Poll: Ipod or Zen?

Killcushley

Sep 6, 2008
I was thinking of buying an ipod when my friend suggested a Zen
What is better?
I was going to side with the Ipod 'cos i've had an ipod before but I've never seen a Zen before so cant decide.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The creative zen i had suffered from a dimmed out and eventually broken screen after about six months. It did however have drag and drop capabilities.

For the ipod get yourself a second party program for song transfer and you're laughing. The build quality of the nanos is top notch.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
iPods sound terrible and are so bloody awkward to use, you'll be thankful with a Zen, even if the snail-paced scrolling menu gets on your nerves.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I prefer my Ipod because i got this thick plastic case for it and I constantly drop it so without that i'd have broken my ipod heaps of times. Thats the reason that I got an ipod, I looked at protection cases and there was nothing good enough for the Zen.

fedpayne

Sep 4, 2008
My friend got a Zen because he was worried about iPod battery and breaking issues. KI haven't had to send my iPod back once, and he's had three replacement Zens. Do the Zens have video capacity? I love my iPod video, just get a program like PQDVD and you're set.

jezz8me

Mar 27, 2008
Ipod you can only get 30gb max for a Zen i think, to small. An Ipod you can get 160gb for a still affordable(ish) price.

They also have some of the best sound output there is. Use lossless though if you want quality mp3 are terrible.

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
I have a ZEN V Plus (similar to the iPod Nano I think) and frankly i love it. Good battery life, great audio (although the default earphones are terrible, used a better pair I had instead) and no requirement for something like iTunes to get the music to the device, I just move stuff over through Windows Mediaplayer.

Milkatron

Jul 18, 2008
Ipod, end of story. First off, no matter what you choose, get a new pair of headphones, because the ones given to you are always shit. Get an Ipod because everything else breaks a lot (a have friends who complain all the time about breakdowns and malfunctions). I would simply put more faith in an Ipod.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
I have an 80 gig ipod classic. I have a large music collection so the size helps. There is also plenty space left for PC data backup. Itunes can be useful if your looking for a single song and you do not want to have to purchase an entire CD. Quality wise I would say my ipod is very durable, the times it has slipped out of my hands, otherwise it is fairly safe. I have friends who buy zens so they don't give into the corporate machine and all that, but I've had no problems with my device.

khululy

Aug 17, 2008
well zen is cheaper... you have to sell one of your kidneys for an Ipod and half a kidney for a Zen.
And Steve Jobs is an idiot (yes he might be a good business man but still an idiot).
And there is also Iriver or other brands.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Get a Microsoft Zune. They are superior to all others. Though I will say my OLD Zen was fucking fantastic til it just wore out after five years of solid use.

zirnitra

Jun 2, 2008
get a creative zen micro I've had mine 6 years. always said I'd update it when it broke but it's just completely indestructible, built like a brick shithouse. it has 8 gigs which is enough for me.

I mean sure it doesn't have video play back but if your one of those people who's life is so pathetic that even when they're out about in public or on the bus they need to be watching a pirated copy of 300 on 'teeny weeny eyestraino vision' then you know..suicide?

plus apple are evil avoid them at all costs.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Zen, I like to go against the masses, it makes me feel cool :)~

I have never had any major problems with my Zen V the two and a half years I've had it, I can recommend it.

AyaReiko

Aug 9, 2008
Between those two? Zen

iPods are overrated and overpriced. (Especially overpriced.)

TommyGun465

Jul 2, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s post=18.70826.705324 said:
Zen, simply because their input ports smell of fruit. No. Seriously. Go and smell one. Smells fruity doesn't it.
wow. that blew my mind. it does smell like fruit!

Integra

Aug 27, 2008
My Zen was always solid, I can't really comment on the newer nanos and other ipods, but a lot of my friends had the older ipods that were far from reliable.