Poll: It's not gay if...

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
... You're the one getting a blowjob. It's a phrase iv'e heard quite a few times , mostly as a joke , but i'm wondering if there is any truth to it .

Okay to start off , i'm completely heterosexual, i'm comfortable enough with my sexuality , to be able to say when a guy is goodlooking ( be he has to be REAL good looking ) , but i have absolutely 0 attraction to men . Now i was having a conversation with a female friend of mine , and she asked me if i would get a blowjob from a man . I said no . She told me that i wouldn't be able to tell the difference if i was blindfolded, and she went on the say she wanted to test this out ( for god knows what reason ).

Anyways , that got me thinking , if a person ,got blowjobS from another man and enjoyed it , would that make me a homosexual? Or is it possible , to be able to enjoy being pleased by someone of the same sex without necessarily being gay?

Rosiv

Oct 17, 2012
It ultimately depends on how you define homosexual, and attraction, which are very blurry definitions. So if your excepting a absolute answer, i would be wary.

My personal opinion is that if you get aroused by men, ie, physically aroused, then id call that gay, anything else is just organs being pleasured.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Seeing as how women and men's anuses are anatomically identical, is wanting anal sex gay, even if with a woman? ^^

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Why don't we ask Try and Matt?

That did not help at all, did it?
Alright, let's ask Dictionary.com.

ho·mo·sex·u·al·i·ty [hoh-muh-sek-shoo-al-i-tee, or, esp. British, -seks-yoo-] noun
sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one's own sex.

I think it's a no-brainer. If you want it, and it's same-sex, it's homosexual.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Questions like this make me think there should be some kind of freakin? ?Gay Guidebook? for what ?counts? as gay or what doesn?t.

Seriously, you?re only gay if you self-identify as such. Otherwise, keep on getting blindfolded suckjobs by guys.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
I went with close your eyes and enjoy it. If you're getting a blowjob, you're getting a damn blow job. Enjoy it.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
... What the hell.
Getting a blowjob from a man doesn't turn you gay.
Just like sleeping with a man doesn't turn a lesbian straight.
Didn't we already figure this out from all the LBGT-threads?
If you turn gay after getting a blowjob from a man, then I'd wager you were already somewhat in the closet.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
If you were actually blindfolded and had no idea who was giving you the blowjob, then nope, not gay. If you actually want a blowjob, or other sexual contact, from another guy, you're either gay or bi. You were sexually aroused by another man, you had a sexual encounter with another guy, knowing it was another guy. You can't be straight, period.

Greg White

Sep 19, 2012
Sexuality is a very gray area. Most people have at least some bisexual tendencies, but what people do in their free time is their own business.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Does it make you gay? No. But it is, by definition, a gay sexual encounter. You can't pretend that you're not involved just because you're on the receiving end.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Uhhh.. I... well, I guess...

no I don't think it'd make you gay, but it'd be totally gay.

Captcha: Sunday funday.

welp

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Tayh said:
... What the hell.
If you turn gay after getting a blowjob from a man, then I'd wager you were already somewhat in the closet.
I'm not asking if it turns you gay , i'm pretty sure you can't " turn" gay . I'm just asking if a straight person can enjoy being pleasures by someone of the opposite sex without necessarily being bi or gay .

I guess the opposite would be , can a lesbians , enjoy getting oral sex from men ( plural ) without being bi or straight .

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
krazykidd said:
Tayh said:
... What the hell.
I'm not asking if it turns you gay , i'm pretty sure you can't " turn" gay . I'm just asking if a straight person can enjoy being pleasures by someone of the opposite sex without necessarily being bi or gay .

I guess the opposite would be , can a lesbians , enjoy getting oral sex from men ( plural ) without being bi or straight .
No, if you like getting blowjobs from men that makes you either bi or gay.

Rosiv

Oct 17, 2012
krazykidd said:
Tayh said:
... What the hell.

Well i dont wanna take this somewhere dark, but when men are getting raped, it's said that they can have erections during the rape, so if that's considered "aroused", then maybe. I mean, our butts arent different then women's, so i don't see why not.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Doesn't really matter, does it? Your capacity to enjoy a sexual encounter with a given sex doesn't really affect your sexuality. What matters is what gender you perceive as attractive. Someone attracted to their own sex is homosexual, someone attracted to the opposite sex is heterosexual, someone attracted to both is bisexual. Whether or not it's possible to enjoy a sexual encounter with someone outside of your gender preferences doesn't affect that any more than a bad sexual encounter with someone fitting your gender preferences means you're averse to sex with that gender.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Aris Khandr said:
Does it make you gay? No. But it is, by definition, a gay sexual encounter. You can't pretend that you're not involved just because you're on the receiving end.
Ohoho, I C WUT U DID THAR.

Slick Willy respectfully disagrees.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I won't comment, because we first need to define what is a gay act. Gay is a sexuality, so applying this to acts is a bit weird. I mean, if you can blow a dude, and still consider yourself straight, then it's not a homosexual act, so we need to find something that's impossible to do if you're not gay.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Yeah, I think it's possible. Arousal is different from being physically/emotionally attracted to someone. As far as I know, our bodies will just react to sexual contact; you might not want it to, but in the case of a straight man receiving a blowjob from another man, he'll probably enjoy it just fine provided it wasn't forced and accordingly traumatizing. Like Aris Khandr said, there's no doubt that it's a gay encounter, but it doesn't "make you" or mean you're gay. Though if you're a guy actively seeking out those kinds of encounters and would choose them over being pleasured by a woman, chances are you're indeed gay/a degree of bisexual.

Also...trick gloryholes. I'd be wary if your female friend suddenly wanted to get you a blowjob, OP. Though she did spoil her chances of "testing this out" on you by saying that. :p

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
What is it with the Escapist and having either weird threads or news posts everyday? It also seems like the weirdest ones show up about 2-3 hours before I go to sleep.

Anyways, I think it boils down to if you enjoy it. If you enjoy having a blowjob from another man, then you might have something you don't know about yourself, maybe some weird sexual urges in that head of yours? I don't know. As long as the howler monkeys don't shout "******!!!" every second about it, then I don't really care if it makes you gay or not.