Poll: Is Not Dating a Certain Race Racist?

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Technically yes but not in a way that especially matters. If you have the idea that "I'm not attracted to black/white/asian/insert race here people attractive" as a criteria then it is.

But if it's just the case that all the people you find attractive thus far belong to the same racial group then no. It's not a general value judgement.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
krazykidd said:
Nope . I'm black and have never dated/had sex with a black chick . Iv'e done white , asian , indian , but not black , because i don't find black chicks attractive in the slightest . However , by that logic , homosexuals are sexist , which is clearly false .As long as we are strictly talking about not wanting to date someone due to their race , it's not racist .
Yup, I agree with this.

The real difference is you're not choosing your preferences. You're not consciously thinking "Oh she is of race X so I won't date her" you're just simply not feeling sexually attracted towards said person.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
by definition:

racism is discriminating against ( withholding opportunities, abusing or slurring ) a race.

so yes, you could call race-selective dating racism based on that.. ( and honestly, there are many cute girls out there of all races.. just look around! ) but I imagine very few people see it that way, so you personally prefer whatever you personally prefer and have little control over that without deep psychological assistance

so if you prefer to date, say asians and no others, I wouldn't call you racist for it personally but that's just my opinion.

as to the original guy, i guess he was just stating a preference but doing so clumsily.

Kingbingo

Mar 17, 2013
Flowen said:
Kingbingo said:
If not wanting to date a certain race is racist then a dude not wanting to date another dude is being sexist.

Perhaps the better question is why give a damn, there is this instinct in a certain section of society to go around desperately trying to find and condemn 'racists' like its February 1692 in a town called Salem. Just relax guys, stop trying to burn the witch, sorry racist, by creating a problem where there is not.

As it happens my wife is of another race from me, and I have employees of all races for the simple reason that individually they were the right/ best qualified person for the job. But I would still be considered a racist under this BS because I don't find certain races attractive either.
No, it's really not. Sexual attraction isn't something that can be easily changed, and the sex you're attracted to is pretty much set from day 1. Now, I know where a lot of you are coming from, but you're phrasing things incorrectly and making yourselves racist by association.
Thing is though, I just don't care. So many people are desperate to go round finding racists everywhere that your going to get tagged by someone sooner or later. So I'm just going to do my thing, say what I like and don't give a shit if someone wants to think I'm racist.

But actually everyone, including me is a bit racist. But I'm never offensive to black people, for the simple reason that would be rude, and I prefer to be polite to everyone. And I would never be stupid enough to not hire a better qualified black person over a white person. But neither do I want to date black girls. Don't really care if people want to call me racist, since sooner or later someone will anyway.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
thewatergamer said:
Whatever you happen to like is just your preference and you have a right to prefer people of a certain race over another certain race, for example, I just so happen to find Japanese or Asian women more attractive than white women, I would date a white women if I liked them enough, but I just find asians more attractive for whatever reason, does that make me racist?

I really don't think so, its not like I have something against other races its just my own personal preference, sexual attraction is not something that people can control, even though many people pretend they can, you have a right to find someone more attractive then someone else at least most sane people do

(*cough* feminists aren't exactly intelligent *cough*
If you're talking rights, you also have the right to claim black people are inferior, homosexuals are going to Hell, and women should stay home and make babies. That doesn't mean those claims aren't racist, homophobic, and sexist respectively.

I mean, sure, it's his right to use whatever standards he wants in dating. but just because you have a right doesn't make it at all non-prejudicial/bigoted/whatever.
Good point their is a line that can be crossed very easily, on its own liking a certain race more than another race is not racist, however their is a line that can be easily crossed, people can claim something is racist or bad and they have that right to claim something is racist or bad, but on the flipside people also have a right to disagree with someones beliefs,

Basically what Im trying to say is finding a certain race more attractive than another certain race is not automatically racist, but the motivations or reasons for that could potentially be seen as racist

PS: Sorry if I am a little hostile towards anything feminist lately on account of all the hate people like me have been getting, not trying to generalize all feminism automatically but you guys/girls know which feminists I'm talking about

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
The Lugz said:
by definition:

racism is discriminating against ( withholding opportunities, abusing or slurring ) a race.

so yes, you could call race-selective dating racism based on that.. ( and honestly, there are many cute girls out there of all races.. just look around! ) but I imagine very few people see it that way, so you personally prefer whatever you personally prefer and have little control over that without deep psychological assistance

so if you prefer to date, say asians and no others, I wouldn't call you racist for it personally but that's just my opinion.

as to the original guy, i guess he was just stating a preference but doing so clumsily.
THANK YOU

Also Most people (me included) will automatically be turned off by a certain race, you could be attracted to anyone, but some people my find certain races or features in a potential sexual partner more attractive then other feautres

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
If not wanting to date a black person because you aren't sexually attracted to them makes you racist, then does not wanting to date someone of the same sex for the same reason make you a homophobe?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
thewatergamer said:
...but you guys/girls know which feminists I'm talking about.
I assume you mean militant misandrists who erroneously self-identify as feminists despite demonstrating none of that ideology's tenets. They're actually fairly rare, and the great majority of them are actually windmills and men made entirely of straw, but every now and then one slips out of the woodwork to pour fuel on everyone's confirmation biases.

thewatergamer said:
...but some people my find certain races or features in a potential sexual partner more attractive then other feautres
Some people? All people. All people find certain things attractive, and unattractive. It's when you take a tiny pool of anecdotal experience and extrapolate it to cover an entire race, or gender, or sexuality, or creed, that you find yourself getting into heavily prejudicial territory. And as discussed, when you apply negative prejudice to someone for reasons of race, you are by definition being racist. This makes people uncomfortable, because people HATE to be called an -ist, regardless of whether or not the term exactly matches their behavior. So folks will run themselves ragged trying to redefine the term and/or attach a million conditions to it.

