Poll: Is your virginity worth saving?

BangSmashBoom

Jul 28, 2011
Me and my family have a saying, Marriage and Christmas have a few things in common, unwrapping your present before the big special day is a VERY BAD IDEA! So obviously us all including me say yes, it's definitely worth saving, and I'm still planning on saving my Virginity for my future wife, and for countless other reasons of course, but obviously I'm probably the only that feels this way, so I ask you guys: Do YOU personally feel that your virginity is worth saving, and why?

I was also wondering if you guys also feel that most wives would appreciate the fact that their husbands saved their virginity for them as a gift to her of loyalty, patience and self-disciple; and same for the husbands appreciating the fact that his wife saved her virginity for him as a gift as well.
Last thing where I come from, we believe that fornication is just as bad as Adultery, don't ask me why, I didn't write the Bible, I'm not trying to guilt or convert anyone, I'm just trying to help you guys understand my belief system; the only way I can understand that it says that fornication is just as bad as adultery is, for me I believe that if you have sex before you're married, you're cheating on the one that God has planned for you. So I don't know about you guys but for me I love my wife as much as I can love another person, and I've never even met her yet. At least I don't think so, because I believe that if God wants me to marry, that he'll reward me with the wife that I so dearly desire, as long as I stay faithful to him.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
What's with all the weird ass characters in your post? Like... I just don't understand.

I also voted yes in the poll but for reasons that are the opposite of yours.

BangSmashBoom

Jul 28, 2011
White Lightning said:
What's with all the weird ass characters in your post? Like... I just don't understand.

Oops I first wrote it on word then copy and pasted it, the site musn't like text from Word, sorry man, I should be more mindful of my presentaition before hand next time, thanks m8.

BangSmashBoom

Jul 28, 2011
White Lightning said:

Okay, feel free to share, why do you feel that your virginity is worth saving?

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I'd say no. Sex is an extremely intimate experience that really should be shared with someone you care about buuuuut if you have a chance to get laid, why not? Sex feels good and ain't nothing wrong with feeling good.

But then again this is coming from an atheist who lost his virginity as a young teen. I could have waited all the way until I was 18 or 21 and it wouldn't have made any sort of difference in my life.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
BangSmashBoom said:
White Lightning said:

Okay, feel free to share, why do you feel that your virginity is worth saving?
I guess it's because I had a Bible crammed down my throat as a child, but more so do to the fact that (I think) it's something you should do with someone you care about. Religion (shouldn't) play apart in it. It's more of a... (I hate this word) emotional thing, like you should love someone. Does that mean you should get married first or anything like that? Well no, but your first time should atleast be done with someone you care about. After that it's whatever floats your boat.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Do you mean mine personally, or people's in general?

If people want to have sex with various other consenting adults...fine, none of my business. There are arguments that it's best for a couple to sorta know what they are doing on their wedding night.

Now, I don't think randomly having sex with everyone and anyone for its own sake would suit me very well, but that's not to say that applies to everyone.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Your virginity only has the value you attribute to it.

Unless you're an attractive girl. In which case, Japanese and Middle Eastern businessmen will pay a steeeep price for it.

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
Don't save it everyone who says save it is not thinking clearly.
What happens if you save it then you sleep with your now wife and the sex is damn terrible and after that the second time its damn worse. Some people are just not sexually compatible. and anyone who say "love will get you through it" is fooling themselves a marriage without decent sex is doomed period.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Virginity is not a tangible thing.
So the concept of saving it for someone is an old and out-dated ideology.
what I was going to say

it has no value to me therefore no..it is not woth "saving" for anything
Genuine Evil said:
Sex stopped being a binary 'in and out' system whose sole purpose is to deliver children, and has now become a recreational activity people do to unwind and relieve stress. If it?s not your thing, fine , but I see little point in trying to hold on to something so intangible as virginity
it never was actually...the ancient romans were into sex..I hear they didn't have concepts of "straight and gay" but "submissive and dominant"

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
TaintedSaint said:
Some people are just not sexually compatible. and anyone who say "love will get you through it" is fooling themselves a marriage without decent sex is doomed period.
This is of course, laughably false, but there are plenty of cases in which sex would help.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
No.
I see no reason to wait with sex until marriage, just as I see no reason to even get married.

Sex is a wonderful thing, and it you should have sex.
That's not to say you should sleep around with whomever and whenever, but being in a relationship for years without sex is just ridiculous.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Sex is like any other thing everyone should know how to do well, like swimming or riding a bike, If you don't practice you'll never be any good.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I've always seen it as a boulder I'm carrying on my back. I'd rather be rid of it and not have to suffer under society's judgment than treasure it for that special someone, who'll probably think I'm a weirdo anyway for not having lost it yet.

That doesn't mean I'd go to the nearest streetwalker though.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Nope. From my point of view, it's just something you're constantly looked down upon for. Is that a good thing? Hell no. But people ain't gonna change. Reality doesn't really matter as far as how people see you goes, only their perception of it, and the perception is that if you're older than 16 and still a virgin, you're a fucking loser.

Now the problem is, how to lose it. Virgin=loser. Loser=unattractive. Unattractive=unlikely to lose virginity. See where the problem comes in here?

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Sex started getting better after the first few times. I think people should hurry up and get the first time over with, it usually sucks.

I always have a joke about it, "I didn't lose my virginity til the second time I had sex". The first time when so horribly that I wouldn't even call it sex.

I personally would never get married before having sex, well....I would only get married if I was deeply in love, so it wouldn't be out of the question, but I obviously don't still have my virginity.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh Gawd.

What the hell for? God doesn't give you bonus XP for "saving yourself" for "that special someone".

Hell, wouldn't you prefer to actually know what you were doing when/if you do finally encounter Mr/Miss Right?