Poll: Jimquisition: like or dislike

EdgeyX

Realms of Randomness
Mar 18, 2009
I'm not the biggest fan. Its like he's trying too hard to be funny.

Jun 5, 2010
I have to say I do really like his videos I think he is actually pretty funny and though i dont share all of his views (call of duty, i still hate it) im think he has made good videos and im going to watch them still.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
I've given him enough chance to improve, but he took so many steps back last time. He thinks he's smarter than he is, which is forgiveable. Not being funny isn't.

Feb 9, 2011
Occasionally he makes a good point here or there, but its presentation is severely lacking, so the show generally fails to hold my attention. I simply cannot get over the "home movie" feel that it has; it just makes it seem rushed and amateurish to me. *shrugs* I don't really watch it anymore. I gave it a few tries.

Rekrul

Nov 24, 2010
Hated him to begin and after the first one thought to myself, "I will never watch this again!", but I did after reading extra consideration and now I quite like him.

Freeze_L

Feb 17, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Fwee said:
I like the show, like his opinions and the way he presents them, but don't like him. I'll keep watching. Not even ten episodes in, you think shows don't need to get the kinks out?
He's got way more than ten. He's been making Jimquisitions on Destructoid for a while now.
You see this is like the last one posted here, it has some information and not shoved full of crappy comedy. It is actually funny as well...

I don't think that the ones before the last one posted on the escapist were worth the time, nothing was said and there was not even any opinion conveyed, well there was but it was incomprehensible due to the god-awful delivery.

Feb 19, 2010
my fellow cynics will stand by me here, i don't like him. not the person himself, i mean, he could be a really swell guy, and granted he does make SOME good points......sometimes, but his humour is forced, and that dress getup...ugh... and his production values suck. i think he should take a more extra credits approchh on this one, as he does make some good points. like his views on call of duty being just a bag of uncles not a sack of stalins patttons & churchills.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
I like HIM and the script, but the show is so unpolished and unprofessional looking. If the camera quality was good and the camera angles swapped around a bit, people would like it more. This week's was a strep in the right direction.

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
He's a good performer but the points he makes often aren't well thought out or interesting. The show's okay.

Edit: Apparently he has a back-catalog of work. I'll have to look through it to see if it's better.

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
I like the Jimquisition. I've been watching it since it started on Destructoid and have enjoyed most episodes.

Frankly, I think people are sort of looking at it the wrong way. From what I can remember the series started after he did a particularly vitriolic take-that at Zelda fans after last year's E3, and while it wasn't totally serious I don't think it was exactly meant to be funny either. That's the view I've always taken of it- it is mainly an opinion piece presented in a very viscous and over the top manner and not a comedy show. So for example, I view the "Jim puts on an odd hat and imitates someone" segments as being extensions of whatever point he's making, as opposed to something I'm supposed to laugh at.

I have sort of the same deal with Extra Credits- I watch it for the point being made in each episode, not because I want comedy.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
The new show doesn't really grab me but I will admit his earlier shows (the ones featured on YouTube) and style are much better. Maybe not everything should be re-tooled when arriving at the escapist?

Grotch Willis

May 10, 2011
Just goddamn annoying, he seems like wants to be the lovable pompous ass that yahtzee is, but also wants to be a comedian and not the good mitch hedberg kind, the annoying dane cook kind. Also, his production values suck.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
wolf thing said:
he make some good points but his humor is hit or miss so over all hes pretty good
Pretty much this. He raises some good points, but his delivery annoys the hell out of me so I can't be bothered with watching the thing.

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
I'm not really a fan of it. Im just waiting for more Top 5 with Lisa Nova! Is it still going?

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
He's a douchebag, but he's good at it. The way he exaggerates claims or makes strange arguments is past "he's wrong" and into "he's got to be kidding".