Here's a good piece of advice that everyone should take to heart. You are not the protagonist of the world. You are not the "good guy", even if you're generally a good guy. At some point in your life, perhaps many points, you are going to be the villain in someone else's story. You are going to be the asshole. You are going to think, and feel, shitty things. Accept it, and deal with it, and work to change/better yourself if you feel you must. Little bit racist in your dating preferences? If that bothers you, just work on it. Don't try and re-define a word so you come out smelling like the rose you imagine yourself to be.

Flowen

Sep 10, 2008
Kingbingo said:
But actually everyone, including me is a bit racist. But I'm never offensive to black people, for the simple reason that would be rude, and I prefer to be polite to everyone. And I would never be stupid enough to not hire a better qualified black person over a white person. But neither do I want to date black girls. Don't really care if people want to call me racist, since sooner or later someone will anyway.
No, not everyone. Some of us aren't racist.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
BloatedGuppy said:
thewatergamer said:
...but you guys/girls know which feminists I'm talking about.
I assume you mean militant misandrists who erroneously self-identify as feminists despite demonstrating none of that ideology's tenets. They're actually fairly rare, and the great majority of them are actually windmills and men made entirely of straw, but every now and then one slips out of the woodwork to pour fuel on everyone's confirmation biases.

thewatergamer said:
...but some people my find certain races or features in a potential sexual partner more attractive then other feautres
Some people? All people. All people find certain things attractive, and unattractive. It's when you take a tiny pool of anecdotal experience and extrapolate it to cover an entire race, or gender, or sexuality, or creed, that you find yourself getting into heavily prejudicial territory. And as discussed, when you apply negative prejudice to someone for reasons of race, you are by definition being racist. This makes people uncomfortable, because people HATE to be called an -ist, regardless of whether or not the term exactly matches their behavior. So folks will run themselves ragged trying to redefine the term and/or attach a million conditions to it.

Here's a good piece of advice that everyone should take to heart. You are not the protagonist of the world. You are not the "good guy", even if you're generally a good guy. At some point in your life, perhaps many points, you are going to be the villain in someone else's story. You are going to be the asshole. You are going to think, and feel, shitty things. Accept it, and deal with it, and work to change/better yourself if you feel you must. Little bit racist in your dating preferences? If that bothers you, just work on it. Don't try and re-define a word so you come out smelling like the rose you imagine yourself to be.
Thank you for correcting me fine sir and good advice as well

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
I think it's only racist if you say "I will never date -insert ethnicity-." but I don't think it's racist if you're naturally not attracted to a specific race.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
CriticKitten said:
Easton Dark said:
Yes it's racist.
The reasons for why a person says "no blacks" matter.
Oh please, do give an example where someone saying "No blacks" isn't racist. "No asians" "No whites", please go on.

There's too much diversity in how a person of a race looks to just do a blanket statement like that without racism.

CriticKitten said:
Again, reasons matter. If you're not biologically attracted to women, you're not sexist for feeling that way.
"No girls allowed", same thing.

CriticKitten said:
People really need to learn the definitions of words before slinging them around.
I agree, so please, I want the escapist users here to really consider the english language next time they respond to a thread like this, and to me in particular.

Now does it matter if it's racist? Not at all, like you and others say and I agree with, it's not a conscious decision. They don't choose to not like a race. It's racist but without hatred, so it's a wash, I look down on no one who likes one race over another. But don't try and disguise it as something it's not to make yourself feel better.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I've wondered this for a long time, and I wanted to start a thread about it, but I feared it would devolve into an utter shitstorm.

I don't find black girls attractive, even ones that I know are objectively beautiful, like Halle Barry or Thandie Newton. They just do nothing for me and I have absolutely no idea why.

I know that I'm not racist in the sense that I believe everyone is equal until they decide to prove themselves otherwise, and I wouldn't throw myself into the sea before I'd interact with someone from another race in a normal way, but for some reason I just don't dig black chicks.

MacChris1991

Mar 19, 2011
Ideally race doesn't factor at all when looking at a potential partner. At the very least it shouldn't be a thing you are basing your relationship on. I mean if you find someone who is literally perfect for you, but happens to be black, that honestly shouldn't be a deal breaker.

ERaptor

Oct 4, 2010
I dont date Black Girls because i dont find the skin tone attractive. By defintion, that's racist. But it's about a thing i do not _choose_ and instead is presonal preference, it's just how it is. So i dont consider a problem.

@ the Website you visited op. That group belongs to the retard bigrade of feminism and it would be in your best interest to ignore the "standards" these dibsh*ts desperately try to set for everyone.

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
I will say no but with a few conditions.

So long as it is merely a preference based on your attraction or lack there of then no it is not racist. However if it somehow based on racial stereotypes then you may start skirting the edge. Not dating someone with a darker complexion because you are afraid of what your kids might look like could be a tad on the racist edge. But that also works the other way. Dating a specific race in order to take advantage of perceived stereotypes (i.e. African Americans have big butts and giant dongs) could be considered just as racist.

when you reduce your attraction to their appearance but not necessarily their race I think you are ok, possibly superficial, but certainly not racist.