Poll: Jagermeister: Manly or not?

redblinky

May 27, 2010
I love JAGER! Its my favorite drink. My current GF hates licorice and hates Jager but its my absolute favorite of the normal drinks that is. Even though a jager bomb is like 9$ WTF??

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Scotch is a man's drink. Whiskey is a man's drink.

Jagermeister is liquid candy. It's neither manly nor un-manly. It's alcohol for children.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Jagermeister is manly, your arguments for it being girly could be levied against alcopops not being girly because guys drink them too. Jagermeister is often seen with long haired beardy men who play metal so it can't get much more manly.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Taste 's all right, couldn't give a flying proverbial fuck if it's manly or not.

Prefer this though:

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Manly, yes. Tasty, no.
I used to like it, but one night I went on a binge of the stuff and now I literally can't stand it. It tastes like cough syrup.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
yay but only if you get shitfaced and don't complain the next morning... which is physical Impossible

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Jaegerbombs... Jaegerbombs... Jaegerbombs...

Someone should post that video, I don't know how to embed! Hell yeah it's manly though.

Mercurio128

Jan 28, 2010
A German friend from work was amazed that Jager is so popular in the UK. He told me that back home it's considered an 'old man drink' like whiskey and isn't generally served as a shot.

Schwenkdawg

Apr 15, 2009
I think it's pretty manly. Doesn't taste very good, so its not a girl drink right off the bat. I like to start my party nights with it (I dont get hangovers as bad when I do), so that's that.

21 yr old college male here

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Furburt said:
It's manly, but nowhere near as manly as poteen.

Basically, Irish moonshine. Made with potatoes, like everything else here. The proper stuff is 95%.

Try drinking THAT! It bears an alarming similarity to being hit in the face with a fire extinguisher.
Poteen is the fastest way to get completely fucking wrecked (not to mention a great way of finding out how alcohol poisoning feels). Rough as fuck on the way down... but not long after that you don't give a fuck.

The only rivals poteen has are pure grain alcohol, that fucked up supercharged vodka that the Polish equivalent of hillbillies make (which pretty much is the same as poteen) and non-commercial opium whiskey.

I also know how to get pissed on medical alcohol (which you can't drink)... Strangely enough, an old Irish bloke told me how.

All this knowledge now wasted that I got my drinking problem under control.

redblinky

May 27, 2010
Because EverClear is illegal in my state and we only get the watered down version. I've heard of people diluting rubbing alcohol for the purpose of getting completely wasted. Cant imagine that tastes very good. And somehow I dont picture alcohol induce death manly. Around campus the only people getting evac'd are girls.
RhomCo said:
Furburt said:
It's manly, but nowhere near as manly as poteen.

Basically, Irish moonshine. Made with potatoes, like everything else here. The proper stuff is 95%.

Try drinking THAT! It bears an alarming similarity to being hit in the face with a fire extinguisher.
Poteen is the fastest way to get completely fucking wrecked (not to mention a great way of finding out how alcohol poisoning feels). Rough as fuck on the way down... but not long after that you don't give a fuck.

The only rivals poteen has are pure grain alcohol, that fucked up supercharged vodka that the Polish equivalent of hillbillies make (which pretty much is the same as poteen) and non-commercial opium whiskey.

I also know how to get pissed on medical alcohol (which you can't drink)... Strangely enough, an old Irish bloke told me how.

All this knowledge now wasted that I got my drinking problem under control.

Because EverClear is illegal in my state and we only get the watered down version. I've heard of people diluting rubbing alcohol for the purpose of getting completely wasted. Cant imagine that tastes very good. And somehow I dont picture alcohol induce death manly. Around campus the only people getting evac'd are girls.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Meh, I'm more into mead and scotch, but Jager is okay, I suppose. Although I'm not sure how much of a "hunting master" one can be while drunk.

OT: Considering that TV shows have no basis whatsoever in reality, I can conclude that Jager must be manly.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
redblinky said:
I've heard of people diluting rubbing alcohol for the purpose of getting completely wasted.
The fools. There's a wayyyyyyyy easier method to getting fucked up on rubbing alcohol than diluting it so you can drink it. Can't share it, though. I was sworn to only share it with other black irish.

Southpaw Samurai

Mar 2, 2010
My Jägermeister days were mostly back before Red Bull was widely available in the US, so that definitely both ages me and also skews my opinion since we didn't mix it with silly energy drinks back then.

True story. We had a Christmas party at our boss's house one year and we all figured it was a 'bring your own' situation and so both myself and a friend/co-worker each brought a green stag bottle (big ones, if I recall). No one else wanted to touch the stuff, so for whatever dumb reason each of us finished off our own respective bottles.

By the time we were better aware of our surroundings, we realized we were in our boss's teenage daughter's room.... playing Super Mario Kart with her... and losing badly. :p

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
I wish it were less manly. I still have to trim my chest hair weekly with a lawnmower due to a "you're not a man unless you drink this manly stuff challenge" as a teen.

Its a guaranteed free wolfman costume come Halloween time though....

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
RhomCo said:
Iron Lightning said:
Although I'm not sure how much of a "hunting master" one can be while drunk.
Ah, then you've never been spotlighting with a bunch of fucked up drunken hicks.
Seeing as how I retain my life, you are quite right, sir.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Is it manly, is it not manly.....seriously, who cares? Drink what you like.

Southpaw Samurai said:
By the time we were better aware of our surroundings, we realized we were in our boss's teenage daughter's room.... playing Super Mario Kart with her... and losing badly. :p
Sounds awesome!