Poll: Is Commander Shepard (male) coming out of the closet in your game?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

OT: It won't affect me, I only ever play femshep.

Sep 14, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
Why not? "Yeah, Tali. I know that night we shared was magical and all...but...I was thinking of Garrus the whole time.
Necromancer Jim said:
It is now possible for all of my Shepards to romance Garrus.

Thus, all of my Shepards will romance Garrus.

+

=

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'm surprised that society still guilts people enough that they need to be in the closet those 100+ years in the future.

Mar 28, 2011
got about ten different run throughs on ps3 me2 (with backstory comic)
so i think my "main" (i.e. the one i play as me.) will probably stay with tali but it's nice to have the option.

i do have a bit of a crush on garrus IRL

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Oh yeah, it's going to be the gayest event in the history of the Universe. The relations of Shepard/Garrus will radiate pink waves of homosexual lust across the cosmos like a quasar. Entire planets will become extinct of species relying on sexual reproduction as all the males fall upon each other in the streets.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Got to keep the story canon, there's no way for him to come out of the closet without having some sort of mental breakdown, or start crying, and let's be honest here;

SHEPARD. DOESN'T. CRY.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I'm not worried about Shepard becoming gay, I'm worried about the other characters. How out of character would it be for Garrus to suddenly come up, "oh bi the way, I'm totally hot for you Shepard!"

I don't want to see their characters get changed for this option. Let the new party members be bisexual, but don't force it onto all the existing ones for the sake of it.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Vuljatar said:
Who is this... "male" Commander Shepard?
Ah yes (finger quotes) Male Shepard! (/Finger Quotes), the elusive savior of the galaxy brought back to life through lazarus technology! Hmmph, we have dismissed that claim.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Kopikatsu said:
Why not? "Yeah, Tali. I know that night we shared was magical and all...but...I was thinking of Garrus the whole time.
Necromancer Jim said:
It is now possible for all of my Shepards to romance Garrus.

Thus, all of my Shepards will romance Garrus.

+

=

I picture Shepard to be more of a bear and he would be being hugged not the other way around.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Well, considering that I didn't like ME1 or ME2, I don't really plan on getting ME3.

If I did, I would probably make him gay just for hilarity's sake. I don't find gay people funny, I just find Commander Shepard's "suave, romance" voice to be the most hilarious thing I have heard in a long time. I would just want to see what hilarious dialogue Shepard would say to pick up a male crew member.

Friendshipandmagic

May 13, 2011
Chelsea O said:
Friendshipandmagic said:
Mine can't come out of the closet, she was gay in the first game.

I don't care what anyone has to say on that either, the Asari are an all female race it said so in the codex. Therefore my Femshep was gay.

Didn't choose a romance in the second game either, can't wait to see if her loyalty is paying off.
it paid off in lair of the shadow broker so it should in 3 aswell
Ah cool, I have yet to play any of the DLC.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Nah. As it stands, he's having a race of sentient machines bearing down on him, AND a crisis between Ashley and Jack. So stressful. No need to add a sexual identity ambiguity to the mix lol

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Maybe, I mean if my LIs from the first and second start getting on my tits with all their fighting, my Shepard might just jump ship... plus he's always been harboring a secret crush on Garrus, then again, who hasn't.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Gsmoove said:
So if you hadn't heard already, Bioware has announced that there will be same sex relationships in Mass Effect 3...Anyway here's poll, just to see where everyone is at.
Hold on, hold on, Hoooldd on - there. Why only male?

I can't wait to have a lesbian Shepard (I'm not joking), it's going to be great! If it has to be guy on guy, thats 50% same sex discrimination.

Guy on guy Shepard has no interest for me, Girl on girl Shepard? Please please please pl-eeeeease!

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
I've only ever played a Female Shepherd and she is already a Lesbian... though I will probably dump Liara for Tali in ME3 if Tali is a FemShep choice.