Poll: Is It Weird When Men Love Cats?

Diminished Capacity

Dec 15, 2010
I'm a single straight guy who lives alone and has a cat. I think it's great to have a pet that doesn't require constant attention. And if I have to leave her alone for a day or two, she'll be fine and will greet me as per usual when I get back.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I technically have two cats, and I love one to bits. She's just so soft. She curls up on me when I'm playing a game on the floor. Did I mention she is soft? She likes to lick my fingers when I pet her.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
retyopy said:
OmniscientOstrich said:
I think you're weird if you don't love cats.
You get a pie, a cookie, a high five, and ALL of the internets. And I don't know, maybe a lolcat or something. Get it? lolCAT?
While I appreciate the pie, cookie, high five and the entirety of Internets, I don't think the cat community appreciates the derogatory stereotypes that lolcats perpetuate:

See? Kitteh, is no happy. Also relevant:

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Cats are awesome. My cat, though, still bring me decapitated animals even without canines and front claws, and stays in our house at night. It's like having a small, fuzzy serial killer rest in your house after a days brutal murder. I still love him.

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
A guy in my class thinks it makes you a woman if you'd rather have a cat than a dog. Dogs irritate me. Cats love me, and the feeling is mutual.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I certainly hope not. I love cats, and in my experience, they don't tend to make as much of a mess as dogs do.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Chapper said:
Every cat looks like they're scheming for household domination.
They start of as cute little fuzz-balls, so that you don't run them through with a spear, and by the time their evil begins to show, they've already corrupted your soul so much that you can't see it.

I'm a dog person myself. Working dogs (or sheep dogs) are a personal favourite (all of my dogs have been cross breeds of sheep dogs).

OT: Cats are creepy and are only loved because they are 'fuzzy, wuzzy adorable', which is not a very masculine reason to have a pet. So yes, it is weird when men (the gender, not the sex) love cats, because it is so very contrary to the rest of their image.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
I was once injured by a dog at a young age, so I suppose I'm biased, but I've mainly gotten over it and I still don't like dogs. Plus, cats are just better

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Of course not. Such is the power of the cat.

...speaking as a over six-foot, 250 lb. guy who's been known to break off conversations with "kitty!" >_>

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
No, cats are fine. What's weird are the people who feel the need to pigeonhole every like and interest by gender/age/race/etc. It's honestly just bizarre.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
seriously just another one of those stupid gender role things that people really should judt get the fuck over

anyway there are plently of guys who liek cats I imagine, while i can understand the apeal...less maintinence so to speak, easyer to care for Im not a fan of cats as they dont REALLY like you

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
What?
Ah luv mah kittehz.
I don't think there's any reason why cats wouldn't be a manly thing.
They're like mini predatory felines, which are generally considered pretty dang manly.

Macheteswordgun

Jul 24, 2010
I love pussy......cats.

But all jokes aside i prefer the way they act and what they tend to do when it comes to being house hold animals compared to other pets

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Pro tip: Don't listen to articles, especially in whatever magazine that one was in (tabloids, "health" and fashion magazines, ect.)

Personally I'm a guy and I prefer cats to dogs, they are cleaner and require less effort to take care of. They CAN be trained too, it just requires more effort.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
I'm a guy and I like the family cat. Except when she wakes me up wanting to go outside.