Poll: In your opinon, what is the worst aspect of online gaming?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
What bothers me most are two things that aren't in the poll:

-I hate it when a game has a good but absurdly short single player campaign and makes up for it with some tacked on multiplayer element. That's just lame.

I also hate the fact that most games released now a days seem to be anywhere from a bit of a mess to a complete catastrophe at launch. I think publishers have become too dependent on console internet connections to patch the game into playability. Fallout New Vegas was a complete catastrophe and took them 6 months to fix. I wish I had waited for it to be fixed and picked it up for $20.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Honestly, the fact that so many people are out there to ruin a fun time.

Doesn't matter what form it takes.

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
All of the above, like everyone else. Although there is two things unmentioned that I can't stand: the kids who can't accept that you beat them and spam you with messages and trash talking, and the K/D whores who dashboard when they are doing bad or are losing... especially if they're the host of the game, then the game will just end right there.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Campers and people who abuse cheap strategies. Things like Grenade Launchers, Commando, most explosives... you get the picture. People who make up for their lack of skill by using the cheapest, most ridiculous strategy they can.
But on the other hand , why not used the arsenal layed out in front of you? Hell if you send me to war and give me a choice of a grenade lancher and a pistol, no chance in hell im taking a pistol .( btw i know nothing about actual real life war )

OT : i think the comunity is the biggest problem , people being dicks just because they can and there is no consequence

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
People. I wish we could get better people. The ones we have are pretty crappy.

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
I'd say Team Killers are by far the worst thing on there. The mute function > any/all voice harassment you can get. And it generally takes 2 seconds to do. Annoying, but efficiently disposed of.
Tk'ing however, screws you over in the match entirely. And you can't even fight back from it, without subjecting yourself to TK penalties yourself.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
krazykidd said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Campers and people who abuse cheap strategies. Things like Grenade Launchers, Commando, most explosives... you get the picture. People who make up for their lack of skill by using the cheapest, most ridiculous strategy they can.
But on the other hand , why not used the arsenal layed out in front of you? Hell if you send me to war and give me a choice of a grenade lancher and a pistol, no chance in hell im taking a pistol .( btw i know nothing about actual real life war )

OT : i think the comunity is the biggest problem , people being dicks just because they can and there is no consequence
This isn't war, it's a video game. The point of it is to have fun. You know what isn't fun for anyone? That moron camping atop the tower with One Man Army/Danger Close/Commando Noob Tube spraying insta-kill grenades at people. That isn't fun for you, isn't fun for me, and I'm sure isn't fun for him unless he's just a mouth-breather. Where's the honor in it? I know that sounds silly, but it dictates msot of my multiplayer decisions. I want to be viewed as skillful and honorable, not cheap. When I beat you, I want it to be because I'm better than you, not because I'm whoring the most overpowered thing I can find.

Also, there's large section of the community, especially in Modern Warfare 2, that abuses these cheap bullshit strategies simply because other people hate them. They get their jollies by annoying and frustrating fellow human beings, which in my opinion deserves the death penalty, but unfortunately it isn't illegal yet.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I can deal with everything else when it comes to online matches: name-calling/mud-slinging, spamming, little kids who don't know what the fuck they're doing... makes their defeat that much sweeter.

The one thing I absolutely can't stand is fucking RAGE-QUITTERS, capitalized o show how much I can't stand them. Nobody likes to lose, that's just human nature. But to manually cause a "did not finish" situation over such a thing is fucking childish (I think). You take the loss, and analyze it (if applicable) to see where you went wrong so that it doesn't happen again, or at least not as often.

I can't tell you how many people have rage-quit on me in MK9, and I'm not even that great a player. I want to strangle every single one of them. >__<

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
In my opinion, the worst asdpect of online multiplayer is the fact that developpers put WAYYY too much time on it (even more than single player which is pretty sad and pisses me off). Now, if you talk about games like TF2,, Counter-Strike or Day of Defeat i would say:

-Foul Mouthed Children (i just mute them)
-Camping (for some reason when i get killed by a camper, i get obsessed with killing him...i HAVE to kill that camper...some times he kills me like 5 times in a row..but i always end up killing him at some point.

