starlin
Batman Gothic by Gran Morrison
Batman The Dark Knight Returns By Frank Miller
and Batman Year Two by Mike Barr

as a child and let me tell you I was slightly traumatized yet entertained...especially Gothic because of Mr.Whisper. I laid off the comics for a while, even now I still find them a bit gritty. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE these damn comics but I could watch the 93 cartoon forever.

Mark Hamill's Joker was the best too!
Definitely. Justice League: The Animated Series and Batman: The Animated Series are how I got into Batman and they will always be the Batman that I love. And Mark Hamill blows every other Joker out of the water.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
The '93 run of Batman The Animed Series was my gold standard. The stories and talents behind it are unsurpassed.