Poll: Jeff Dunham

Semitendon

Aug 4, 2009
The OP should reconsider the intense bias his poll has. But, the bias was intentional, so evidently he is a jackass.

That said, I think Jeff Dunham is hilarious. I enjoy almost all of the characters in his act. However, I do question the idea of giving him a TV show. Dunham has a tendency to recycle material, and ventiloquism is really more of a novelty comedy act. So, I am not convinced that the show will be good. But, his stand-up is great, and I would encourage everyone to watch him at least once.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
bloodrush545 said:
Skarin said:
bloodrush545 said:
Since when are people so lazy on the internet they can't do a fucking Google search.
If you want a topic to be discussed here it is your job to make the effort in presenting it properly, not ours.

Oh and, welcome to the Escapist!
That's for the welcoming party...guess it's just a pet peeve of mine. If you'll take the energy to ask what it is, why can't you do a simple search.
Please read my previous post again for the answer. Also, for future reference: Forum Posting Guidelines [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.116826]

Sep 6, 2009
bloodrush545 said:
The King of Rock and Roll said:
No opposing opinions, stating his opinion as a fact, short OP.

And then there is the other new poster, who seems to be trying to up the fire on the thread.

Hmmmmm, what might this be? Flamebait anybody?
Oh because your a grizzled veteran at a month of posting.
Well, now that you haven't made an ass of yourself and seem to be a logical person, I retract my previous comment, it's just that in what appears to be a flamebait thread, seeing a post of your original ones caliber made my mind jump to a troll with multiple accounts. Sorry.

The first poster is quite obviously a troll, most new posters take the time to make an avatar. (As you have done) But I simply assumed the OP was puppetering and trying to fan the flames a little with your post. Seems I was mistaken.

Sorry for the assumption, and Welcome to the Escapist. Please accept my humblest facepalm as a form of apoligy.

F3rgioSON

Sep 10, 2009
Semitendon said:
The OP should reconsider the intense bias his poll has. But, the bias was intentional, so evidently he is a jackass.

That said, I think Jeff Dunham is hilarious. I enjoy almost all of the characters in his act. However, I do question the idea of giving him a TV show. Dunham has a tendency to recycle material, and ventiloquism is really more of a novelty comedy act. So, I am not convinced that the show will be good. But, his stand-up is great, and I would encourage everyone to watch him at least once.

Thank you. I agree with this guy! ^^^ Check him out at least once, and I HOPE the show works. And I'll say again, BIASED MUCH? :p

Lazier Than Thou

Jun 27, 2009
Is it bad when you start yawning when the guy on the stage is talking(or pretending not to talk)? Because that's usually what happens to me when Dunham is doing his Dunham thing.

My sisters love him, though.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
That Achmed dead terrorist thing is terrible.

Not even the fact that it probably pisses off the political correct crowd can save it from how unfunny it is.

So yeah I voted Worst comedian.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
He might be funny in another format, but the only stuff of his I've ever seen is that Achmed the Dead Terrorist bit, which was painfully bad.

It doesn't help that it seems like everybody I know whose shoe size is a higher number than their IQ has it saved on their phone, and plays it to everyone they meet.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
I think he is quite entertaining, you really should add an option for people that like him.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Noamuth said:
.. Jeff Who?

A description or something would be helpful.
the guy behind Achmed The Dead Terrorist.

OT: while i probably wont buy it (mainly because i live on the other side of the planet), but i think hes quite funny.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
bloodrush545 said:
The King of Rock and Roll said:
No opposing opinions, stating his opinion as a fact, short OP.

And then there is the other new poster, who seems to be trying to up the fire on the thread.

Hmmmmm, what might this be? Flamebait anybody?
Oh because your a grizzled veteran at a month of posting.
dude, if your going to act all tough and shit, you´re stay here isnt going to neither pleasant nor long. keep your trolling for yourself or prepare to get pimpslapped by the Banhammer.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
He's pretty funny... the first time you watch him. Truly, he just takes advantage of awkward silences and continues with 'funny sounds' a bit too long.

His show is idiotic and will fail miserably. I can't believe Comedy Central actually gave it to him. Lets just hope it dies a peaceful, quite death.

Droa

Aug 1, 2009
he is a good and funny comedian, i was actually gutting myself when i first saw him, so put up more options on this poll, make it actually decent