-Team Killer (i personnally don't care about Team Killer...most of the time...because i enjoy doing so it's hilaroius but ALWAYS do it with moderation. Kill one teammate but don't start killing them all like a psycho because that spoils the guilty fun).

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
The fact that i need to allow EA to install spyware on my PC to play BF3.

After that, giefers, be it team-killers, people who willingly feed the enemy team in DotA/HoN and games like it, or otherwise plays to hurt theit own team.
And cheaters

If people is on the enemy team, anything they do that isn't purposefully helping my team, is fair play in my book, even if it means i get sniped, camped, tubed, rushed or whatever.
If their strategy to defeat my team is succesfull (and doesn't involve cheating) who am i to complain, that would be a n00b move.
People whining about the enemy team using effective non-cheating methods to win, are whiny bitches, so self-centered that they act like everyone else on the server is there to please them.
If people whine about someone using what they consider "lame tatics/weapons" like "omg noobtuber fag, stop or i fuck you up" i'll pick up a tube as well, just to piss them even more off. They deserve it for beeing the douchebags they are.

jjjonesy27

Jul 2, 2011
n00b t00bers on CoD

and people that only use the M2CG Rocket Launcher in Bad Company 2

i can deal with the little children and their horrible parents, if i have my mic on its usually either to troll people or i'm playing BC2. Mute Button = <3

Tyrant T100

Aug 19, 2009
Although I voted Foul Mouthed Children in the poll I suppose the worst thing is people who don't play the game properly.

In any real sport game you get penalised for doing something against the game, yet not in most multiplayer games. Any fps is ruined when the enemy team decide to spawn kill endlessly or even if your team repeatedly breaks the vehicles ect.
BC2 is one of the worst games for this.

ogrebushi

Jun 7, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
It's "other people", period, and it's not even restricted to foul mouthed brats or griefers. When you multiplayer game, you're essentially putting yourself in a situation where the quality of your recreation is entirely dependent on the behavior of a pack of total strangers. Racist Bob in the party? There goes your fun. Know-it-all Tom up in your shit? There goes your fun. Guild Princess causing drama again? There goes your fun. People keep going afk to have a smoke or walk their cat or pinch a loaf? There goes your fun. Your opponent rage quits or spews insults, hacks or griefs or just generally acts like a prick because he's angry you're beating him/not putting up enough of a fight? There goes your fun. Player silently and methodically waxes you without the slightest bit of a contest occurring because they've been honing their skills for years and you just bought the game yesterday? There goes your fun. And on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on.

Now consider that this is a hobby that was originally primarily migrated towards by introverts who don't deal well with social situations to begin with and aren't used to having to cope with the pressures annoying people can put on your patience and time, and you have a recipe for near constant misery punctuated by occasional glimpses of wary enthusiasm.

So, the answer is "other people". Can't live with em, still illegal to kill them and stack their bodies in your root cellar like cordwood.
Another voice supporting this comment. Was going to post a nice other people rant myself but i just cant beat this one. Hell I only like mmo's when i can solo stuff if i want to, I dont mind other people around mostly, i just want to be able to ignore em and do my own damn crap!

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
The players in it out of competitiveness rather than fun.

Nothing ruins a game like the guy shouting in your ear about how goddamn serious this match is.

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
Mr Thin said:
The attitude that if something is possible using the mechanics of the game, that it's a fair and reasonable thing to do.

Congratulations, you found a way to be an annoying asshole without technically breaking the rules. Am I supposed to be impressed? You're still an annoying asshole.
EXACTLY! like they want a f--king medal for finding a legal way to be a complete dickhead in a game.